Another new-in-towner....

I am a psuedo-expat, spending abotu 35% of my time in Beijing.  Craving a little conversation in English about now! Would love to find someone to have dinner from time to time(Would also love an occasional running partner for the weekends.)

I stay near the Water Cube - doesn't seem to be a mecca for Westerners.  Are there any good restaurants around or places where I am likely to run into an expat having a drink?

Sanlitun is expat heavy, plenty of bars and resteraunts

Hey, where is the water cube? Have you tried going to Santiltun to meet westerners?
What brings you to Beijing?

hello guys

i live in the guomao area, not far from sanlitun, so any guys free for drink?

cheers

What brings me to Beijing?  Today, I am going with "severe lapse of good judgement."

The Water Cube is next to the Bird's Nest, but I have actually relocated to Dongcheng.  It was too desolate up where I was before.

And always free for beer.

hey! im new to Beijing and would be intersted in getting together! where are you living? I am new to this so Im not sure where things are really! Let me know if your interested!

Hey everyone, I'm new to Beijing and would also like to meet new people. If anyone is free to grab dinner or beer, let me know!

That is the thing I think I will miss the most - running on a sunny sat morning through the Botanic garden!!

I love yoga and running.... Let me know... I am still in Sydney, but leaving in 2 weeks...

Hi Ashley,
I'm new in town. Let me know if you are up for meeting up in Sanlitun. I'm trying to organise a drink for Tuesday night. Let me know if this suits.

Cheers
Mo

How serious is your running problem?

You might wish to join the Hash House Harriers.

Or if you wish to replace running with hiking then maybe try the Beijing Hikers.

As for meeting people...we meet nearly every Tuesday evening.

Please feel free to join us.

Hi everybody !

I'm new here, and it seems I missed the tuesday's night meeting !
I'm looking for having a drink, a dinner, travel arounf China, making friends... So, please call me when you do something ^^

We meet nearly every Tuesday.

ok, perfect !!
where is the meeting point ?

It varies.

The next event is on Tuesday 8 June and will be at Flames (Hilton Wangfujing).. Be careful... there are 4 Hiltons in Beijing.

Hello,

another newbe. I just moved to Beijing and hope to be here for about a year or two. I am headed  to zhongshan for two weeks but I am interested in meeting expats as well. let me know if there is another gathering

Last time I was in Beijing, it was for the Olympics.  I remember being able to make friends with Americans by just walking around in HouHai.  Are things different now?  I think they were all foreign exchange students from Ohio(yuck).

Next meetings:
Tuesday 13 July Hilton Wangfujing - Flames Bar on 5th Floor.
Cost 50RMB

Tuesday 20 July Hilton Beijing - Zeta Bar on 2nd Floor. Cost 80RMB

Tuesday 27 July Hotel G. - Scarletts Wine Bar. Cost 80RMB

These are discounted prices. Ask for me so that they won't charge you the full price.

Wow it seems theres a lot of people up there in China looking for people to hang out with, why is it that hard? JW

@ JW:

No harder than moving to any new city. A move from one end of a country to the other end of the same country can be equally stressful. The people asking about meeting are, I think, in the majority people who are in still in the pre-arrival process or only recently arrived.

It is normal and fully understandable that they want to prepare themselves for the move. This process includes trying to learn from the experience of others the answers to numerous questions including where can I meet people that I can relate to.

This is one of the reasons why we organise the Tuesday get-togthers/networking evenings.