BEWARE of pickpockets!

It was not a good day today,for a lady friend and i.We were up at 4.30am as we had to get a flight to Bohol.After getting on the plane,we were told that due to bad weather it was cancelled.After a long drama we managed to book another one for the next day,but via Cebu.
Anyway,instead of using a taxi,which we used earlier,we took a jeepney,from the airport in Pasay,Manila,to the main jeepney station by the river(that smells terrible with so much litter in).After we alighted and got on the next one,AQE(my lady friend)found all the money gone in her purse.All her cards and my drivers license were still intact.
What happened is,we got on to the jeepney and we sat at the rear,as it was nearly full.The guy who came in after me was now the last one and he asked if i would like the last seat,so my small suitcase can be near the exit.That guy then moved and sat on the left of AQE.When we left the smelly station,we both covered our noses due to the stench.Shortly after that a guy opposite drops some coins and asked AQE,if she can get one by her foot.So she lent forward to pick it up.
What we believe happened is that when we covered our noses the guy next to AQE,managed to get at her purse,as she took her hand off her handbag.When the guy dropped the coins,he put it back.I suppose he did that,so if he was caught he will not have any proof on him.
So please beware and not be caught out as we were,as we must have been followed.There may well have been more than the two as well.

I have never heard of a pickpocketer replacing credit cards and IDs as they are worth more than the cash. Odd.

dhnindc wrote:

I have never heard of a pickpocketer replacing credit cards and IDs as they are worth more than the cash. Odd.

However the cards were not credit cards.We also find it very odd.