Australian trying to sort documents for Family Visa

Hey all
First post on here. Any advice or tales of Family Visa application experience would be great.

I'm in Riyadh and about to get my Iqama (apparently), so I'm going to have to apply for my Family Visa for my wife quite soon. I've checked and my occupation listed on my visa means I'm eligible to get a Family Visa, but I want to get the documents ready in advance so that things go smoothly.
I have my original wedding certificate, and my original academic degree certificate.
My question is this - I've heard talk that I have to get both my wedding certificate and degree authenticated back in Australia by the Ministry of Education and the Department of Foreign Affairs. Is this the case? Or am I able to get them authenticated at the Australian Embassy here in Riyadh? Any advice on this? Any Australian's out there had experience getting a Family Visa?
Thanks for any help!
Cheers

JOSH

Yes "officially" you need to have both your wedding certificate and degree authenticated back in Australia by the Ministry of Education and the Department of Foreign Affairs PLUS the Saudi Embassy . But that is not set in stone, the Istiqdam people give lots of allowances on this, so the best advice is for you to apply for the visa and see how they will guide you. It will save you tons of hassle

hello every1 hope u people r gud.first of All my opinion is that bring ur family on visit at begining u ill get 3 month visa which can be extend upto 9 months.sometime for Us Uk Aus passport they give multiple 5 years visa as they gave my brothers wife 5 years visa.when ur family is here u can attest ur degrees and apply for permanent visa .visit visa will take maximum 10 days and minimum 3 days and its very easy.no details documents required.

ahmadaq - thanks for the advice - I'll probably just do that I guess.

sameer_90 - I was thinking of doing something like you mentioned: visit visa and then convert to a more permanent one, but my fear is that you can't convert a visit visa to a family visa. That's what I'd heard anyway.

you are rite u cannot convert but while she is here u can attest ur documents and apply for perm one.because usually it takes long time for attestation .once u get the perm visa send them back and then they can come again easily.

Sameer,
Thanks for that. I think that may be the best option. Just got my Iqama on Wednesday, so I'll probably apply for a visit visa this week. One question - do you know if it's possible to get multiple entry visit visas? Or is it only valid for one trip to Saudi?
Thanks
J

when u ill fill the form or ur company ill fill the visa form there u have to tick on multiple visits .They usually gives to US UK CAN and Aus Nationals easily.my bro wife is frm US she got 5 years multiple visit visa.i hope ur family ill also get it :-)