Will they Recognize a German Degree?

Would a Pakistani expat holding a Business Bachelors from Germany be considered same as holding one from Pak?
I'm a Pakistani Expat student and wish to be in Saudi Arabia for long term due to attachment. I have a chance to either do a Bachelors in Business from Pakistan, or to spend a little higher and be in Germany for the same degree.

However, due to the nationality, the payment prospects, degree recognition would be same?

P.S I might learn German

Why take it in Deutschland instead of the UK?  You want to move to a region they speak Arabic/English and will study in a third language speaking country?  Your options would be far higher if you're going to pay International student fees if you went to one of the core English speaking countries to do your degree.

ps. Here in the UK employers look at undergraduate Business degrees quite poorly.  It's considered a very soft subject.  Sure, it's a degree, but unless you go MA and further you're unlikely to get onto a career track with a high end corporation unless you went to Oxbridge or a Russell Group university.

Choose your undergraduate degree and place of study very wisely!

You're making some seriously good points. UK/Canada/USA would have been the dream positions- however, I'm unable to bear the thousands of dollars they charge. In Germany, the Education is largely funded by the Government in most states. And I could comfortably work out with the cost of living.

And yea, unless there are some serious problems, I'd be going for Masters or CIMA.

Is the degree where you're looking at being delivered in English?   We're recommending to a lot of English/Welsh students to step out into the EU where the education in universities is taught in English, and the fees, being that these students are EU members, are extremely cheap.  The cost to our students now is, with the payback, more than they'll ever earn over an A level leaver over their entire working lifetime.  I hear Paris, France and uni's in Netherlands being talked about for possible locations.   I didn't know Deutschland was cheap for fees, and hadn't heard any of their uni's were delivering the courses in English.

As long as the degree is delivered in English there shouldn't be too many problems  persuading employers that it's of accredited value from a bricks and mortar university (rather than a degree mill.)   Postgraduate funding for EU students is just not there, so if you can afford the fees and living costs to go further, then go for it.

If degree can get attested here then you have better chances or getting job as compared to having degree from pakistan, I can't say if your education been in dutch going to effect your chances of getting a job.

A Pakistani Degree is as good as from any other country. Their education system is fantastic.

The sooner other countries recognized this fact, we are all going to benefit.

Honestly, as crappy as it is, with MOST companies ot won't matter where your degree is from.  you will be paid based on being a Pakistani and unfairly not equal to western individuals.  keep that in mind also.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

Honestly, as crappy as it is, with MOST companies ot won't matter where your degree is from.  you will be paid based on being a Pakistani and unfairly not equal to western individuals.  keep that in mind also.

True enough, here in KSA.  But hopefully he won't be here forever and I do think the degree from Germany could open doors if he eventually goes for a position in the EU.

Beakersful wrote:

Is the degree where you're looking at being delivered in English?   We're recommending to a lot of English/Welsh students to step out into the EU where the education in universities is taught in English, and the fees, being that these students are EU members, are extremely cheap.  The cost to our students now is, with the payback, more than they'll ever earn over an A level leaver over their entire working lifetime.  I hear Paris, France and uni's in Netherlands being talked about for possible locations.   I didn't know Deutschland was cheap for fees, and hadn't heard any of their uni's were delivering the courses in English.

As long as the degree is delivered in English there shouldn't be too many problems  persuading employers that it's of accredited value from a bricks and mortar university (rather than a degree mill.)   Postgraduate funding for EU students is just not there, so if you can afford the fees and living costs to go further, then go for it.

Thanks for you insightful post.

Yes, the entire course is in English. On DAAD website you could  find dozens of programs with English as a medium of instruction, and with NO TUITION fee at all. 14 out 16 states do not charge for most programs. Even if I convince my Dad for Canada/US/USA, I do think that to invest so much on an undergrad degree just violates the economic principle.

So although the 'worth' of the degree in KSA is debatable, and possibly not much (except in few cases), I have decided to go Germany becauseI'm sure the side-benefits are huge, like exposure, character development etc which ultimately surge our chances of getting a job, and even irrespective of the jobs' aspect- living life with high self-confidence is far better. Plus, I'm positive that the quality of education would not be lesser by any means.

suzan wrote:

A Pakistani Degree is as good as from any other country. Their education system is fantastic.

The sooner other countries recognized this fact, we are all going to benefit.

Suzan, the thing is that I have spent a lot of time in Pakistan, it's definitely like a home- I want to experience something crazy :P I want to be in a new culture, new language, travel a little and much more. I just can't resist the temptation. However, yea, if something went out of plan, I'd be enrolling into the top university of Pakistan.

Syedahmedrazaabidi wrote:

If degree can get attested here then you have better chances or getting job as compared to having degree from pakistan, I can't say if your education been in dutch going to effect your chances of getting a job.

Can you please elaborate more on this? Like generally which degrees, from which countries they attest in KSA?

Freshlikesushi wrote:

Haha, this definitely doesn't sound appropriate, but so be it- I can't change my identity. But who knows, a PR permit in Germany later on, could help a little. Anyways, I do not wish my salary to be on 'Western Standards', never ever I dream big money, courtesy the teachings of my hardworking, loving Dad.

Alliecat wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

True enough, here in KSA.  But hopefully he won't be here forever and I do think the degree from Germany could open doors if he eventually goes for a position in the EU.

Yes, this could be the case. I might go for MAsters in Germany and be there for a job for some years. The German job experience would ultimately be pivotal.

Well then do that, enroll into, e.g. University of Lahore, which is an excellent university. However it depends on what field you wish to enter.

Doing your post grad overseas would be the best option, if you wish to experience life abroad. If you do your grad o/s then you have an opportunity to acquire work experience, which may lead to a job, if that is what you want.

Always remember, "you men and women are Pakistan's future".

Go well and the very best of luck.

SeenSheen wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

Haha, this definitely doesn't sound appropriate, but so be it- I can't change my identity. But who knows, a PR permit in Germany later on, could help a little. Anyways, I do not wish my salary to be on 'Western Standards', never ever I dream big money, courtesy the teachings of my hardworking, loving Dad.

Alliecat wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

Yes, this could be the case. I might go for MAsters in Germany and be there for a job for some years. The German job experience would ultimately be pivotal.

One of the benefits of doing both your undergraduate and (hopefully) graduate studies in Germany is that you should be proficient in German after living there all that time.  Another language under your belt is always a plus, too!

You seem to have your head on straight, thinking this through carefully.  Best of luck.

suzan wrote:

Well then do that, enroll into, e.g. University of Lahore, which is an excellent university. However it depends on what field you wish to enter.

Doing your post grad overseas would be the best option, if you wish to experience life abroad. If you do your grad o/s then you have an opportunity to acquire work experience, which may lead to a job, if that is what you want.

Always remember, "you men and women are Pakistan's future".

Go well and the very best of luck.

Points taken, Ma'am.

And you know what, only yesterday I appeared for the aptitude test of the same University (they had this countrywide test). I'm keeping all the possibilities open. I have also applied for a scholarship, and apparently I do fall under the criteria of attaining one.

Yea, sure we are. Pakistan need us.

Alliecat wrote:
SeenSheen wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

Alliecat wrote:

One of the benefits of doing both your undergraduate and (hopefully) graduate studies in Germany is that you should be proficient in German after living there all that time.  Another language under your belt is always a plus, too!

You seem to have your head on straight, thinking this through carefully.  Best of luck.

Oh yea, I have always fancied learning new languages. I secure good grades in literature, languages- so it should be fun.

just remember though

You are ONLY Pakistan's future if you take your education, go back to pakistan and make a difference.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

just remember though

You are ONLY Pakistan's future if you take your education, go back to pakistan and make a difference.

Well, that's highly arguable. One of the biggest economic boosts Pakistan currently receives is through the remittances sent back to Pakistan. Plus, in many countries, Pakistan is misrepresented by illiterate labour class which was not privileged to be educated and hence be more 'civilized'. However, that forms a small percentage, and I feel if Pakistanis take up more educated, top-fields abroad, it would help to achieve a better global perception regarding Pakistan.

global perception doesnt help the village that needs someone to teach it.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

global perception doesnt help the village that needs someone to teach it.

But it does help in many other ways- like investment, foreigners coming for jobs etc. which might eventually help that particular village in a much finer way.

if you say so.