Goes on vacation and never comes back.

Hi All,

I have an interesting topic for discussion.

What happens when an Indian expat leaves for annual leave and never comes back.

He does not have any credit card pending bill or does not have any loan.

He has completed only 1 year in service out of his two year contract.

What does the law says on the above?

Would there be any legal repercussion in India if a complaint is raised by the employer in Bahrain?

Please share you experiences and views.

Thanks.

Deepak

I would say he should close off all his bank accounts, cancel his credit card and mobile phone subscription or any other subscription he has. Pay all of his rents - and cancel his tenancy agreement before he goes on holiday. Then he should be good to leave. Even if he doesn't do any of the above, he should be fine, but forget about re-entering to Bahrain or potentially to any GCC country again.

It seems that this gentleman was very unhappy and has chosen to go home to where he feels loved and wanted. If he has left no debts behind then he is fine.

Like Brightonguy says though, he will not be welcomed back into the GCC due to the way he carried out this vacation

Thanks Brightonguy and Josnuggles...

There are no financial obligations on him and he does not want to see the face of any GCC countries for the next few years to come...

Actually he is working for a good company and in a good position and fears that if he resigns then he may not be relieved or the company will impose heavy financial commitments on him...

So he wants to apply this route with guidance from some knowledgeable person like you.

Thanks..

oberoi wrote:

Thanks Brightonguy and Josnuggles...

There are no financial obligations on him and he does not want to see the face of any GCC countries for the next few years to come...

Actually he is working for a good company and in a good position and fears that if he resigns then he may not be relieved or the company will impose heavy financial commitments on him...

So he wants to apply this route with guidance from some knowledgeable person like you.

Thanks..

I think what he needs to do is sit down with his bosses and HR department and discuss what he is troubled with. He may have doubts or fears that nobody is aware of and be to scared to "open up" to people. If his company are supportive then they should offer him the advise he needs. Sometimes people are too nervous to say they are scared and just hide away

I would differ with most of you, I think he will be fine and he can easily apply for another job in Bahrain or any other GCC conuntry, any good company will hav a policy in place already for resingtion from vacation, he need to clear all his finacial issues in Bahrain and send a clear rsinigtion letter as soon as he arrive in india, obviously he is likely to loose his end of service award.

But what is stopping him serving his resignation right now?

brightonguy wrote:

But what is stopping him serving his resignation right now?

If he resigns now, then he will have to serve two months notice period which he doesn't want to do as the company might not relieve him and chance are likely that the company will impose a heavy financial burden to reimburse his recruitment expenses, family expenses etc as he is breaking the contract within 1 year of service..

He is having a better professional offer in his home country.

So, he is thinking that resigning on vacation would be the best way to go ahead.

Hmm. If that's the case, he will be breaking his contract so he might have implications in the future. Again, I don't know how much force Bahrain can imply on India about this relatively small thing, but sometimes companies can sell their debts to a debt collection agency and these guys have global networks so he could be approached by a company in India to pay his debts.

I absolutely don't recommend him doing this for his piece of mind. He should resign officially and try to find the middle ground with his company as he is technically stealing money from his company (according to his contract)