Any Canadian/North American/English-speaking people in Plovdiv?

Hello...  I can hear the English echo in this place - would love to meet those who's first language is of the "Western world" - not that there is anything wrong with Eastern European dialect - just that it's 'all Greek' to me... for now ;)

I'm writing from my beautiful Bulgarian wife's account... so don't be scared off by the "bg' cookie" username.

If you're out there, anyone...  I am here and can be reached for any type of westernized, influential assistance aka  good 'ol fashioned English saturated b/s.

Ahhh it is what it is - call this a cyber-mayday of sorts...

Hi, We are Americans/Bulgarian living in Sofia but travel to Plovdiv(husband's hometown)to see friends.  ping me......

Hey there, just recently arrived in Plovdiv from the fairest Cape Town and would like to get together with someone else that can converse in English. Don't get me wrong i love the people and the culture and wouldn't exchange my time here for anything, just a time out now and again to have a beer and as you said talk some BS. Let me know.

hi how are you i am from the caribean my husband is bulgarian i lived there for some years and i am now in the usa i will be there in a couple of months.are u black?

Hi, i am a white South African now living and working here in Plovdiv. Let me know if you and your husband would like to meet up once you are back here in the area.

Just FYI, if you're looking for native speakers you might as well add the UK.

Hi All, I am new to Expat.com.  First post.

I am moving to Plovdiv on the 17th of July.  I am American but I have been in Bangkok, Thailand for the past year.  I really miss western people and culture so I decided to move back to Europe. I have also lived in Rome but last year I visited BG and it was amazing.  So I have decided to make it my new home.  I know I will face many challenges but I'm sure it will not be any more difficult than Thailand.  I would love to make some English speaking friends before I arrive.

Hi,

I am an American. I am curious as to how long you have lived in Bulgaria. I am considering retiring there and would appreciate you comments and observations. You can send me a note at [email protected]

Take care.
Duane

Hi "cookie"

Hope youre doing fine.

Yes, i speak it with a western accent. Is that ok? :-)

All the best,

We are from Vancouver living in beautiful Sunny Beach.

Hej Patrick888

Hur är livet där nere ?

Beautiful sunny beach ??? You must be joking right ?

This aint Bulgaria and isn't beautifull at all. Sadly, the seaside from Varna to Achtopol became nothing else than an overbuild "Russian reservation"...

Great, we have many Russian neighbors and they're awesome.  Also, Sunny Beach is one of the most beautiful places on the planet and I've been to 21 countries last year alone.

Cheers..