Apply for Work permit during Visitor visa entry

Hello

Is it possible to get a work permit processed when a person visiting SA on visitor visa which is valid for 90 days?

In other words, can a Person be allowed to get job offer during visit on visitor visa and then apply for work permit?

Please let me know if someone has tried this option and managed to get the work permit.

if so, please provide some guidance on the necessary steps to be taken to go through the entire prcoess.

Regads
PJ

Hello fastrunner.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be helped by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Yes, this is possible. There are rumours that it will change soon and that you will have to leave the country and apply in your own country, but for now, you are allowed to apply for a permit while in South Africa on a Visitor's Visa.

Many people have tried this option and stayed in South Africa to receive the permit. Remember, you must pick up your permit once approved from the SAME place where you applied.

For this reason, the difficulty comes in when, for example, you apply for your Work Permit, and then (sometimes) wait more than 90 days for it. In that case you are still allowed to wait in South Africa for the outcome, but you cannot start working legally until you have it.

Your last question about necessary steps is far too long to answer unfortunately and I would need much more information to assist you. The main document for a Work Permit is the work contract.

Thank you for the kind respose.

I have sent a private message to you, please see if you can help more on this.

Alright, fastrunner, I await your message, but it's better to post in the forum where we can all learn from your query.