AUSTRALIA TO SENEGAL

:)  Hi i am australian - thinking of moving to Senegal - semi retirement mode - why would i do that????? Can anyone tell me the plus's of the expat life in Senegal.  Is it a real issue if my French is (zip) nil??? - what is the cost of leasing a simple but comfortable home near the beach?  Is the internet service efficient - crime and personal safety for a woman??? Cost of living?   What are medical facilities like.   I have lived in developing world SE Asia for some time so aware of
some of the differences to life in a developed country.  Also can you please tell me what the situation is with Visa requirements?
Thankyou in anticipation
AussieStar

AussieStar wrote:

:)  Hi i am australian - thinking of moving to Senegal - semi retirement mode - why would i do that?????

Excuse my cynicism, but you are either smoking some good bush, or you are totally naive....

No doubt to parade the beaches on the hunt for the local bucks to have a bit of fun with? ;):lol:

Areas of coastal Kenya and most of the Gambia are the same, packed with 50-something white female divorcees looking to squander their settlements for a bit of carnal gratification...

Have you ever visited Senegal or even Africa before? I doubt it...

West Africa is a dangerous place for Oyibos...Do yourself a big favour - go book a nice, safe 2 week package tour to Senegal and have a good think about it first.

gbrilbah > sharing on the forum would be better ;)