Working in Senegal (work visa/permit etc.)

I am considering moving to Senegal and obtaining a work visa/permit so that I can support myself (my interests are aviation and perhaps English teaching).

I was wondering what the process is in obtaining a work visa and perhaps how hard and how long such a process takes for an American?

I have a small network of Senegalese contacts (after being in Senegal in 2008) and will consider contacting them about this, but I just decided to post my question here-- because this website seems like a pretty good idea.

Thanks for your input.

I asked my family about this the other night. They all said a work permit is not needed here inorder to have a job even for Non-Senegalese. I do know you need a form signed by someone who is the head of a neighborhood saying that you are a residence. Doesnt matter how long you've been here. cost like 200 cfa  which is about 50 cents.

Hi,
You DO need a work permit to be ok over there in Senegal..
Have been working and living in Dakar for 3,5 years and believe me it's better for you to have a work permit ..
You can easily get it as soon as you have a contract with a company over there .. Copy of the contract, copy of the passport and some pictures and all arranged.. You better use local legal assistance for this .. will make it all easier for you ..

where do you obtain the work visa in senegal? I have a work contract but I do not know where to get it. I am already in Senegal on another job where my visa was arranged for me. Please help! Thanks!

my name is wunmi,i stay in lagos state

would like to come senegal dis month,but i need accomodation

Dear
I am living in Pakistan and i need information about getting work Visa for Senegal.

Welcome on board shafi_khan0175 :)

I hope the other members will help you soon!

Regards

hi
im from Sweden, ive a fiancée in Dakar, shes Nigerian. for to  apply for a permit for Sweden, she needs a permit for Senegal, weather its a residence-or a workpermit I cant say, but shes lived there for long and also worked.
I cant find any info about this. What would such a permit cost?