Planned to move to lanka :D

Myself n family have planned to settle down in sri lanka, we have visited the place 3 times and we are totally love the place, and have thought of settling down there and starting up a business. Could u guys give me the pros and cons of settling down in sri lanka and what kinds of business is good ( though visa/ language is not a problem ) and have managed to save some good amount.
PLEase give me your sincere answer as it will be highly greatfull.

regards

Hi,

Good to know that you are planning to settle down and welcome to Sri Lanka..

There are lots of businesses that you can start here and would like to know your area of competence, so that can tell whether it is profitable.

Further dont have any worries about the language, cos I can help you with it cos I am a Spoken Sinhalese teacher.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Shenal.

Hi shenalir, my name is lynette and my husband and myself would like to import possibly shoes fromm srilanka to australia but only small qauntities to start off with can you give us any information. I know that ups agencies are in srilanka to send to australia for us if we want. Be great to hear from you

Good to know that you are planning to settle down in colombo. Are you sri lankans? well just give me a few ideas of what u are looking for and i will suggest what is best.

BYE

hi mac2 n shelanir
thanks for the replies,

am thinking of opening up a small restaurant with indian/lankan/arabic dishes,  in either negombo or wattala or in some colombo areas... i want to start business from scratch and how much will it cost me in SL rupess.

Nop am not sri lankan... am an indian

awaiting for everyone's quick replies

Thanks

Well, food business will be great specially around Negombo... I know cos I am also from Negombo...

Cost may depend on the way you want the shop to be. can u give a small idea about that too..

Hi:

Having been in relocation for a long time: I think you need to first identify what you would love doing in Sri Lanka first and what you would be happy at. Then explore the opportunity for this in Sri Lanka and only move onto others if it is absolutely not feasible.

Whereas restaurants are concerned you have chosen a nice location to have a restaurant especially Arab and Indian. Whereas Arab is concerned there are many Arab Nationals relocating and doing restaurants here so you may have a little authentic competition there. But then again quality is everything. Even areas like Nawala, Battaramulla (which are considerered Colombo suburbs) really need diverse restaurants.

For costings: are you starting from scratch or looking to buy an existing outlet.

This advice has made many of our clients really happy and made living in Sri Lanka a wonderful experience.

Best of luck
Sarrah

hi i am jayantha ,looking for investment partner for tourism villa.i have nice water front land face to madampa lake (lagoon) in  ambalangoda,southern province of sri lanka,
1850  square meters
250 form  beach
87km form colombo
10 km form colombo
2 km form hikkaduwa

according to new low frorigners cannot buy property in sri lanka
for that reason you can join with me start villa or guest house in my land ,you can join with me as a share holder ,with legal agreement  if you are in sri lanka now you can visit my land

jayantha pushpakumara  lives in ambalangoda,

[email protected]

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]