Marrying a foreign national and moving in

Hi everybody,

Im a Srilankan citizen currently living in colombo,my girlfriend she is from Philippine.we are planning to get marry on september next year 2015.honestly at the beginning i had so much questions and doubts but thanks for all the people here i learned all the necessary procedures for the marriage,but guys i still have one thing to be cleared, our plan is to get marry in srilanka and live here until our visa processing to Canada get confirmed, so my question is its possible to get dual citizenship for me and my children in the future???...

Thank you guys im hoping to clear thAt out too....

Majacool wrote:

Hi everybody,

Im a Srilankan citizen currently living in colombo,my girlfriend she is from Philippine.we are planning to get marry on september next year 2015.honestly at the beginning i had so much questions and doubts but thanks for all the people here i learned all the necessary procedures for the marriage,but guys i still have one thing to be cleared, our plan is to get marry in srilanka and live here until our visa processing to Canada get confirmed, so my question is its possible to get dual citizenship for me and my children in the future???...

Thank you guys im hoping to clear thAt out too....

Welcome to the forum
I suggest you contact the respective Embassies to see if this is possible. Check with Sri Lankan authorities to see if this is allowed. Some countries do not allow dual citizenship