Visa Extension....

Hi... I'm sure this has been surely covered here before however I can't find it...my apologies if it has been.

I have no experience with visa extensions in Vietnam... so if someone could be so kind as to direct me... I would be greatly indebted...

I'm currently on a 30 day visitors visa... I would like to extend it to 3 months... when I went to immigration today, they handed me a form to be filled out by my hotel and told to have it stamped by a police station. They said they would only give me a extension of 30 days...then I have to leave...

I am not working...I have no intentions of working here...I just want to stay in Vietnam.

So how does one go about obtaining this 3 month visa without working?

Almost every travel agent will be able and happy assisting you. There fore for sure plenty of it around and if you explain that right to your hotel, they should also be able to handle that. Additional 3 month stay is a lot of money for a hotel

You can go to some travel agent at Pham Ngu Lao district
They can help you, but the cost will be high

$90 is a right price now. :)
In fact, my boss paid $95 for 3 months multi entries
Cheers

How many times can a 3 months visa be extended?

felicitas.89 wrote:

$90 is a right price now.
In fact, my boss paid $95 for 3 months multi entries

The rate charged by trusted agents is under USD$80, as of 2 weeks ago.

hi im comming to vietnam - hcmc at the very beginning of march. at the vietnamese embassy in beijing they gave me visa only for 1 month so i really have to extend it when i arrive to saigon. therefore i d like to ask where did you find the agency to extend visa for 3 month? please help!!

read this one first
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=46856

Since you most likely don't have a sponsor to extend, you should go to some of the travel agencies in the backpacker area. They'll help you for a fee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pham_Ngu_Lao_Street

Otherwise, do a search in this forum. There have been frequent questions about this, and I don't want to retype the answers.

thank you.

i have read many info at the blog. now i think it could have been better to get visa on arrival ...

i just got mine extended

Flo-vn wrote:

How many times can a 3 months visa be extended?

You can extend your 3 months visa for 2 time

I know visa rules are constantly changing but all the google results on Vietnam visa extensions say you can only extend 1 time and must leave the country every 6 months   it also says this on trip advisor    I already got my first 3 month extension and everyone I have asked locally are telling me you can extend 2 times   sometimes even 3 times with the right agent    however everything on the internet says 1 time      so which one is it?

natgeo456 wrote:

I know visa rules are constantly changing but all the google results on Vietnam visa extensions say you can only extend 1 time and must leave the country every 6 months   it also says this on trip advisor    I already got my first 3 month extension and everyone I have asked locally are telling me you can extend 2 times   sometimes even 3 times with the right agent    however everything on the internet says 1 time      so which one is it?

You will find out in time, who is right in your case.

l3ully wrote:

You will find out in time, who is right in your case.

That still doesn't help me,  since rules change has anyone recently maybe the last week or month successfully extended there 3 month visa a second time?

You should contact with Vietnam Embassy or some travel agents that you think you can trust for more information. My suggest: vietnam-visa.com, myvietnamvisa.com, or even us: vietnamvisaexpress.com

natgeo456 the rules don't change, only the selective enforcement from time to time. My suggestion would be to go back to the folks you got the first extension from and check with them.