Hi everyone

Im an OR/RR Nurse who is planning to work in saudi Arabia.. There is an agency who offered me to to work in Tabuk Saudi Arabia for 2500sr. The name of the hospital is Prince Fahad.. pls i need some advise if i should pursue the offer or not.. Thanks a lot. :)

Hi anna_may !

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Dear,
the salary you being offered is too low. You should atleast look for double salary.
Wish you best of luck...

Ehtesham wrote:

Dear,
the salary you being offered is too low. You should atleast look for double salary.
Wish you best of luck...

I know Filipina nurses in Riyadh who aren't making much more, and they've worked in the same place for years.

y choose to stay if there is something better out there? maybe they're receiving a good benefits.. maybe?

anna_may wrote:

y choose to stay if there is something better out there? maybe they're receiving a good benefits.. maybe?

I think one reason is they got comfortable.  But keep looking around and see if you can do better!  And remember, you get not only the salary (tax free!)n but also housing, health benefits, paid vacation, ticket home once a year, etc.

Thanks Allie.. Im still thinking about working there.. Thanks for all the info.. it helped a lot :)

make sure there isnt a curfew, restrictions on going out etc etc etc there as well

a few places i know have them

SR 2,500 a month?! Really? Wow, I feel ashamed at how much I get :(

Y? are u a nurse too? can i ask how much do you make? if it is ok..

curfew doesn't matter to me freshlikesushi. I am a law abiding citizen.. :)

tonguetwister wrote:

SR 2,500 a month?! Really? Wow, I feel ashamed at how much I get :(

cleaners at my work make more than that

I'm happy for you freshlikesushi..  still i love my job despite of having a low paid salary. :)

anna_may wrote:

yeah, but if you want to go out, and have to be home by 8....life really sucks

Freshlikesushi wrote:
anna_may wrote:

yeah, but if you want to go out, and have to be home by 8....life really sucks

as far as i know, it is very strict for females there.. am i right? and nurses work in diff shifts so we rarely have time to go out. :)

you would be EXTREMELY surprised. i know plenty of nurses, and they have plenty of time to have fun, and do.

you will see.

Really? Im thrilled to know that thing.. sounds good.. :)

haha, i like your optimism anna :)

as probably you have heard, this is going to me a mixed bag for you, you will find the good and the bad.
Tabuk is a bit preserved city, you might find it a bit more difficult their. less expatriates, not so many things you can do, but definitely it will be a different experience!!

you can try to negotiate your terms with the employer, and come up to a higher figure, but as Alliecat said, thats around the average every other nurse is making..

Thanks for all the info guys! :)

anna_may wrote:

I'm happy for you freshlikesushi..  still i love my job despite of having a low paid salary. :)

I like your comment :)

I hope you get better salary than that.. :)

pkmusd wrote:
anna_may wrote:

I like your comment :)

I hope you get better salary than that.. :)

Thanks. :)

anna_may wrote:

Im an OR/RR Nurse who is planning to work in saudi Arabia.. There is an agency who offered me to to work in Tabuk Saudi Arabia for 2500sr. The name of the hospital is Prince Fahad.. pls i need some advise if i should pursue the offer or not.. Thanks a lot. :)

Dear Sis, It'll be a lot better trying for Riyadh or Jeddah at least...just keep searching... ;)

Y you say so? why better in riyadh or jeddah? Thanks. :)

Bigger cities aren't as conservative and there's more to do.