Anyone work in the Geosynthetics industry in and around Dubai?

Hi there,
  just recently my other half was offered a positon working as a Geosynthetics Sales Director in Saudi (Jubail), but having given it lots of thought he has declined the offer mostly on the strength that myself and our 2 children would be forced to live on a residential compound and for many other reasons... it certainly wasnt the salary...lol. So he is now looking to chase up previous job offers in Dubai or look for any available positions within the Geosynthetics industry (Sales Director positions).
   So i was wondering if any of you very lovely kind people would know of any positions available in the said industry or know anybody who would know...any information would be great.

Also any information about the best areas to live in and around Dubai would be fantatsic, especially areas with lots of English expats, also schools would be very important as our two children are 8 and 2.

Thank you for your time.
Kelly. :):)

Hello Kelly.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I invite you to read these articles on Work/Labor market in United Arab Emirates.

You can post an advert in the Jobs in Dubai section as well. It can be useful.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Rugbykelly1982 wrote:

Also any information about the best areas to live in and around Dubai would be fantatsic, especially areas with lots of English expats, also schools would be very important as our two children are 8 and 2.

Hi Kelly,

Mirdif is a very nice area with a great British expat community.

Check out this website which you may find of use accommodation wise and there are schools within five minutes from this area too :)http://dubaipropertiesgroup.ae/en/prope … ooq-Mirdif

Good luck!

Geosynthetics is a fairly competitive industry in UAE.  There are a few agencies who represent different manufacturers in GCC as well as other countries.  Construction has been slowed down in UAE due to recession, now there is some signs of recovery.  Hopefully your man will have a chance to shine here.  But I suggest take it slowly and patiently, and not jump into a blind alley.  Good luck!

Geosynthetics is a fairly competitive industry in UAE.  There are a few agencies who represent different manufacturers in GCC as well as other countries.  Construction has been slowed down in UAE due to recession, now there is some signs of recovery.  Hopefully your man will have a chance to shine here.  But I suggest take it slowly and patiently, and not jump into a blind alley.  Good luck!