Help me enjoy my stay in Chennai

Hi folks,
I will stay in Chennai for the next 6 months.
I am from Italy and I am here with other job colleagues but they don't seem so eager to know and explore this place so....  I'd like to meet other people. I mean foreign people and indian people obviously so that I can enjoy my stay in Chennai the best way...

Contact me!

6 months is good time to enjoy and go around...

Where are you put up in Chennai...Besant Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur and idealistic places to stay...lots of places to go around

Beaches, pubs, Pondy, Mahabalipuram, Covalam, Yelagiri, bangalore is just <6 hours drive..

drop me a line if you need any assistance...

Cheers,

Well.....  It is not the same as being in Rome, Florence, Milan Sicily.......  OK it is about as hot as Sicily.

Your location is critical.  The transport is frustrating to the point that you will pretty much live in a 10 km radius.  Everything else is a special trip so Santosh is right about asking the location.

You can see most of the tourist stuff in Chennai in a weekend, so be prepared to travel.  Ever widening circles.  Start with Mahabilipuram and Pondicherry, then look at Bangalore, Mysore, Kerela, Goa.

Do not forget the international opportunites, you can fly to Bangkok for less than flying to Mumbai.  Colombo is an hour away with lots of really cheap flights.  Singapore and Kuala Lumpur are also cheap and easy.  (Air Asia, Tiger Air)

Join: Internations Chennai  plenty of expats to meet. http://www.internations.org/chennai-expats