Expat in need of help

Hi, I am an expat currently living in Bulgaria but I have lived in Canada and America as well.

I am an online travel writer and I need a little help from expats in Barbados.

I do require some help and I just want to assure you this isn't spam.

As I write about destinations around the world, I some times get questions from travelers who are going to visit Barbados.

I am looking for any helpful expats in Barbados who might like to help me answer questions such as where should I eat, who offers scuba and are there any expat's offering tourism services etc.

If anyone would like to help please get in touch with me, I may even be able to arrange a little reward for any help you offer.

Michael Brown

Hello Michael Brown.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Do not hesitate to ask your questions so that other members can help you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

You can email me and I will try to be helpful.  I am an expat living here in Barbados for 3+ years (and I scuba)

West side scuba I dive with, give  them a call - trudy

Hi, I am an expat in Barbados. Please feel free to contact me

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Maria Legall

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls]

Hi are you still involved with your adventure?

Hello! Not sure if you still need some help, or if I know enough to BE of any help... But I moved to Barbados a year and a half ago, anD if I can be of any help, let me know!

Hi BajanCanuck

I'm Andy, another Canadian making the move to BIM. I've done all the research, I have all the details I need to make the move but I'm curious about your immigration status. Did you guys apply for the extension of stay visa? If so, how long did they give you? Being Canadian, I believe we can stay in the country for 6 months as a tourist, I was considering going back home to Toronto every six months or applying for the extension of stay... Do you mind if I asked what you guys did?

Are you still there?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Andy,

BajanCanuck hasn't been active for years now. You probably won't get any response from her.
I suggest that you create your own topic so that you might receive some up to date information.

All the best,
Bhavna

Going back and forth every 6 months should not be a problem. You might get 3 months at the airport, when you come in, but you can go down to the Immigration office in the careenage and get the other 3 month extension for about $100 BDS. Immigration will ask for all the documents, income, healthcare and such to determine basic eligibility. Owning a house makes the coming and going every 6 months easier, but I do not know if it is required. Immigration is the same everywhere, they always want another document that you didn't know about or have. I am speaking in terms of retired. If you want to come and work, that is much more difficult.

Thanks Fletchh

Hi, I'm retired, single woman looking for a 4/5 star property that I may rent on monthly bases.  I'm hoping to relocate and be a part of the Expat community.  I'm up for this new adventure in my life.  So any info on property rentals please let me know.