Motorcycle enthusiasts - local SaiGon Clubs

Ace Mtsg
These riders call themselves “an open team for all big bike riders who love big bikes”.

Formed in 2005 the group has about 20 regular members who meet every Sunday at 10.00H at 45 Dinh Tien Hoang, Q1. Anyone with a passion for motorcycles is welcome to join them and hang out, whether or not they own a bike.

To be eligible for their trips you need at least a 750cc motorbike. Previous excursions include Nha Trang and Phan Thiet, as well as some longer trips to Thailand and Cambodia.

Check them out at www.ttvnol.com/garage (Vietnamese only) or [email protected] for more details. Facebook group: Ace Mtsg

HOG SaiGon
Started in 2008, this is  for owners of Harley Davidson motorcycles. The group has over 40 members who meet every Sunday morning at L'An Mien Cafe, 76 Le Lai, Q1.

Every three months they take a big road trip, previous rides have been to Sa Pa, Da Nang and Da Lat. They have also done international trips to Thailand, Laos and Cambodia, with plans for a journey to Singapore in the pipeline.

HOG Saigon welcomes new members and has both local and foreign riders among them. A US$25 fee is charged to join.
For full details, check out www.hogsaigon.com. They also have a head office at E30 Nguyen Oanh, Go Vap. Tel: 3984 6461.

SaiGon CycLes
At 06.00H, every Sunday, they set off from their club house at 51/1 Sky Garden 2, Q7. Trips vary from 40km to 80km riding from the southeast of the city out to the southwest.

Organiser Rod Skeggs has experience of around 1,400km of roads and trails, so the group tries to take a different route each week and get out into the countryside. There is a core group of around 25 riders but the number on any given trip varies.

Those interested can pop into the shop, visit  www.goldenrosetrading.com or call 5410 3114.

VietAdventure
Each Sunday morning, Jean-Luc Voisin, who's been knocking about the rough Vietnamese tracks for 10 years, takes groups of motorcyclists out to Dong Nai Province for a weekly 60km bike tour. The bike aficionados meet at 06.00H in front of An Phu Supermarket and drive to the rubber tree plantations where the ride begins.

Riding along single tracks, off-road tracks, these hard-core bikers zoom through rice field paddies and across muddy waters for a little refreshment. Four hours biking makes the team ready to enjoy a well-deserved Sunday roast. Many nationalities meet to take the trip.

Check out www.vietadventure.vn to get involved or visit 150 D2 Street, Binh Thanh Tel: 3512 9974

Hello Jaitch.

I invite you to recommend these riders into the Saigon Business directory. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I know there is a bikie club called "Saigon Exile" ...

AurélieZ wrote:

I invite you to recommend these riders into the Saigon Business directory[/url].
Aurélie

If you had a quick upload facility would be happy but filling out all of those cute little boxes ....

The URL was wrong, BTW. < https://www.expat.com/en/business/asia/ … minh-city/ >

I thought you guys were going to combine TP HCM and SaiGon. SaiGon only refers, technically, to Quan 1 area and no one, for example, living in Quan Cu Chi would dream of saying they lived in SaiGon.

Like Queens is to New York, Downsview is to Toronto or St Germain des Prés is to Paris.

very useful infomations! Thanks

Jaitch, that's really good information. I didn't know that all the  buses and Vans running all over Vietnam that said Saigon as the destination on them only went to Quan 1 in Saigon.

Jaitch wrote:

Ace Mtsg
These riders call themselves “an open team for all big bike riders who love big bikes”.
To be eligible for their trips you need at least a 750cc motorbike. Previous excursions include Nha Trang and Phan Thiet, as well as some longer trips to Thailand and Cambodia.
( Note 1 below )

HOG SaiGon
Started in 2008, this is  for owners of Harley Davidson motorcycles. The group has over 40 members who meet every Sunday morning at L'An Mien Cafe, 76 Le Lai, Q1.

Every three months they take a big road trip, previous rides have been to Sa Pa, Da Nang and Da Lat. They have also done international trips to Thailand, Laos and Cambodia, with plans for a journey to Singapore in the pipeline.
( Note 2 below )

SaiGon CycLes
At 06.00H, every Sunday, they set off from their club house at 51/1 Sky Garden 2, Q7www.goldenrosetrading.com or call 5410 3114.

VietAdventure
Check out www.vietadventure.vn to get involved or visit 150 D2 Street, Binh Thanh Tel: 3512 9974

# 1 - So not much use to the 'average' expat with a smaller engined (up to 185cc) bike. And my touring bike, Honda ST1100-P, is back in Western Oz. It's size and weight would make it a complete nightmare to try and ride around in Sai Gon, or any other VN city, anyway.  :-(

# 2 - Again, good and useful information IF you happen to own a H-D in VN, if not then - - - - - ;-(

Not sure about these last two sites - don't know if I Googled the correct sites up or not.
Both appear to be for pedal powered bikes - not motorbikes.

Just saying - not complaining.

Are there any clubs / groups that cater for the rest of us ?  ( with 'ROAD ONLY' types of bikes - not off-road machines )
I'd like to be able to see a few places outside of the Sai Gon city limits.  My sweet, darling VN partner said - " NO WAY ! TOO DANGEROUS ! "  :-(

I regularly ride with Ace on a 600cc bike they don't discriminate that much. they don't like smaller bikes than that though.

#2 I've seen them riding around they have some nice looking bikes if you like hogs :)

Flip, there are a few other bike clubs around that cater for smaller bikes, there is a Vespa club and a more casual any bike club. Take a look on FB they are easy enough to find :)

There are more bike clubs that listed above, as each district has it's own big bike club, I've had the pleasure to ride with a fair few of them. Sadly my contact for the details is on holiday. Let me know if you can't find the details and I'll give him a shout when he gets back.