Finding a job as an engineer in UK/IRL

Hello everybody,

Does anybody has any clues for a desparate person who's looking for a new challenge in engineering branches ?

I am not in UK now and during internet search it came out that many good sites have a registration form with adress only valid for UK. that means I cannot register if I am not a resident / having british adress.

I am really seeking for some jobs in electrical automation engineering in any kind of branch (industrial, pwoer/energy, etc..., as draughtsman) but till now it without any positive results.

I am really considering taking 2 or 3 weeks holiday from my job in my county (central Europe), taking my car, taking some copies of my CV and going to UK/IRL on my own, staying there 1-2 weeks and trying to visit as many recruit agencies as possible. Is this true that not all job offers are put on internet and some of them are only written on paper in agencies ?

What do you think of this idea ? Is it really possible to find faster engineering job in that way ?

I am sick of receiving only feedback from recruiters from WestEurope who are asking for my CV + salary expectations without providing any job specs., duties !!!! or testing my technical skills/knowledge. this is very disappointing for me. and that's capitalism (they are willing to find the cheapest one person...)

I have a suspicious feeling that all companies/recruiters are treating people form outside of UK/WestUE as a BIG ZEROS.

Hello popocatepetle. :)

I invite you to read these articles on Work in England.

The Jobs in England section is at your disposal. Do not hesitate to post an advert there. It could help. :)

Good luck,
Aurélie