Where are people finding LPP forms from.....It's a nightmare!

Hi everyone, just one question.....for anyone applying for an LPP from the UK, I'd lovd to know where you are finding the forms from to complete? I have form B1-1738 and the only box to tick is Relatives Permit, it does not state anywhere Life Partner Permit!?
I will be moving to SA with my South African boyfriend of 4 years with the intention of setting up my own business but you can't get a business endorsement on a Relatives permit which is why I wanted a LPP.
With regard to paperwork that is required proving relationship I have a notorised 'Affidavit By Life Partners' Annexure B and copies of our lease agreement and joint bank account statements. Is that sufficient? I read on a previous page about a cohabitation agreement.....what is it?
Anyway, I really hope someone is able to help.....been trying to ring SA consulate in London for 7 days and no answer!?
Thanks guys!

Hello moo72.

In meantime, you can read these articles on Visas in South Africa. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

The best thing is to contact the consulate and get them to send you the forms, some (medical and radiology) you can get online, others not. Stupid question, are you sure you are ringing the right number?? When I call the consulate in CPH there is never a problem, and they are always very sweet and helpful.

I applied for a LPP but ended up with a visa called relatives permit, really I think it is a lot of names for the same thing. I can apply for a work/study/business endorsement for my visa at any time.

I have never heard about Cohabitation agreement, (maybe it is for people who does not have proof of cohabitation) but the lease agreement and joint bank account is sufficient.

Good Luck to you,

Sarah

Hi there,

I am going through the same process to live with my South African
boyfriend. It is my understaning from the General Consulate and an immigration office that there is NO form for a LLP. You simply use the form you have and cross out relative's and write in
'life partner permit' .This process has been fairly straightforward and I am told
quite efficently since I am filing in US instead of in South Africa.
I would like to understand a little more on running your own biz under this visa, but
I am sure it isn't any further complex than dealing with a work endorsement attached to LLP.
Hope that helps!