Looking for House to rent in the Netherlands

Hello,
I finally made my dream come true (moved in the Netherlands about a week ago) but things are not that dreamy from here. I am now living as a guest in a relative's house but I need to find my own home the soonest possible.
I am trying to find a house or at least an apartment using websites but this procedure is very disappointing, because Makelaars ask to much money for fees, and in other sites where you are supposed to contact owners directly there is a lot of scum going on, and the whole finding home thing is kind of hard. Also the rent prices are too high...
I would like to hear your advice, about finding a home. What to do, where to look, for cheap and descent accommodation.
I want a detached house in a quiet neighborhood, outside Amsterdam, not further than 25Km from the city, but maybe I can go further if I dont find something closer. If a detached house is not possible then I should go for an apartment.
If you have anything to say to help me please do so, because I am kind of desperate already. If you know someone that want to let his house, please tell me.
Thank you so much.
Giannis

My apartment is for rent from 1/11/2009-28/02/2010. If you rent it, you have 3 months to find a permanent place. My apartment is near the city center of Amsterdam.

Dear Giannis,

It all depends on what your budget is.

A nice apartment within the ringroad A10 strats at 1000,-to 1200,- excl utilities 1 bedroom.

If you know any people to share an apartment with your renting power grows and you will be able to rent nice apartments with 2-3 bedrooms at 650,- a pop excl utilities. Furnished or unfurnished really doesn't matter in price. Most of the apartments are furnished though because most owners prefer expats as renters so they know their tenants will leave again.

giannis666 wrote:

Hello,
I finally made my dream come true (moved in the Netherlands about a week ago) but things are not that dreamy from here. I am now living as a guest in a relative's house but I need to find my own home the soonest possible.
I am trying to find a house or at least an apartment using websites but this procedure is very disappointing, because Makelaars ask to much money for fees, and in other sites where you are supposed to contact owners directly there is a lot of scum going on, and the whole finding home thing is kind of hard. Also the rent prices are too high...
I would like to hear your advice, about finding a home. What to do, where to look, for cheap and descent accommodation.
I want a detached house in a quiet neighborhood, outside Amsterdam, not further than 25Km from the city, but maybe I can go further if I dont find something closer. If a detached house is not possible then I should go for an apartment.
If you have anything to say to help me please do so, because I am kind of desperate already. If you know someone that want to let his house, please tell me.
Thank you so much.

Geia sou Gianni,me lene vangeli,meno ollandia 13 xronia exo agorasei spiti(diamerisma)sto zoetermeer edo kai dyo xronia kai thelo na katevo na meino ellada,kai thelo na pouleiso to spiti mou i na to enoikeiaso an akoma endiaferesai gia enoikeiasma tha xairomouna na akouso nea sou.

Vangelis
Giannis