Temporary Residence for MERCOSUR citizens

Hey, everybody.
Maybe somebody knows or can ask somebody about temporary residence for MERCOSUR citizens. Many South American countries, like Argentina, have laws in place to allow other South American countries' citizens an easy way to residence (no criminal record being the only requirement). I was wondering if Chile has the same. Yes, I looked at the Extranjeria web site, but wanted someone to share a first hand experience, specifically: can Ecuadorian citizens receive residencia temporal for being MERCOSUR citizens.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers

am sure you could easily get 6 months here with no problem

90 days + 90 days you mean? Thanks but I'd need temp or permanent stay with rights to work/business etc.

3lckr
If you are Ecuador, this type of visa allows you to obtain resident status, but you have to come to Chile in person to ask that kind of visa is not available at the consulate of Chile.
Arriving in Chile ask the visa if you are awarded, they take 3 months to grant it.
You can not go to Chile come to saying that the visa request because international police is not going to let go, the only reason it is jutificable is to enter as a tourist
Finally, excuse my curiosity, but if you are Ecuador, for questions in English?