Tourism business in costa

i am french and in the way to change my life, 2010 , one year to find my new "Home".
Would like to start a new business , hotels, bungalows, etc etc.
is the realestate supposed to be very expansive in costa? a friend of mine, back to france told me that it is not worth to start something there, too expansive, bad health care,
do u know any costa firm avalaible for giving any advice about that?

Hi:

We will be more than glad to help, please visit costaricaabc.com

Very best

Hi. I am in CR at the moment... we've been here about 2 months... my limited experience so far is that property is rather expensive... and there are a lot of businesses and homes for sale right now... I guess compared to an ocean front property in the USA, here is cheaper, but not by what one would hope.

good luck in your search!

Hola. I have lived in Costa Rica for two years. I have not purchased real estate so I can't help you there, but I can tell you that Costa Rica has an excellent health care system.

bonjour,pour les francais interesses par un projet de vie au costa rica autour du tourisme, je pars la bas en fin fevrier debut mars. je suis dispo pour vous aider a rassembler des infos pour vous. n'hesitez pas a ecrire sur ce blog et me dire precisement quelle est votre recherche, au besoin , je vous renvoie sur ma boite mail : [email protected]

Hello Alankean,

I have some answers that may get you started in your quest to find a place to live and do business here in Costa Rica.

I do not own a business so all of my knowledge comes from my observations and traveling within Costa Rica.

There are many small hotels and lodges run by foreigners here. If you intend to provide a service to foreigners only, then you have a rough road to follow.  Why? Your business will need to be located where foreigners travel and visit.  The most visited places that attract foreigners already have many hotels available to them.  It is in these places that property is very expensive just because foreigners are buying there. Yes, there is a price the Ticos pay and a much higher price that a foreigner will have to pay. You must understand that Ticos will not pay for a hotel room that is expensive as a gringo would. Buying property is a thing where something called the "Gringo Price" comes into play, which is at least three times higher, or more.  One example
You will need to travel around this country to see for yourself where you may want to set up a business.  You will need to live in that place for at least 6 months to see if your understanding of the area is what you first thought it was.

And last of all, (and I can't stress how important this is, but) never believe that another gringo will treat you fairly or honestly just because you may believe what he, or she, says about the value of anything here.  If they are trying to sell you their property, then demand that you see the legal papers they have from buying that very same property!  It is at this point that you will see a big change in their attitude toward you.  Just watch their face when you ask them that question!  Do not believe that property values are always on the rise here!  They are not!

You need to come here and see this place for yourself.  You will need to live here in order to understand what you are getting into, especially a business proposition.  I have lived here 5 years and if I did have any big money to spend it would not be spent on property here.  I rent small Tico houses here to live in.  At present I am paying $170 USD per month for a cheap Tico house without a complete kitchen in it and using my own furniture.

This is a primarily a Catholic believing society. Which is always surprising when you discover that the greatest amount of visitors come here to the capital city for the Gambling and cheap prostitutes!  The others come here to enjoy the nature of the place and the beautiful beaches.  Its a shame that most of those beautiful beaches lay along the waters that are unsafe for humans to enter!

As you are now aware, I am one gringo that doesn't buy into the "Paradise" theme here.  I am considering moving to Panama or Belize to finish out the rest of my life as I no longer want to put up with the "culture" here!

Best of luck in your search for a nice life,

Del Knowlton