LPP - apply in UK or SA??

Does anyone have any advice on whether to apply for LPP in the UK before moving or in SA after moving over (whilst on a 90 visa)?
Any help and advice greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks

Hi.

I would advise you to apply for the LPP in the UK, it takes a vary looooong time in SA, Mine took 10 months to be processed, that is not including the 12 weeks I waited for the police clearance. All in all it took me more than a year, mind you a year where I was not allowed to work, study or conduct business. Also travelling in and out of the country was difficult.

Also rumours are that you are not allowed to apply for a LPP while on a holiday visa. (I would verify those rumours, they are a bit old)

Good luck with everything.

Sarah

Hi, I would also advise you to apply in UK. I applied in SA (because couldn't apply from Poland) - mine took over 9 month to be processed, and while travelling abroad and back, every time I had to show the confirmation of application with DHA stamp and explain things in details on the border...
I'm sure in UK it won't take that long.

Good luck!
Magda

I am now applying for my LPP from the US. I discussed applying with South African immigration company who told me that with the massive back log at Home Affairs it could take months from the ZA side. In fact, when I left South Africa earlier this month the status on my current visitor visa extension was still pending! It was submitted back in January for another 90 day extension.

My partner and I also considered enlisting the help of an immigration company, but given cost and long time estimates, I flew back to the US. I am submitting at my nearest South African Consulate.
Already my partner and I have gathered most of the paperwork necessary and it seems simple enough to submit yourself as long as you submit from your country of origin.

Nice to hear other people's thoughts on a topic we are also navigating!

My husbands finally came through some 8 months later and that was with an immigration company and us following up weekly.A friend of ours recently brought his wife and child over applying in their home country and it took less than 3 weeks.

The backlog here is huge I know off people waiting for 2 years already!