Transportation between Rio de Janeiro / Buzios / Macae

What are the options for getting between Rio, Buzios and Macae?

I understand there is a bus. Does anyone know where I can get information on it online including how much it costs and the schedule?

I guess the other option is to hire a taxi.

http://www.autoviacao1001.com.br/

The cheapest is by bus. See the operator's site

From a former Vancouverite, you should find everything you need by clicking on the hyerlink below for Autoviação 1001. They have service between Buzios and Macaé as well as Buzios to Rio. I am moving to Macaé in two weeks. Look me up if you get there. Send me a private message.

http://www.autoviacao1001.com.br/pt/

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Thanks very much to everyone who replied.

HI

if you arrive to Rio airport, there are 2 or 3 companies that make the transfer till your hotel in Buzios

It cost around 70 Rls

From Buzios to Macae, there are some local buses as well, but it is a little bit more complicated because you must make 2 stops

if I can help you in anything, I live in Buzios

Bruno

Thanks again for the help. I used the Auto Viação 1001. Had a great time in Buzios, despite the rain.

Hi,  I'm from Gabriola Island and work for Transocean in Macae on a rotating basis.  I speak virtually no Portuguese and have a hard time doing anything other than walking on the beach or eating in restaraunts on the beach.  I see you live in Macae now?  I'd enjoy meeting another Canuck.  My email is [email protected].

Hi Captain Canuck,

First of all welcome to Brazil and to Expat-blog. Nice to know that there's a fellow BCer here in Macaé. I'd love to get together with you sometime. Since I'm both and English and Portuguese teacher perhaps we can do something about your battle with the Portuguese language.

Just a bit of advice, try not to post your e-mail address in open forums or you will find your inbox might start getting filled up by the numerous spam engines that are out there. Passing your e-mail address in private messages is much safer.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team