Please help good fellas!

hey everyone!

I'm a new member and glad to be between you XD
I have some questions and I'll be grateful if you would help

I have just finished medicine, and my husband has received a job offer in Saudi Arabia. He'll be leaving soon inshallah and I'll join him as soon as he gets his iqama. So I was wondering if I can apply for residency there ( for a medical specialty) and how to do it? if I have the right to join university there and how much does it cost? specially that my visa won't be for work or studying, and if not do I have the right to work? even if I think I won't get much offers because I don't have any experience.

please help me and my career.. I didn't study medicine to stay at home :((

thank you very much!

Hi there,

You should wait for my friend TLL for expect a correct answer !

Come on buddy! show up Please :rolleyes:

:lol: Thanks Abu_Adel. Though I got late in responsing... Apologies.

@Alstroemeria,
I presume by 'medicine' you mean pharmacy things right?

See there are 2 things. Being on Iqama (as you've planned) means dependent visa under which it's NOT allowed to work legally. Though I refrain from advising so, this is quite a norm here that housewives are doing jobs being on a dependent visa. [;) Actually will be good for you as you may resign anytime without going into the hospital/govt procedures].

To work as a pharmacist, you have to pass an exam from Ministry of health. You get a certificate and then you are good to go with your job hunt.

Second Thing: let me simplify other questions by giving example of my sis-in-law. She has a student iqama (again, a dependent visa not allowed to work). A fresh pharmacist; no past experience. Took exam, cleared and got the certificate. Now working in one of most respected hospitals of KSA.

Keep the hopes up.... :cheers:

Thank you so much TheLegendLeads for your response!

But actually I'm not a pharmasist, I'm a doctor. and I wish to do a specialty ( neurologist, pediatrician or so.. ) after 7 years of general medicine what we do here is pass an exam, which allows us to be residents in a medical/ surgical specialty for another four or five years. it's a worker/ student status. so I dunno if I'm allowed to do that on a dependent iquama. If so, should I apply for a student visa independant from my husband's?

Thanks again ;)

@Alstroemeria: Again @TLL will be much more of a help here, But I ll try and get you some pointers.

1. You will have to start searching for the teaching hospital right now, so that you will be able to get all the information that you would require before hand.

2. Though Saudi Arabia does have some outstandng hospitals, I have not heard the best about the colleges here, except for some of their technical universities.

Thank you RedGoblin, I think you are right I should be searching.. I know they aren't the best of colleges but I don't really have the choice, Family always comes first !