Close

Philippines Stopping Filipinas from Leaving As A Tourist?

GOOD MORNING.....WHILE I WAS TEACHING IN THAILAND I HAD MY 18 YR OLD FILIPINA GF FLY OVER TO BANGKOK...SHE HAD TO SHOW MY SCHOOL CONTRACT AND HER TRAVEL MONEY...NOW SHE HAS BEEN  TO THAILAND 3 TIMES....I AM NOW WORKING IN INDIA AND SHE WAS HERE FOR 5 MONTHS AND WILL COME BACK IN APRIL....JOE

Hello Joe,

Could you please avoid using caps lock on the forum.

Christopher
Expat.com

JOE CLOUGH :

GOOD MORNING.....WHILE I WAS TEACHING IN THAILAND I HAD MY 18 YR OLD FILIPINA GF FLY OVER TO BANGKOK...SHE HAD TO SHOW MY SCHOOL CONTRACT AND HER TRAVEL MONEY...NOW SHE HAS BEEN  TO THAILAND 3 TIMES....I AM NOW WORKING IN INDIA AND SHE WAS HERE FOR 5 MONTHS AND WILL COME BACK IN APRIL....JOE

You're 74, she's 23 and you've been together 7 years (From your previous posts).
That's 67 and 16.

http://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.ph … =2#2419848

Last year you said

"Yes, so true with all the scamers here in the Philippines....I hire a schoolgirl to be my maid and paid her 20 peso a day...That was 5 years ago and now she is my gf.."

and

Yes..she is 21 yrs old...Please do not worry

Perhaps I could encourage you to stop mentioning such things as it makes you look rather odd.
If I had a relationship with a schoolgirl, and I have no plans to do so, I'd keep it quiet; very, very quiet.

Hi there, i think you will do just fine, a proof of work here in our country is one great factor.

Hi all ,
Please eliminate this Joe from the forum ....
Yes yes we all like Young girls , no problem ..... but i agree fred ...
i feel shame , school girl is not young girl !

Hi anyone can help me here? I am a Filipina US embassy approved my visa (spouse visa) do I get question in Manila immigration? Is it possible for them to stop me going to us?

Many thanks,

Well, Trump will be the official president tomorrow, and he does not seem to like foreigners... So everything is possible from tomorrow on ! Be ready for all kind of problems even if you have the proper documentation...

One need not be fearful if one has the proper documentation.  If one can board the plane in the Philippines then there should be no problem in the USA.

Choicie :

Hi anyone can help me here? I am a Filipina US embassy approved my visa (spouse visa) do I get question in Manila immigration? Is it possible for them to stop me going to us?

Many thanks,

If you jumped through all the hoops, physical, background checks, then you should be ready to go.  I am curious, how long did it take from the day your husband applied until the day it was approved?

True
Just happened to my GF on 03-11-2017
Going to Bangkok from Manila
travelling with a female friend 
She met all the requirements :

Passport
Round trip tickets
Sufficient money to sustain herself (proof in hand)

++++
She had to show pictures of me, us
Our private conversations on her phone and I Pad
Still not enough
They asked her to show my airplane ticket to meet her in Bangkok (which i did not have at the moment)
I had to purchase in panic mode, without knowing if the dates suited me, a round trip ticket
All that happening at the interrogation desk of immigration while the plane was waiting for her to board.
By the time i send via email my ticket to her, the officer in charged who asked to view proof of my ticket left.
And that after already sending back 3 Pinoy women home.

The only remaining person left there from immigration would not be satisfied with the documents.
He kept saying he did not have the authority to make that call .
She had to be persistant, insisting but still be polite, saying : "excuse me, excuse me, why can't i board my plane ? I satisfy all your requirements" .
She then text me" I can't board, they will not let me true, so i am going to get my ticket and my (Pinoy ONLY travel tax) refunded" and get my luggage back from the plane.

But she would not take no for an answer.
After she told me : "I could not see myself anywhere but on that plane" 
After many attempt he finally gave in, stamped her passport
Then he told her to hurry up to run to the plane

For me a Canadian, this is unacceptable what a humiliation experience : to be refuse to board for no valid reason.

By the way most, if not all, Phillipina can not go anywhere but in Asia and that is if they do not refuse them the right to board in the first place.

Good thing i was not there, i would of lost it.
Cause i am all about equality, respect and freedom

By the way I only made a profile here to reply to this post

Peace too all

Rich

The Philippines is a country, that most other countries want an approved visitors visa - as the countries they are headed to.... do not trust someone from such a poor country - will leave and go home and  not disappear and stay for a illegal job. With a review of visa application, they can check your ID, verify income, check criminal records etc.....

A letter from someone, they do not know, have no proof of your income nor assets, or maybe even a made up name from a person running  a prostitution ring or slave labour. IT means less than nothing.... Unless of course you are so famous that they instantly say...oh it's him.... don't worry Its OK

A photo of a little girl, again that they do not know who the heck she is, or how phony the picture is, means nothing. How can a photo of me with a child prove anything? wow

When I applied for visitor visas, for my wifes mom and dad, separately,  whom have nothing left behind, no job, no owned real estate, nor reason to go ever go back.... I included certified copies of my passport and two other iDs,  2 years of income tax assessments,  proof of current  income and copies of bank records and investments ----to prove I could easily supply their care including paid certified copies of travel medical insurance in case they got sick or hurt.......... not a promise from an unknown person, with an unknown everything.... When the visa application is for a younger person,  whom is tempted to stay.... such as my wife's younger sisters.... I wouldn't waste my time, nor money applying for a visitors ----as they would be turned down here in Canada... absolutely..... for sure....and thank GOD or we would be like the USA with 11-20 million illegal mexicans and 10's of millions from other countries whom have disappeared when their student or visitor visas expired...

On the Philippine side, read the news, they catch women leaving- with return tickets, etc...all the time, that were told- what to say to immigration,  and they believed -thought they were going to legitimate jobs or to meet -they thought-  a real online boyfriend--- even with the help of crooked immigration officers at the airport whom were  paid off by the crooks....still getting caught...(Kalibo) where the women were headed to forced massage, strip and prostitution rings...

Thats why even on the Philippine side, they have a reason to be careful....

speaking of visa. my filipino friend was initially denied a tourist visa by the us consulate. i am in the process of resubmitting it again, because her first form was filled out by some trvel agency that thought she was going to usa on business and vacation. is there any special note or comment that i should include in the new form, that would help  assure a visa for her this time around? or any suggestions on how to get it done right, with no problems?

tomwynn :

speaking of visa. my filipino friend was initially denied a tourist visa by the us consulate. i am in the process of resubmitting it again, because her first form was filled out by some trvel agency that thought she was going to usa on business and vacation. is there any special note or comment that i should include in the new form, that would help  assure a visa for her this time around? or any suggestions on how to get it done right, with no problems?

She is a single female?  How old?  She will be denied because they suspect she will be traveling for non-tourist activities, such as work or marriage.  She will have to have plenty of front money and/or other ties in the Philippines to satisfy immigration she will be returning. I know a female, single,in her late 50's who got a 10 year multi entry visa and she comes to the USA for 6 months every year and stays with family.

Tom I reviewed your online profile and see that you would probably qualify -to the USA authorities -as capable and stable enough to pay for someone's expenses and not be a part of some criminal intent, but doing this for someone with no legal connection to you (like a wife, in-law) they would be looking at her stability, assets such as real estate. career etc. to see if she had strong enough reasons to make her return home.... If not to these questions, they would look at her as high risk.

They don't accept a bond as you have no way to force her on a plane when see disappears....Hell, I know a man that traveled to Russia many,many times and finally married that girlfriend..  She disappeared almost as soon as she got off the plane here in Canada with her real boyfriend. Conned and heart broken.

In the USA you know there are millions of foreigners in visitors and students visas for decades that have disappeared and never left...

My gf,was off loaded from Terminal 1 this psst 17 th July. The foolish immigration officer told her that a Relative must be the Sponsor. She has no relative in South Africa though!
She went to the I'm office and was told to get the Invitation letter Authenticated at Philippines Embassy or Consulate. That ive done and couried it over. We will soon see if she will be allowed to leave!

Firstly like any country you will be off loaded if you don't meet the requirements of the country you/they are going to. 

I have traveled with my GF to three overseas countries and she was never off loaded.

Filipinos going abroad as fiance(e)/ spouses / partners of foreign nationals or former Filipinos are required to attend the CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar in order to secure the Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC) and the CFO registration sticker.

You need this certificate to renew or apply for a new passport at the Department of Foreign Affairs (per Department of Foreign Affairs Order Nos. 11-97 Implementing Rules and Regulations for Republic Act 8239, “Philippine Passport Act” and 28-94 ). You will also need to present this certificate together with your spouse/partner visa, at the Immigration office at the international airport on your day of departure.

My spouse got a Schengen Tourist VISA today from the Italian Embassy, to come to see me in Italy. Somebody there told her she has to attend some CFO course. She has a return ticket to the PH, in 3 months. Do you think she has to do the course mandatory? Any experiences about that?
Thanks a lot!

Alberto67 :

My spouse got a Schengen Tourist VISA today from the Italian Embassy, to come to see me in Italy. Somebody there told her she has to attend some CFO course. She has a return ticket to the PH, in 3 months. Do you think she has to do the course mandatory? Any experiences about that?
Thanks a lot!

Is she married to you?

Hi Alberto. CFO cert is for the long term/immigrant visa. The immigration will ask her return ticket, her travel itinerary for 3months, invitation letter with your address and contact number. But u know its better to be over-prepare than under-prepare,the immigration may also ask her leave of absence from her work. Goodluck

Immigration have become so strict. My gf who had a Valid Tourist Visa and had Authenticated Letter from the Philippines Consulate. Together with the Invitation letter,Certified copy of ID,was offloaded TWICE in three weeks,this past 17th July and 7 th August. Immigration at Terminal 1 ,told her CAN NOT leave as had NO Relatives up to the 4 th Civil Degree.
From July 2016 to June this year,43,233 Filipinos were offloaded with 90 % at Terminal 1. Previous year was 45,989.
She went to enquire again at the Main Immigration Office and told must either get a Study visa or a Fiancee visa,to be able to leave.
Good Luck!

She has to have the CFO Certificate or they can refuse her to leave and offload her!

She MUST het the CFO Certificate,or they can refuse her to leave and offload her!

Any thoughts appreciated,

My GF (28 years of age) of 4 years is coming to visit me in Vietnam, she has already three different country stamps in her passport obtained over the last 2 years.  On each of those trip I traveled with her, this time she will be coming by her self.  She will only be coming for 10 days and will hold a return ticket, her bank account details, a credit card, hotel bookings (in her name), rental agreement (in her name), her college enrolment and our history and photo's of us over the last 4 years.

The question is should she leave the Ph. as a tourist or declare that she will be coming to visit me, in my new job in Vietnam?  What are the odds of her being off loaded at Terminal 2?

Any insights would be appreciated.

Hi Paj111,
My also foreign husband works here in HCMC and I've been travelling in and out of MNL-SGN quiet a number of times already.
Im just telling that I am travelling as tourist and will be visiting my BF/Fiancee. ( I used to tell that even we are married to avoid getting questioned about CFO cert. coz I was not having that until last month.)
As per my experience PAL asked for return ticket which CEBU didnt.
Also she might be asked by Immigration officer about your job here,place to stay and so on. She should just answer confidently. Those what she holds now should be good enough to back her up in crazy questioning.
Also sometimes if its a lucky day,zero question at all. I also had that many times most was in T3.

Anyway, tourist or visiting you, she should be not get offloaded. Just dont give reason for them to double think,confidently answer what ever question they throw at her. That she have no intention to stay long out of the country because of her responsibility or commitment in Phils, which is her current enrollment at college.

Hope it helps.

Expatriate health insurance in the Philippines

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Philippines

Moving to the Philippines

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Philippines

Travel insurance in the Philippines

Enjoy stress-free travel to the Philippines

Flights to the Philippines

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the Philippines

2 million members!

Watch later