Philippines Stopping Filipinas from Leaving As A Tourist?

GOOD MORNING.....WHILE I WAS TEACHING IN THAILAND I HAD MY 18 YR OLD FILIPINA GF FLY OVER TO BANGKOK...SHE HAD TO SHOW MY SCHOOL CONTRACT AND HER TRAVEL MONEY...NOW SHE HAS BEEN  TO THAILAND 3 TIMES....I AM NOW WORKING IN INDIA AND SHE WAS HERE FOR 5 MONTHS AND WILL COME BACK IN APRIL....JOE

Hello Joe,

Could you please avoid using caps lock on the forum.

Christopher
Expat.com

JOE CLOUGH wrote:

GOOD MORNING.....WHILE I WAS TEACHING IN THAILAND I HAD MY 18 YR OLD FILIPINA GF FLY OVER TO BANGKOK...SHE HAD TO SHOW MY SCHOOL CONTRACT AND HER TRAVEL MONEY...NOW SHE HAS BEEN  TO THAILAND 3 TIMES....I AM NOW WORKING IN INDIA AND SHE WAS HERE FOR 5 MONTHS AND WILL COME BACK IN APRIL....JOE

You're 74, she's 23 and you've been together 7 years (From your previous posts).
That's 67 and 16.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =2#2419848

Last year you said

"Yes, so true with all the scamers here in the Philippines....I hire a schoolgirl to be my maid and paid her 20 peso a day...That was 5 years ago and now she is my gf.."

and

Yes..she is 21 yrs old...Please do not worry

Perhaps I could encourage you to stop mentioning such things as it makes you look rather odd.
If I had a relationship with a schoolgirl, and I have no plans to do so, I'd keep it quiet; very, very quiet.

Hi there, i think you will do just fine, a proof of work here in our country is one great factor.

Hi all ,
Please eliminate this Joe from the forum ....
Yes yes we all like Young girls , no problem ..... but i agree fred ...
i feel shame , school girl is not young girl !

Hi anyone can help me here? I am a Filipina US embassy approved my visa (spouse visa) do I get question in Manila immigration? Is it possible for them to stop me going to us?

Many thanks,

Well, Trump will be the official president tomorrow, and he does not seem to like foreigners... So everything is possible from tomorrow on ! Be ready for all kind of problems even if you have the proper documentation...

One need not be fearful if one has the proper documentation.  If one can board the plane in the Philippines then there should be no problem in the USA.

Choicie wrote:

Hi anyone can help me here? I am a Filipina US embassy approved my visa (spouse visa) do I get question in Manila immigration? Is it possible for them to stop me going to us?

Many thanks,

If you jumped through all the hoops, physical, background checks, then you should be ready to go.  I am curious, how long did it take from the day your husband applied until the day it was approved?

True
Just happened to my GF on 03-11-2017
Going to Bangkok from Manila
travelling with a female friend 
She met all the requirements :

Passport
Round trip tickets
Sufficient money to sustain herself (proof in hand)

++++
She had to show pictures of me, us
Our private conversations on her phone and I Pad
Still not enough
They asked her to show my airplane ticket to meet her in Bangkok (which i did not have at the moment)
I had to purchase in panic mode, without knowing if the dates suited me, a round trip ticket
All that happening at the interrogation desk of immigration while the plane was waiting for her to board.
By the time i send via email my ticket to her, the officer in charged who asked to view proof of my ticket left.
And that after already sending back 3 Pinoy women home.

The only remaining person left there from immigration would not be satisfied with the documents.
He kept saying he did not have the authority to make that call .
She had to be persistant, insisting but still be polite, saying : "excuse me, excuse me, why can't i board my plane ? I satisfy all your requirements" .
She then text me" I can't board, they will not let me true, so i am going to get my ticket and my (Pinoy ONLY travel tax) refunded" and get my luggage back from the plane.

But she would not take no for an answer.
After she told me : "I could not see myself anywhere but on that plane" 
After many attempt he finally gave in, stamped her passport
Then he told her to hurry up to run to the plane

For me a Canadian, this is unacceptable what a humiliation experience : to be refuse to board for no valid reason.

By the way most, if not all, Phillipina can not go anywhere but in Asia and that is if they do not refuse them the right to board in the first place.

Good thing i was not there, i would of lost it.
Cause i am all about equality, respect and freedom

By the way I only made a profile here to reply to this post

Peace too all

Rich

The Philippines is a country, that most other countries want an approved visitors visa - as the countries they are headed to.... do not trust someone from such a poor country - will leave and go home and  not disappear and stay for a illegal job. With a review of visa application, they can check your ID, verify income, check criminal records etc.....

A letter from someone, they do not know, have no proof of your income nor assets, or maybe even a made up name from a person running  a prostitution ring or slave labour. IT means less than nothing.... Unless of course you are so famous that they instantly say...oh it's him.... don't worry Its OK

A photo of a little girl, again that they do not know who the heck she is, or how phony the picture is, means nothing. How can a photo of me with a child prove anything? wow

When I applied for visitor visas, for my wifes mom and dad, separately,  whom have nothing left behind, no job, no owned real estate, nor reason to go ever go back.... I included certified copies of my passport and two other iDs,  2 years of income tax assessments,  proof of current  income and copies of bank records and investments ----to prove I could easily supply their care including paid certified copies of travel medical insurance in case they got sick or hurt.......... not a promise from an unknown person, with an unknown everything.... When the visa application is for a younger person,  whom is tempted to stay.... such as my wife's younger sisters.... I wouldn't waste my time, nor money applying for a visitors ----as they would be turned down here in Canada... absolutely..... for sure....and thank GOD or we would be like the USA with 11-20 million illegal mexicans and 10's of millions from other countries whom have disappeared when their student or visitor visas expired...

On the Philippine side, read the news, they catch women leaving- with return tickets, etc...all the time, that were told- what to say to immigration,  and they believed -thought they were going to legitimate jobs or to meet -they thought-  a real online boyfriend--- even with the help of crooked immigration officers at the airport whom were  paid off by the crooks....still getting caught...(Kalibo) where the women were headed to forced massage, strip and prostitution rings...

Thats why even on the Philippine side, they have a reason to be careful....

speaking of visa. my filipino friend was initially denied a tourist visa by the us consulate. i am in the process of resubmitting it again, because her first form was filled out by some trvel agency that thought she was going to usa on business and vacation. is there any special note or comment that i should include in the new form, that would help  assure a visa for her this time around? or any suggestions on how to get it done right, with no problems?

tomwynn wrote:

speaking of visa. my filipino friend was initially denied a tourist visa by the us consulate. i am in the process of resubmitting it again, because her first form was filled out by some trvel agency that thought she was going to usa on business and vacation. is there any special note or comment that i should include in the new form, that would help  assure a visa for her this time around? or any suggestions on how to get it done right, with no problems?

She is a single female?  How old?  She will be denied because they suspect she will be traveling for non-tourist activities, such as work or marriage.  She will have to have plenty of front money and/or other ties in the Philippines to satisfy immigration she will be returning. I know a female, single,in her late 50's who got a 10 year multi entry visa and she comes to the USA for 6 months every year and stays with family.

Tom I reviewed your online profile and see that you would probably qualify -to the USA authorities -as capable and stable enough to pay for someone's expenses and not be a part of some criminal intent, but doing this for someone with no legal connection to you (like a wife, in-law) they would be looking at her stability, assets such as real estate. career etc. to see if she had strong enough reasons to make her return home.... If not to these questions, they would look at her as high risk.

They don't accept a bond as you have no way to force her on a plane when see disappears....Hell, I know a man that traveled to Russia many,many times and finally married that girlfriend..  She disappeared almost as soon as she got off the plane here in Canada with her real boyfriend. Conned and heart broken.

In the USA you know there are millions of foreigners in visitors and students visas for decades that have disappeared and never left...

My gf,was off loaded from Terminal 1 this psst 17 th July. The foolish immigration officer told her that a Relative must be the Sponsor. She has no relative in South Africa though!
She went to the I'm office and was told to get the Invitation letter Authenticated at Philippines Embassy or Consulate. That ive done and couried it over. We will soon see if she will be allowed to leave!

Firstly like any country you will be off loaded if you don't meet the requirements of the country you/they are going to. 

I have traveled with my GF to three overseas countries and she was never off loaded.

Filipinos going abroad as fiance(e)/ spouses / partners of foreign nationals or former Filipinos are required to attend the CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar in order to secure the Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC) and the CFO registration sticker.

You need this certificate to renew or apply for a new passport at the Department of Foreign Affairs (per Department of Foreign Affairs Order Nos. 11-97 Implementing Rules and Regulations for Republic Act 8239, “Philippine Passport Act” and 28-94 ). You will also need to present this certificate together with your spouse/partner visa, at the Immigration office at the international airport on your day of departure.

My spouse got a Schengen Tourist VISA today from the Italian Embassy, to come to see me in Italy. Somebody there told her she has to attend some CFO course. She has a return ticket to the PH, in 3 months. Do you think she has to do the course mandatory? Any experiences about that?
Thanks a lot!

Alberto67 wrote:

My spouse got a Schengen Tourist VISA today from the Italian Embassy, to come to see me in Italy. Somebody there told her she has to attend some CFO course. She has a return ticket to the PH, in 3 months. Do you think she has to do the course mandatory? Any experiences about that?
Thanks a lot!

Is she married to you?

Hi Alberto. CFO cert is for the long term/immigrant visa. The immigration will ask her return ticket, her travel itinerary for 3months, invitation letter with your address and contact number. But u know its better to be over-prepare than under-prepare,the immigration may also ask her leave of absence from her work. Goodluck

Immigration have become so strict. My gf who had a Valid Tourist Visa and had Authenticated Letter from the Philippines Consulate. Together with the Invitation letter,Certified copy of ID,was offloaded TWICE in three weeks,this past 17th July and 7 th August. Immigration at Terminal 1 ,told her CAN NOT leave as had NO Relatives up to the 4 th Civil Degree.
From July 2016 to June this year,43,233 Filipinos were offloaded with 90 % at Terminal 1. Previous year was 45,989.
She went to enquire again at the Main Immigration Office and told must either get a Study visa or a Fiancee visa,to be able to leave.
Good Luck!

She has to have the CFO Certificate or they can refuse her to leave and offload her!

She MUST het the CFO Certificate,or they can refuse her to leave and offload her!

Any thoughts appreciated,

My GF (28 years of age) of 4 years is coming to visit me in Vietnam, she has already three different country stamps in her passport obtained over the last 2 years.  On each of those trip I traveled with her, this time she will be coming by her self.  She will only be coming for 10 days and will hold a return ticket, her bank account details, a credit card, hotel bookings (in her name), rental agreement (in her name), her college enrolment and our history and photo's of us over the last 4 years.

The question is should she leave the Ph. as a tourist or declare that she will be coming to visit me, in my new job in Vietnam?  What are the odds of her being off loaded at Terminal 2?

Any insights would be appreciated.

Hi Paj111,
My also foreign husband works here in HCMC and I've been travelling in and out of MNL-SGN quiet a number of times already.
Im just telling that I am travelling as tourist and will be visiting my BF/Fiancee. ( I used to tell that even we are married to avoid getting questioned about CFO cert. coz I was not having that until last month.)
As per my experience PAL asked for return ticket which CEBU didnt.
Also she might be asked by Immigration officer about your job here,place to stay and so on. She should just answer confidently. Those what she holds now should be good enough to back her up in crazy questioning.
Also sometimes if its a lucky day,zero question at all. I also had that many times most was in T3.

Anyway, tourist or visiting you, she should be not get offloaded. Just dont give reason for them to double think,confidently answer what ever question they throw at her. That she have no intention to stay long out of the country because of her responsibility or commitment in Phils, which is her current enrollment at college.

Hope it helps.

It would be nice if that was the reason. But from  my experience the government is happy to send men and women to Middle Eastern countries. There are agents that work with the government to streamline the process.  The women pay for the privilege to be sent abroad and treated as house slaves and in the sex trade.  There passports are taken only a lucky few get to return unscared . The government is on the take as are the agent there and in the countries they are sent to.  I've had my girlfriend stopped without any real explanation.  I sent emails to ever government agency. And not one reply.  The government told her that she was stopped because.  Quote. "she might do something  bad". From then on I had to go get her to get her out of the country.  It cost me a fortune in money and time.

Paj, she is fine as a tourist, return ticket, have a job here and family, must have  invitation letter from you that she is visiting you there and will stay with you, and you will support her financially for whatever days she will be there for,  if you pay for ticket she will need copy of your passport and copy of your credit card, this are simple things to supply and works well, without them asking to many questions.

Really, it is pure abuse, nothing else. Philippine Immigration officials would not know people smuggling if it was right in front of them.
Philippines stops its people from travelling when it is their choice. They have accommodation bookings, resorts, tickets money and are refused the right to board a plane. WHY?
Philippine Beaurocratic abuse is why.

POEA is the people smuggler. They allow so many domestic helpers into the muslim countries where they are raped and abused (with legal permission to go there and POEA Knowing it is happening) yet they look at the innocent Filipino travelling for a break, holiday, to spend time with the boyfriend or go shopping as a possible people smuggling exercise. 43,000 Filipinos in 2017, refused the right to travel by Philippine Immigration indicates they have no idea what they are doing.

People with valid right to travel, passport, round trip ticket (imposed by Philippine Government more than 7 years ago) and a new requirement that you must be visiting a relative up to 4th level of separation (UNLESS YOU ARE WEALTHY AND THEN THE RULES DO NOT APPLY TO YOU)

Philippine Immigration officers are both incompetent and corrupt.

I can recall when I was travelling back to Australia after visiting India via Singapore and having spent 7 days in the Philippines. I was leaving a week before my wife (Filipina). At the airport (I was a Mabuhay Premier Elite frequent flyer) I was upgraded due to full flight. Called my wife to tell her. She wished me a safe trip.
The queue to Immigration was long and it took some time to get to the counter. I handed my passport and barding pass over and within 3 seconds the Immigration Officer told me I could not fly, I had overstayed my visa and would need to rebook my flight. When I asked if I could speak to someone she was aggressive and forceful saying NO you cant talk to anyone. You won't be leaving today. Then directed me to sit on seats behind Immigration counters (That in itself is very strange if I was not leaving)
I sat there and called a number of people I knew then after about 2hours and the queue reducing, i went to the small desk in front of the Immigration office and asked to speak to a supervisor to be told "there are no supervisors here - they have all gone home - it was only 8pm)
They asked why and I told them I had arrived 7 days ago and could not understand why I had overstayed my visa. They called the Immigration officer over, she asked for my passport, took a quick look at it and then said "Sorry I looked at the wrong date")

I was then processed but missed spending 2 hours in the Lounge and had suffered at the hands of either an incompetent or corrupt Immigration officer.

If they cannot tell the difference between an overstayer and a legal visitor how could they identify people traffickers?

I met a man in the Philippines who after finishing a 10 year relationship with a Thai girl, went to the Philippines with his friend to Puerto Galera for a holiday. He met a girl, spent time with her, she asked if he would take her to his country and he agreed.
He left and went back to Denmark, then she arranged for a visa and ticket for herself and her mother to travel to Denmark. He arrived in October and they arrived in December. They married in January and inFebruary travelled back to the Philippines together to apply for the next visa so she could stay in Denmark with him permanently.

On arrival after clearing immigration, he asked his wife to wait a few minutes while he went out to get some money to extend his visa so they could be together until the visa grant. (He was not aware he could have a 12 month entry because he was entering with his wife)
After he returned from the ATM she was in the immigration office. They were questioning her.
He was then approached by an Immigration officer who asked him to wait.
A few minutes later they came and arrested him for people smuggling.

He was detained without evidence, the girl told Immigration she went willingly and he treated her well and was her husband. They kept her in DSWD detention as their witness and in the court she told the judge he did not harm her and she loved him.

Detained for 3 years, almost $1 million $USD extracted from him in costs, bribes to Prosecutors, judges and attorneys before they released him on bail.

There is no justice system in the Philippines
It is corrupt.
Rich are treated differently to the poor or middle class.
Judges, lawyers, court staff, Immigration officials, police and Government officials all find ways to cheat people from their money.

Disgusting is no where near close to the abuse perpetrated by these government officials on others.
They all need to be sacked and replaced with new, properly trained, monitored and overseen by senior officials.

People trafficking is limited. Child porn is rife in the Philippines and run by police and officials.
The reason the Philippines is doing this checking on People trafficking is because the USA  in about 2014-2015 told them they need to make more arrests for people trafficking.
So the Philippines answer to this is to arrest anyone to make it look good for them. They will be seen as doing their duty when in fact it is not duty but abuse.

Another young man, about 16 -17 was arrested one day near Caloocan and taken to detention
His crime:
He witnessed 6 young guys steal a phone from a girl and run off. When the police came he was still there ( He lived on the street and collected garbage to help his family).
The police interviewed him and asked if he saw the crime. He said Yes
Then they asked do you know the person. He said yes
Do you know where he lives. He said yes.
Can you take us there; He said yes
They went to the address; Went inside and brought out the guy and asked is this him? He said yes
The police arrested the guy and this young man under 18 and put him in detention (which is illegal under Philippine law)
What did he do wrong - He helped the police find the guy who stole the phone from the girl.
WOW - that is Philippine justice at work.
The girl was the Mayor's daughter so the police had to make the case stick. Never mind the abuse to innocent people.

Do not under any circumstances trust the:
Philippine Police
Philippine Government officials
Philippine Immigration Officers
Philippine court and legal system
Philippine Attrorneys
Philippine Judges
Philippine prosecutors
They are all there to take your money and not to do their job

It is not the Philippine government's responsibility to manage immigration for other countries.
They have no right to stop the Filipinos travelling if they have a visa to enter the other country or the right to visa on arrival.

The Philippine Government and its Immigration department are treating ordinary citizens as if they were criminals with a case to answer for, yet at the same time, rich and government officials fleeing a case are free to exit Philippines at any time

Pretending the Philippine Government is doing a good deed to its people stopping them is just ridiculous

dkcape wrote:

Immigration have become so strict. My gf who had a Valid Tourist Visa and had Authenticated Letter from the Philippines Consulate. Together with the Invitation letter,Certified copy of ID,was offloaded TWICE in three weeks,this past 17th July and 7 th August. Immigration at Terminal 1 ,told her CAN NOT leave as had NO Relatives up to the 4 th Civil Degree.
From July 2016 to June this year,43,233 Filipinos were offloaded with 90 % at Terminal 1. Previous year was 45,989.
She went to enquire again at the Main Immigration Office and told must either get a Study visa or a Fiancee visa,to be able to leave.
Good Luck!

That is the way of the Philippines.
Abuse of power is rampant.
If your girlfriend came from a Rich family or politically connected family she would have no problem leaving/departing.

There is so much abuse by foreigners on Filipinas that they are now very strict,  specially if the Filipina is less than 25 years old. Maybe too strict but it is like that.

geolefrench wrote:

There is so much abuse by foreigners on Filipinas that they are now very strict,  specially if the Filipina is less than 25 years old. Maybe too strict but it is like that.

Under 25 I could maybe understand but certainly not when they are over 25.
But yeah, I get it. They should put so much effort into the ones going to middle-east, not so much for traveling to nearby Asian destinations for vacation/tourism.

Just my opinion though. ;)

Tim_L wrote:
geolefrench wrote:

Under 25 I could maybe understand but certainly not when they are over 25.
But yeah, I get it. They should put so much effort into the ones going to middle-east, not so much for traveling to nearby Asian destinations for vacation/tourism.

Just my opinion though. ;)

It is interesting how the Filipinos have a one way opinion.
In 2009 I met an Australian in Davao. He had been in the Philippines for many years.
When I met him he was sitting in McDonalds and I opened a conversation with him.
After buying him a couple of cheese burgers we began talking.
He told me his story after arriving in the Philippines on a visitor Visa.

He liked the country and the people so he stayed. In order to survive he did any work he could find to feed himself. Early on he spent a lot of time in Luzon and Northern Luzon. Then after a couple of years moved to A farm near Iloilo. The farm was a large farm owned  by a senator.

He told me,  every day he watched as 2-3 car loads of very young girls were brought in to the farm house.  It was clear the girls were for the senators pleasure by the way they were dressed.

After a few weeks he could not take it any longer so he went to the police thinking he was doing the right thing. Little did he know how corrupt the system was and how it protected pedophiles like this senator because they could pay for the protection.
He had to run for his life. Now the police were after him so they could protect their pedophile senator.

When I met him he had been in Mindenao for almost 3 years and it was during this discussion he told me two days before he was walking down the street in a little place near Digos when about 5-6 filipino men sitting drinking invited him to come and sit with them. They gave him beer and chatted with him for hours.
After he felt comfortable, he wanted to open up to them and tell them his life story in the Philippines. When he started talking about his time in Luzon, they stopped him and said to him "WE KNOW ALL ABOUT YOU" "We have been following you ever since you started working in Northern Luzon"
Then they went on to tell him everything he had done including the problem he had on the Farm in Iloilo area.

They said to him "We have been protecting you ever since you left Iloilo after you complained to the police about the senator" We know everything  you have done.

Now what this proves is that Filipinos are abusing young girls. The police do nothing about it. The rich can bribe the police and generals to allow anything they want.
Foreigners on the other hand are used as scape goats to show the police and legal system is doing its job.

Yes some foreigners do mistreat some girls but they are limited numbers.
Filipinos have a reputation of abusing foreigners, taking them in taxis to a house where they are held captive and robbed blind, deducting money from their ATM cards until drained, then throwing them out on the street.
Taxis that over charge (one charged a Japanese $100 USD from NIA to Malate in 1989. This Japanese would not use a taxi again.
I can go on and on with stories of the way Filipinos treat foreigners and blame them for everything. Filipinos are never guilty for anything, it is alway the foreigners fault.

Paul O AUS wrote:

It is interesting how the Filipinos have a one way opinion.
-snip-
I can go on and on with stories of the way Filipinos treat foreigners and blame them for everything. Filipinos are never guilty for anything, it is alway the foreigners fault.

I've read a lot of stories from expats that have been wronged etc. and I am well equipped to not being duped or taken advantage of. Your stories however, take things to a whole new level of scary. WOW!!!! is about all I can say to some of this.

Enter at your own peril I guess should be the moral of the story there. 
Thank you for sharing this. It should give all foreigners pause or at the very least, should provoke a great deal of thought.

Well your story is nonsense!  Can we say that because some Australians have been arrested recently in the Philippines for being pedophiles it means that all Australians are like that ? Of course not!  So do not say that Filipinos are abusive because some of them are!!! 
Your are living in Thailand, I am sure you have heard of problems with foreign tourists, but will you say that all the Thai are abusive? 
Second point : never accept to drink with unknown people...  It is a basic principle of personal security ! And I find it an extraordinary chance that he was drinking with 5-6 unknown men who just happened to follow him!

geolefrench wrote:

Well your story is nonsense!  Can we say that because some Australians have been arrested recently in the Philippines for being pedophiles it means that all Australians are like that ? Of course not!  So do not say that Filipinos are abusive because some of them are!!! 
Your are living in Thailand, I am sure you have heard of problems with foreign tourists, but will you say that all the Thai are abusive? 
Second point : never accept to drink with unknown people...  It is a basic principle of personal security ! And I find it an extraordinary chance that he was drinking with 5-6 unknown men who just happened to follow him!

My story is very true. In fact I can give you so many more from my 30 years in the Philippines and the contacts I had. When you say "some Australians have been arrested recently" that is exaggeration - there was only one AND YOU FAIL TO MENTION the Filipina who was bringing the girls to him. WHY?
She was Filipino and She was responsible as well. How could you conveniently ignore her? Without her co-operation he could not have done this. SO She was responsible for allowing it and supplying the girls.

Like I have said in another post - Filipinos will always blame the Foreigner and never a Filipino

Go to Sta Cruz and walk down the street. or go to EDAS near the EDSA station and you will see very young girls offered to you for sex.
Then ask yourself how the barangay captain does not know what is going on in his area of responsibility? Everything that is done is known and used to extract money.
It is well known that you could get what you want in the Philippines so long as you can pay for it.

You have child porn online easily tracked if the Philippine Government wanted to. This is mostly run by the Filipinos and to pretend it is only the foreigners doing this is showing ignorance. Yes there was one Australian, arrested and charged with child porn but the only reason he was arrested is he killed one little girl. If he had not done that he would be still operating with the knowledge of the Filipinos he was paying.

Then there is the time when a female employee working in the Chief Justices office (Corona) who came in to work one morning and was crying so hard she was sobbing.
When the chief justice arrived he asked what was wrong and the Attorney advised him she was coming in to work through Divisoria Market that morning and was robbed of her hand bag with all her money, cards, keys and ID.

3 hours later the bag was returned to the Chief Justices office with all contents complete.
This can only happen if all in the legal system know all who are committing the crimes but turn a blind eye to it because they benefit from it financially.

I know this because one of my clients was the attorney from the Chief Justices office and he told me about it.

Of course there was cooperation so to speak between the Australian and his girl friend but he has the money and so the power!  He did not kill anybody, it was the Dutch police and Interpol which gave the information about the cyber business to the PNP...  It was few weeks ago.
Mmost of the bars in Angeles city, where you have a lot of prostitution are owned by Australians... The clients?  Mainly foreigners..  Thats a fact!

geolefrench wrote:

Of course there was cooperation so to speak between the Australian and his girl friend but he has the money and so the power!  He did not kill anybody, it was the Dutch police and Interpol which gave the information about the cyber business to the PNP...  It was few weeks ago.
Mmost of the bars in Angeles city, where you have a lot of prostitution are owned by Australians... The clients?  Mainly foreigners..  Thats a fact!

So the Filipina is innocent because she had to rely on the money from the Australian and for that reason it did not matter that she was bringing the girls to him?
REALLY?
SO you really believe it was ok for the Filipina to do what she did because the foreigner had money?
AND you believe she is innocent because of that?

I appreciate the hard ships and different circumstances people face when trying to take a GF out of the Philippines.

However can we please stop this being a complaints page!

And offer information as required and relevant to the page.

Hum hum ! I have never said that ... I talk of a "cooperation" between the 2 and the 2 (and others) are in jail !
What I want to say is that : when an Australian (or other foreigner) is at fault you consider that it is only few Australian who are doing stupid things but if it is a Filipino doing that stupid thing, you conclude in a general global statement by : the Filipinos are abusive... is it not racist ?

Few years ago, I had a French niece who went to Australia for a summer job. She was employed in a farm... the owner was abusive, taking her her passport, making her work like crazy etc. she wanted to leave but he refused. She was able to contact me and I contacted the French consulate in Canberra. They were able to "rescue" her... and the farmer is in trouble for illegal practices. The consulate told me that there are a lot of cases of young French workers being abused by their Australian employers particularly in farming. But will I say that all Australian are abusive ? Of course not !

Avoid generalizations on people and country, that's it ! I do not know a country in the world where you have only angels  :D