Philippines Stopping Filipinas from Leaving As A Tourist?

This was poster several months ago, but I just had to reply. Son, I can think of no greater calamity that could befall you then to get caught in either the PI or Thailand with any kind of fake document.  Even after explaining and possible getting cleared (more likely to be sent bank with rejected in your passport) You will get posted on the watch lists. You will then get extra scrutiny each and every time you travel. It is not worth it.
Get all your documents in order, dress the part, keep cool and calm, be patient and 99% time no problem. I have travelled all over Asia for over 40 years without issues that way.

[Moderated: Off topic.]

hi i want to ask something about how the imagration officer dails to the filipino people who wants to go visit or rather to be a tourist in the thailand? when the actually stamp the passport then suddenly they offload it? what shall i do?

Yup i get hold in immigration. And lots of hassle. They want me to pass the eequirments. My Question here is Can my boyfriend  come i. Phil then me and him will leave to gether?
I will tour in malaysia for only 5 days.
Pls reply :)0

Hello guys,

I'm just a newbie here and I'm interested with the topic because I'll be on vacation this december going to Phuket, Thailand.
Just wanna ask if you have some tips for me since this is my first time to travel outside the country. I am 23, currently working, and I will be traveling alone. I'll be there for 20days. Actually, Im gonna have to meet my boyfriend over there for the first time, he's from a diff country so we'll just have to meet at the airport since he'll arrive 2 hours earlier than me.

I've been hearing these horrible stories from diff forums, sites about the hassles on going thru our own immigration (PH immigration, I mean), so I'm thinking if my own documents are enough for them to let me go thru immigration without telling them that I'm gonna have to meet my boyfriend (Just to avoid them thinking the human trafficking issue)

So, these are the docs that I have:
.Passport
.RT Ticket
.Hotel booking showing the 20days timeframe
.Company ID
.Certificate of Employment
.Pocket money ($500 is enough?)
.ATM / Credit cards

P.S. But if in case they have to do secondary inspection and like have to really dig in to me more, like asking if im going to meet someone, of course i gotta have to tell them that im gonna meet my long time boyfriend (for the first time). So I think, it will be better if I prepare some hard copied docs or print out showing our proof of relationship like:
.skype logs/messages - print out
.mail receipts showing what gifts we sent to each other
.WU receipts
.videos we sent to each other (i can show it to them thru my laptop)

He he, I know its a lot of information and I think I might as well dress classy and just be confident :) So what do you think guys? Tips will be much appreciated for a first-timers like me...

Hi ,, always scary even if you may have all the required docs ..
Can not your BF go to Manilla so that you are interviewed both ???
I do this but each time it is ok but suspense , and no pressure cause i joke with immigration telling if she is denied i stay in  phils ,, it's true !
Don't say it's first time you see your bf , ok ? so build your file in this orientation.
good luck

atissad wrote:

Hello guys,

I'm just a newbie here and I'm interested with the topic because I'll be on vacation this december going to Phuket, Thailand.
Just wanna ask if you have some tips for me since this is my first time to travel outside the country. I am 23, currently working, and I will be traveling alone. I'll be there for 20days. Actually, Im gonna have to meet my boyfriend over there for the first time, he's from a diff country so we'll just have to meet at the airport since he'll arrive 2 hours earlier than me.

I've been hearing these horrible stories from diff forums, sites about the hassles on going thru our own immigration (PH immigration, I mean), so I'm thinking if my own documents are enough for them to let me go thru immigration without telling them that I'm gonna have to meet my boyfriend (Just to avoid them thinking the human trafficking issue)

.Passport
.RT Ticket
.Company ID
.ATM / Credit cards

P.S. But if in case they have to do secondary inspection and like have to really dig in to me more, like asking if im going to meet someone, of course i gotta have to tell them that im gonna meet my long time boyfriend (for the first time). So I think, it will be better if I prepare some hard copied docs or print out showing our proof of relationship like:
.WU receipts

He he, I know its a lot of information and I think I might as well dress classy and just be confident :) So what do you think guys? Tips will be much appreciated for a first-timers like me...

Thanks for the heads up! Alright so I'll just have to tour thailand without letting them know that I'm gonna have to meet my boyfriend.

Unfortunately, he cant come over to the Philippines, we'll gonna have to meet halfway in Thai.

Thanks

atissad wrote:

Hello guys,

.Passport
.RT Ticket
.Company ID
.ATM / Credit cards

.WU receipts

".Pocket money ($500 is enough?)"

$25.00 USD, a day?

Dear, young, sweet, innocent, thing. NO!

"Unfortunately, he cant come over to the Philippines,"

(Unfortunately)--- Twenty days of vacation and he can't spend ( 1 ) of them to come and pick you up, walk you through on his arm...

What's his beef with the Philippines(?) Lack of interest, or muddy water?

I have no wish to dampen your spirits, but from what you've stated so far, I'd be thinking, your chances are quite low of getting out of country.

Sorry, I just call them like I see them, not necessarily the way they are.

Cheers.

Hi Ramblingroads,

Well, the pocket money I've stated is only the show money for the immigration. Just following their standard of 10,000 Baht as a person once I enter Kingdom of Thailand. And I have my own credit card as a back up too. Mostly he'll cover my expenses once I'm there anyway.

He he, its more of a vacation gift actually. I just grabbed it. So it will also serve as our 1st time meeting each other/ He''ll come over next year here in my homeplace.

My main concern is more about passing thru immigration here in the Philippines.

Thanks for your comment by the way. I'll try my best to pass!

atissad wrote:

Hi Ramblingroads,

Well, the pocket money I've stated is only the show money for the immigration. Just following their standard of 10,000 Baht as a person once I enter Kingdom of Thailand. And I have my own credit card as a back up too. Mostly he'll cover my expenses once I'm there anyway.

He he, its more of a vacation gift actually. I just grabbed it. So it will also serve as our 1st time meeting each other/ He''ll come over next year here in my homeplace.

My main concern is more about passing thru immigration here in the Philippines.

Thanks for your comment by the way. I'll try my best to pass!

Hi, please let the board know, how it goes....many other Filipinas and Filipinos are in similar situations.

$50.00 a day is doable, it just requires keeping everything well on down, on the lower end. But a smart savvy person can make in Phuket on fifty dollars a day. Your immigration official will probably think this through, and maybe wonder out loud how are you going to supplement your income.... Your credit card will shore up you story well here.

The hotels are a big factor, low end rooms are expensive.

Yes, them, the immigration officials letting you go, from the Philippines is the big problem, you'll do fine when you get into Thailand. Phuket is expensive, though, but with boy-friend in hand it shouldn't be an issue.

Bear in mind, 20 days can be a long, long, time in Phuket, to just hang out on the local scene. For the most part with Expats it's alcohol, bars, and bar fines... too. But you've got your return ticket, if things become too heated, on whatever level. 

You write well, your education is obvious, and admirable, being well dressed and "rehearsed"... for questions will certainly help. Immigration may let you through, but Phuket.... Beautiful yes, but not known as place one goes for "mental stimulation". Immigration will know this too.

Cheers.

Hi Ramblingroads,

Thanks so much! And I'll surely let the board know.

I'm confident I'll be able to pass because there's nothing to be afraid of, and Im obviously not hiding anything. I know my rights to travel. Let's just say, I'm going to tour Thailand for a nice relaxing vacation without those 'meeting-boyfriend-stuffs', I just dont understand why our own immigration are denying some passengers. I'm a legit tourist and I'm definitely not looking for a job there, lol. Ha ha, I can't see any reason why they should deny me anyway with all these documents that I have.

Ok, I'll just bring $1000 as a show money. Well, I'm not into bringing cash that much coz I prefer using cards. But yeah, just in case they suspect lil poor me! he he

About the hotel reservation, it has been paid already by his own credit card. And I have the hotel reservation with both our names on it.

Cheers!

Hi guys,

I'm a Filipina and already booked a ticket to bangkok on january. This is my first time to travel abroad and alone. I'm just worried if the immigration officer will not allow me because my ticket was more than 30 days? Will they check the return date on the ticket? I was planning to go on neighboring countries that is why i make it more than the allowed 30 days stay in thai. Can anyone help me what to do? Thanks :-)

whatever you do dont tell customs you are planning to travel all over and to neighboring countries...BAD MOVE!!

Hi,

It's nice to know we came from same place (Davao). I'll be going thai soon but you just go ahead of me . I hope i can get more infos from you when u get there or even share what happen during interrogation. I also have the documents like your except for employment cert. I am working but online job. Is it necessary to have one like this kind of job? Or i have to? Is you bf from thai also?
My only worry is my ticket was booked for more than 30 days. I dont know if the officer will allow or should i tell them that i will go to neighboring countries.

Thanks! HOpe to get a reply from you . :-)

Why is it a bad move to tell them my itinerary was also going to neighboring countries if that's what i really want? I think any tourist can go through just as long as they pass through immigration checkpoint. Thanks for the reply :-)

Hi guys,

I'm a Filipina and already booked a ticket to bangkok on january. This is my first time to travel abroad and alone. I'm just worried if the immigration officer will not allow me because my ticket was more than 30 days?(53 days to be exact) Will they check the return date on the ticket? I was planning to go on neighboring countries that is why i make it more than the allowed 30 days stay in thai. Can anyone help me what to do? Thanks :-)

whatever you do dont tell customs you will travel to other countries

ivz28 wrote:

Hi,

It's nice to know we came from same place (Davao). I'll be going thai soon but you just go ahead of me . I hope i can get more infos from you when u get there or even share what happen during interrogation. I also have the documents like your except for employment cert. I am working but online job. Is it necessary to have one like this kind of job? Or i have to? Is you bf from thai also?
My only worry is my ticket was booked for more than 30 days. I dont know if the officer will allow or should i tell them that i will go to neighboring countries.

Thanks! HOpe to get a reply from you . :-)

Hi ivz! Wow so your from Davao as well! I would love to meet you in person and we can discuss some things. Its also my first time to travel abroad, and yeah I do alot of research first. Unfortunately our Ph Immigration is very strict when it comes to solo female tourist traveling for the first time.

In my opinion, I think online job is fine as long as you can show some proof of transactions or what you do online, if possible print a hard copy for those.

And about the duration, Im not really sure about that. That's quite very tricky. Nope my bf is not from Thai. He's an Aussie, we'll just gonna have to meet halfway in Phuket! :)

Btw, we can meet at GMall Davao. my number is +639999045343. xx

ivz28 wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm a Filipina and already booked a ticket to bangkok on january. This is my first time to travel abroad and alone. I'm just worried if the immigration officer will not allow me because my ticket was more than 30 days?(53 days to be exact) Will they check the return date on the ticket? I was planning to go on neighboring countries that is why i make it more than the allowed 30 days stay in thai. Can anyone help me what to do? Thanks :-)

Hi Ivz! Im not really sure how to answer that because its also my first time to travel abroad this last week of Dec. I think as long as you have your return tickets proving that you will go back to the Philippines will be fine. Just DONT give them the impression that your not coming back. wow 53 days is a loooong vacation, well as long as your statement matches your docs you will be fine.

Chin up. Just be confident. Stand for your right.

"wow 53 days is a loooong vacation"

53 days is an eternity. Change the ticket... You can fix it when you get out of country, and put the extension(s) back. New Love<--- just making an assumption here, often does not last longer than 5 days. But you've got to try, it's the only way anything ever gets done.

Vetretreat:
"Whatever you do, don't tell them you're going to multiple countries"

The best piece of advice so far... from a world traveler.

Just stop and think about it....

ivz28:
"I think any tourist can go through just as long as they pass through immigration checkpoint. Thanks for the reply :-)"

[ Nope ], not true, not even close to being true....If you want to make this (more complicated) tell the officer you're going to other countries, then it becomes: Which ones? How long? And why? You'll most likely fumble your lines and he'll have all the (excuse) he needs to deny your trip.

(KISS)....(Keep It Simple Stupid)... Yes, in all probability he'll look at the return date. And you've already overstayed your visa...as is with 53-days.

An Internet Online job? OMG, must be a call center job, that pays very, very, very, well. Millionaires can't afford 53-day multiple country vacations. But if you owned the online-company, and had a bank account (checking) of 3-5Mphp, it's almost doable, or I should say it would seem reasonable.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but you need to think about this immigration officer and what he sees and (knows) about young pretty Filipinas traveling alone to countries like Thailand. Why not "Timor?", or "Garcia?", or "Madagascar?", or the "Falkland Islands?", well maybe not the Falkland's, it's kind of cold there, and very expensive....  Anyway, I think a point has been made.

Put yourself in the shoes of an Immigration Officer and think about what he sees....

All the best,

Happy trails, happy travels.

Sincerely,

RR__

Well said Rambling Roads! I think for me it's gonna be Less talk less mistakes, lol.

Hi ramblingroads,

Thanks for your advice. Yes 53 days travel. They will not allow that even if i have return ticket to prove that i will be back home? I think i don't need millions to travel. I will just stay on cheap hotels. Or, if  i really have to. The i will change my return ticket date less than 30 days, then i will just extend when i get there. What about visa on arrival?

No im not a call center agent. But i work online. So i have to bring proofs of transaction like leave of absence letter and my monthly salary.or they can call my employer. Right?

This seems like telling the truth to the immigration officers is not good, and telling lies is much safer. :-)

Anyways, i really appreciate your advice here. HOpe to hear more from you. Thanks

Hi Atissad,

Yes we i'd love to meet you also. I just give you a call. Are you free anytime? Thanks

ivz28 wrote:

Hi Atissad,

Yes we i'd love to meet you also. I just give you a call. Are you free anytime? Thanks

Yup! Feel free to text me or call me Ivz! Yes I'm free most of the time.

Btw, I dont think you need visa for Thai since it's a visa-free country. Yeah let's just keep it simple to immigration I guess. Just answer the question. No need to explain much. Just show the documents only when they need it, dont pro-actively show it, or else they will think your very defensive.

Looking forward in meeting you soon! xx

ivz28 wrote:

Hi ramblingroads,

Thanks for your advice. Yes 53 days travel. They will not allow that even if i have return ticket to prove that i will be back home? I think i don't need millions to travel. I will just stay on cheap hotels. Or, if  i really have to. The i will change my return ticket date less than 30 days, then i will just extend when i get there. What about visa on arrival?

No im not a call center agent. But i work online. So i have to bring proofs of transaction like leave of absence letter and my monthly salary.or they can call my employer. Right?

This seems like telling the truth to the immigration officers is not good, and telling lies is much safer. :-)

Anyways, i really appreciate your advice here. HOpe to hear more from you. Thanks

""Thanks for your advice. Yes 53 days travel. They will not allow that even if i have return ticket to prove that i will be back home? I think i don't need millions to travel""

53 days travel is not unheard of. But it opens up the can of worms; of, why this, why that, and why the other. A single young woman, on 53 days vacation is not unheard of either, but it is rare.... and easy enough called unusual. As for the visa in Thailand, when you enter the country there is no charge, if you over stay the standard given days, they will charge you for it, just like the Philippines does with foreigners who overstay their arrival visa.

(Rare an unusual)-travel, without previous passport stamps, showing that you have a history of going to other countries and returning... without "injuring" the system, is sort of starting off on the wrong foot. Or put more bluntly... rare and unusual is not good on the first trip out.... "KISS" <-> (K)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid, no need to raise eyebrows....

53 days out, (financing) is an issue.... No you don't need millions, but as a "young beautiful single Filipina", unless you've got a rock solid work history, and (way) more important, considerable assets, monetarily, not your beauty, at least at this juncture. To clarify! Beauty is worth (all) going a bit philosophical..., think of "Helen of Troy" the face that launched a thousand ships; but this "Agent" is going to want to see paper... Land, house, business, fat bank account with a two to five year history, not two weeks... is mesmerizing beauty to an Immigration Officer.

Finally, and I'm sure by now you're ready for it.

These immigration "chaps" are not easily fooled; they know the young, tender, beautiful, Filipina; is a highly desirable item. They also know that the probability is exceptionally high, that, said Filipina, is going purposely to meet and explore A-Love of some kind, financial or the genuine thing. Nobody is stupid, and, perhaps these Immigration Officers are a little jealous, and this factors into their over-protective-postures, by defending in their minds at least, the country's assets.

But when your "ducks" are all lined up, or as it appears with these more stringent requirements, "your stars" line up, yes stars are harder to line up than ducks; the Immigration Officer is compelled to let you go. "The System" (looks) for things, when it sees these proper things, without a glaring anomaly... the system demands that the Officer must let you pass.

And, yes, yes, (OH-YES), it is dangerous, make no mistake, dangerous it is... Still, though, women are stronger, tougher, and smarter, than we men give them credit for.

"KISS"

Sincerely,

Happy trails, happy travels.

RR__

Hi ramblingroads,

Thanks again for the reply. Yes, i understand what you mean. I can't change the date of my return ticket now. So is it ok if i let it that way then i will tell them i'll just extend my stay there by getting a visa on arrival then before the 30 days end i'll go to neighboring countries?
I know finance is a big thing here. I have saved this for long, so i guess my finance is sustainable.
What i believe is that IO has no right to stop anyone from entering if have the requirements and funds.
If overstaying, then will pay for it.
And also i will not be alone there, my boyfriend and I will meet halfway. So i guess that would be ok? :)

Thanks again and cheers!
God Bless

i have loved the forum topic thanks ladies and gentle men here so let me also try my luck and see my fiance and baby can visit my family....

ivz28 wrote:

Hi ramblingroads,

Thanks again for the reply. Yes, i understand what you mean. I can't change the date of my return ticket now. So is it ok if i let it that way then i will tell them i'll just extend my stay there by getting a visa on arrival then before the 30 days end i'll go to neighboring countries?
I know finance is a big thing here. I have saved this for long, so i guess my finance is sustainable.
What i believe is that IO has no right to stop anyone from entering if have the requirements and funds.
If overstaying, then will pay for it.
And also i will not be alone there, my boyfriend and I will meet halfway. So i guess that would be ok? :)

Thanks again and cheers!
God Bless

Hi , why your bf don't come to get you out in naia ,, this is the best and safest way (if you already know ur bf), see my previous messages on this topic there .
Good luck anyway ,

Wow! I'm getting butterflies in my stomach, I'm gonna travel next week, yay!

Well, I'm gonna stick with my first plan instead and declare that I'm gonna meet my boyfriend there. In that way, they will know and can be assured that financial stuff is not an issue coz he's gonna shoulder my expenses eventhough I have my own pocket money and credit card (But its not enough for a 20-day vacation though, he he)

On the bad side, If they will think about human trafficking stuff, I will gladly show all means of proof of our relationships, from the start even if it will came to a point where I have to open my laptop. All pictures, all his vid messages, as well as his parents, receipts for the gifts sent to his address, all his his Identification, and lots of call logs in my cellphone, his itineraries for the flight.

Wish me luck guys! Gonna keep you updated anyway ;) Mwah

Miss A <3

Hello Guys,

Just wanna tell everybody that I got thru immigration last 28th of December. I know there's alot of reviews and forums about these immigration officers not letting young filipina travel on their own. But let me enlighten you guys.. Not all Immigration Officers are bad, they just wanna make sure your safety of course (since your traveling alone for the first time, and especially your a female, thats a red flag!)

Well, in my case I got through, yay!. It's my 1st time to travel out of the country alone, female, single 23 years old. I'm actually meeting my boyfriend in Thailand for the first time. He's from Aus. The situation went like this.

(After handing the Immigration Officer my passport, embarkation card, 2 boarding passes - because I have connecting flight in Bangkok before I reach Phuket)
Immigration Officer: where are you traveling?
Me: Phuket Thailand (with a smiling face)
IO: Where are you staying?
Me: I'm staying at (name of the hotel)
IO: Do you know someone from there?
Me: No
IO: Are you traveling alone?
Me: Yes
IO: Do you have a return ticket?
Me: (Handed her my itinierary showing my return tickets)
IO: Do you have a hotel booking
Me: Yes (Presented them my hotel booking)
IO: Are you meeting someone over there?
Me: Yes.
IO: Is it a relative or a family?
Me: My boyfriend.
IO: Is he a foreigner?
Me: Yes
IO: Is he from Thailand?
Me. No, he's from Aus.
IO: Have you met before?
Me: No
IO: How long you've been together?
Me: Almost a year
IO: You have pictures together?
Me: I have pics of him, but not together since we havent met yet.
IO: Can you show me the pictures?
Me: (Got out all the paperworks, screenshots of our skype calls, skype messages, show phone records on my phone, receipts from post office showing we area sending gifts to each other)

(then IO started talking to the other IO beside her. Me - still smiling, he he)

....then IO asked me if she can have someone do some inspection and let them look at all the docs that I have. And I said yes of course - ITS THE SECONDARY INSPECTION NOW! AS WHAT I'VE EXPECTED

***secondary inspection***
IO: So you'll gonna be meeting your bf for the first time?
Me: Yes.
IO: How long have you known each other?
Me: Almost a year
IO: Show me proof of your relationships
Me: (Handed her the 10 pages screenshot of my bf's conversation via skype, call logs, lots of pics, receipts, phone records)
IO: Wow you are not that prepared! (in a sarcastic manner, lol)
Me: Ha ha, yeah. I'm a Sr. Data Analyst so I do a lot of research. It's better to be prepared at a time like this.
IO: That's good. Can you show me proof that someone's gonna meet you there?
Me: (Showed the IO my bf's itinerary - - - we have the same day of flight, he's just an hour ahead of me touching down Phuket airport)
IO: Do you have invitation letter?
Me: (Handed her the invitation letter including my bf's photocopy of his passport and driver's license)
IO: It's not authenticated.
Me: Of course it's not authenticated because he's not from Thailand. He's from Australia and I'm just showing you the invitation letter he sent me thru email with his signature on it and attached are the copy of his passport and drivers license.
IO: How long will you gonna stay there?
Me: 20 days
IO: That's a long time. What will you gonna do there?
Me: (Thinking, what the fuck, why do you care? He he) We'll gonna go to the beach, shopping, elephant trekking. Gonna have to make the most out of it because the ticket is kinda expensive so I gotta use all my vacation leaves.
IO:Did he pay all for the expenses?
Me: Yeah, majority of it, but I also paid some because I have my own credit card and salary money from work too.
IO: (Looking closely at my bf's photo - the photocopy of his passport and DL) He's got tattoo, is he not a bad person?
Me: (Thinking, wtf) Of course he's got tattoo, it's a fahion thing in Aus. Maybe your thinking he's a criminal because thats how mostly Filipino portray people like that, but he's really a family-oriented person. Don't judge the book by its cover
IO: Okay. Just make sure to take care of yourself. And go back to the first IO lady and give her my recommendation to allow you to pass. But I'm gonna keep all these docs that you have.
Me: Can't I keep it? I should've known you'll gonna get it because I'm gonna be using it for future reference. But never mind, yeah you can keep it.

***went to the first IO. then finally stamped my passport for the first time, yay!***

T'was a long trip from Davao to Manila, to Bangkok, to Phuket, but it's all worth it. I'm not even scared because I know I have all the docs they need and I know I'm a legit tourist and I have the right to travel.

So that's it guys! I'm enjoying my stay here in Thailand now. Met my gorgeous boyfriend for the first time.

Anything is possible. Just be honest, and back-up all your answers with supporting documents. It's better to be prepared. Stand for your right to travel! Research!!!!

That's it! He he. Bye for now, gonna sleep, gonna do some nice bungy jumping tomorrow! yay!

P.S. I hope my friend Ivy from Davao got thru immigration too. Ivy, if you read this post, please leave me a message. I'll be happy to know how you've been. Hope we can see each other soon in Davao. Be back on the 17th in Davao :):):)

Regards,

Atissa D xxxx

CONGRATS ON A JOB WELL DONE!!!

mugtech wrote:

CONGRATS ON A JOB WELL DONE!!!

thanks mugtech!

Hello guys. As I was searching for a helpful blogs, I saw this one, and I've read all the post here. I really need any helpful advice from everyone on how to pass the immigration coz i dont want to take any chances to be offloaded again when i go to australia. I just got my visa grant and im very excited thinking about being there already. But thinking about my last experience of being denied in the immigration lessen my  excitement. Ive searched helpful things on how to pass in the immigration but i dont know if the things i learned in my research are already enough.

It should be my second time to travel abroad but my first trip to singapore was denied because i lack documents. Its a charge of experience i think.  I am a female, 21 years old, and a first time traveler abroad. It made a big ''Ding!" To me when I heard that a first time solo female traveler raises red flag to the immigration. I still have a month before my flight that's why I'm really seeking any helpful tips from anyone.

an Aussie friend of me(that I'm dating already) invited me to come over in his place to make it different since he's been here in the philippines alot of times already to visit me, that's why I applied a tourist visa and gladly I was granted a visa. Ill be spending time with him there for 3months, meet his family and to travel interstate with him exploring Australia.

-Passport,
-Visa,
-Itenerary flights (back and forth)
-$1000 in my pocket
-both mine and his bank account statement,
-Letter of invitation from him/ affidavit of support,
-his citizenship certificate, entitlements, bank guarantees, work ID,
-Copy of his passport and his stamps pages (showing that he came here just recently to spend Christmas and new year with me),
-Proof of relationship(images together, Skype video chat screenshots),
-Proof of communication(text messages, emails, Skype messages,call logs),
-WU receipts to prove that he is been supporting me,

Those are the things I have in my checklist that i can show in case the immigration will ask me those.  Now I wanna know what u guys think about my case. Do u think i can pass in the immigration with those documents I have as a first time solo traveler? I appreciate any reply I will have from u guys about this matter. Thank u

ryza do not worry i am very sure you will make it if you have all that... just be real and do not fear to talk to the officers when you are in departures.... i wish you all the best but for my case i will come over and travel with my fiance and baby with me next time.......

If I understand, your goal is to show you are a tourist - visiting a friend for an extended vacation, are not seeking residency nor work, have the ability to support yourself and will return to the Philippines at visits end. If that is the case, "WU receipts to prove he has been supporting me" just went "ding" and raised a red flag as a immigration officer. Also, US$1,000 for a 3-month visit. Second "ding" in brain alarm. Can you show other assets (money) you will draw from to support yourself while in Aussieland?

Thanks rob. I really appreciate the best luck u gave to me:-). 
That's gonna be awesome to travel with your loved ones.

Hello there Ponani,  I got the  list of requirements that the immigration officer gave to me before when i was off loaded for Singapore, and remitances is in the list, so i think the WU receipts I have is a big help to support me. I know that Australia is one of the expensive countries to visit, I can raise my show money alot more bigger than $1000.

ryza wrote:

Hello guys. As I was searching for a helpful blogs, I saw this one, and I've read all the post here. I really need any helpful advice from everyone on how to pass the immigration coz i dont want to take any chances to be offloaded again when i go to australia. I just got my visa grant and im very excited thinking about being there already. But thinking about my last experience of being denied in the immigration lessen my  excitement. Ive searched helpful things on how to pass in the immigration but i dont know if the things i learned in my research are already enough.

It should be my second time to travel abroad but my first trip to singapore was denied because i lack documents. Its a charge of experience i think.  I am a female, 21 years old, and a first time traveler abroad. It made a big ''Ding!" To me when I heard that a first time solo female traveler raises red flag to the immigration. I still have a month before my flight that's why I'm really seeking any helpful tips from anyone.

an Aussie friend of me(that I'm dating already) invited me to come over in his place to make it different since he's been here in the philippines alot of times already to visit me, that's why I applied a tourist visa and gladly I was granted a visa. Ill be spending time with him there for 3months, meet his family and to travel interstate with him exploring Australia.

-Passport,
-Visa,
-Itenerary flights (back and forth)
-$1000 in my pocket
-both mine and his bank account statement,
-Letter of invitation from him/ affidavit of support,
-his citizenship certificate, entitlements, bank guarantees, work ID,
-Copy of his passport and his stamps pages (showing that he came here just recently to spend Christmas and new year with me),
-Proof of relationship(images together, Skype video chat screenshots),
-Proof of communication(text messages, emails, Skype messages,call logs),
-WU receipts to prove that he is been supporting me,

Those are the things I have in my checklist that i can show in case the immigration will ask me those.  Now I wanna know what u guys think about my case. Do u think i can pass in the immigration with those documents I have as a first time solo traveler? I appreciate any reply I will have from u guys about this matter. Thank u

:):):)

Hello Ryza,

I think you will do just fine, as what I can see you have the complete docs the IO might possibly ask. There's nothing to worry about because you can show lots of proof about your relationship together and the fact that he's been supporting you means a positive thing too. They just wanna make sure you'll be able to survive living there.

Btw, I just got back from Thailand on the 17th, had a nice 20-day stay in Phuket with my gorgeous partner. It was my first time traveling solo abroad, I'm 23 y.o., and it was my first time meeting my bf over there, we just met halfway. He's from Aus, I'm from Philippines. I even got through immigration, eventhough I cant show pics of us together because we havent met yet. I say just be confident. Don't just let them offload you, you know for yourself you have the complete documents, maybe too much, lol. Just think positive and everything will be alright. Just answer their questions, less talk less mistakes. Don't proactively say something further about the vacation, you don't owe them an explanation - it's your right to travel, unless they ask you some questions. If it's answerable by yes or no just answer 'yes' or 'no'. And yeah speak english, it will be a plus points too because they will know your smart and you know your way around in case something worst might happen.

I'm positive you'll get through.

Regards,
Atissa D <3

Oh hello there Attisa,

Thank you so much for that comforting advice.  I promise i will apply those things you said to me. Actually today, i visited the bureau of immigration field office here in my city and had a chance to talk to a Chief officer who was assigned in the NAIA airport before and he said i have all the documents they need so nothing to worry. I'm praying that everything well go smooth and well during my flight soon this Feb.13. I'm already excited just thinking that it is valenetines day when i get there. Wohoo:-)

How was your time with your boyfriend in Thailand? I can imagine the mixed emotions during the first meeting. :-). For sure you have sweet pictures together now. Im so happy for you that you finally met your love dear.

You said you are from the Davao? My boyfriend and i just spent our Christmas and new year there and we even participated the tarotot festival and he really had fun blowing the tarotot. :-)

Best regards!

Ryza:-*

ryza wrote:

Oh hello there Attisa,

Thank you so much for that comforting advice.  I promise i will apply those things you said to me. Actually today, i visited the bureau of immigration field office here in my city and had a chance to talk to a Chief officer who was assigned in the NAIA airport before and he said i have all the documents they need so nothing to worry. I'm praying that everything well go smooth and well during my flight soon this Feb.13. I'm already excited just thinking that it is valenetines day when i get there. Wohoo:-)

How was your time with your boyfriend in Thailand? I can imagine the mixed emotions during the first meeting. :-). For sure you have sweet pictures together now. Im so happy for you that you finally met your love dear.

You said you are from the Davao? My boyfriend and i just spent our Christmas and new year there and we even participated the tarotot festival and he really had fun blowing the tarotot. :-)

Best regards!

Ryza:-*

:):):)

Hello Ryza,

Wow thats a quick response, he he.. I was the same. I was like in a panic mode before, even called the Bureau of Immigration office asking about things and researched alot of things, joined forums just to interact with people with same experience. But in reality, everything will be alright. They are not as harsh as what I've thought so, atleast they are just making sure that you will be completely alright when you go to your destination - unless if you lined up for a corrupt officer who wants to have a bribe ( havent experience it yet though but lots of people were telling about corrupt IO's want to get some money).

I think the main bottomline is you need to be honest with them about your real intent on your travel, given the fact you can support yourself, you still have to declare your boyfriend. That will give them a mindset that your just going for a vacation there and not looking for work, so maybe you can tell them your going for a tour and shopping over there (you know what to say already, I know your rehearsed and smart just by the way you compose your message).

And one more thing, do you know anything about CFO? I've heard IO's are asking for it whenever the purpose of travel is going abroad with a foreigner. (It's not really a mandatory doc needed, I just want to bring it to your attention. Just saw in some forums that some of our fellow Pinays been asked about that and got offloaded where in fact they just have to be firm and explain there's no need for those doc since the purpose of travel is tour/leisure) CFO is just needed for people whose staying for good to another country, we dont really need that.
I never came across that kind of question, but just a heads up in case they ask you about it and make a big deal that you should have it, just stand for your right. Tell them you dont need to have CFO because you are just a tourist and you'll be coming back to the Philippines, you're not staying for good there. That's all, he he. I know it's too much info. I think I'm just having this old feeling back like being paranoid about the possible outcome of my flight before, but turned out to be successful even though I was interrogated for more than 30 minutes - but I handled it smoothly though, not being disrespectful just answering their questions, looking smart and confident, and of course dress smartly, its a plus ;)

Goodluck girl, I know you can do it, you have a great advantage traveling than me really. Imagine, I got thru knowing I'll be traveling solo just to meet my bf in Thailand, how much more you where you both have met already! So no need to worry! Valentines day mmmmmmmm. he he..

Was glad and nervous about our first meeting, he met me @ Phuket Airport, then we hugged, awwwwwwwwwwww (reminiscing memories, lol) he's so tall ha ha.. Then we got comfortable with each other already which was a great thing, then the rest was history ha ha ha.. And yes, I'm from Davao, too bad didn't experience the torotot festival but its alright atleast I experience having new year with my love-one.. Glad you guys had so much fun blowing, I mean the torotot, LOL!

Btw, I'm gonna start processing my visa since we both planned and he decided I should visit him in Aus too after his visit here in Ph this midyear, if you would be so kind, I would love to add you and ask some questions about how to get the visa and the wherebouts where to start and where to go and the fees, he he. Thanks in advance! Hope to see you one day soon Ryza! Cheers!

Maybe I'm just still having this trauma when I was denied to Singapore. I'm feeling nervous really but everything will be well(I hope). I hope that the officer that will interrogate me is nice and will really see that me and my boyfriend are genuine. I just want to make sure I have everything they possibly need because well, the round trip tickets I have are so expensive.  Lol.
I don't want it to get wasted again because of the wrong decision of the IO.

And thanks for mentioning me that CFO thing. That's a plus point that I know what to say if they ask me that document:-).  Thank u.

Wooo, I can imagine. So we both have the lovely good start of our new year together with our loved ones.<3

And yes, sure I can tell u everything you wanna know about getting the visa. I'll contact u in the email soon.