Philippines Stopping Filipinas from Leaving As A Tourist?

Hello everyone,

Please note that some off-topic posts have been aside. We request members to avoid any off-topic comment, if you have anything to share which is not directly related to the topic, you may create your own discussion.

All the best,
Bhavna

Bhavna wrote:

Hello everyone,

Please note that some off-topic posts have been aside. We request members to avoid any off-topic comment, if you have anything to share which is not directly related to the topic, you may create your own discussion.

All the best,
Bhavna

You will find the substance behind the application of the Philippine legal system is the reason for deplaning people at the airport on the basis of false pretence of protecting them from people trafficking.

POEA is given the authority to manage the OFW's and in this right has control over stopping what they see as Filipinos leaving to maybe apply for work overseas without engaging the POEA and paying their fees;
The block at the airport has nothing to do with People trafficking, it is a political decision to force the Filipinos to go through the POEA and to try to stop them from escaping the POEA system

As a result the innocent are punished and it is justified by the statement "Suspected people trafficking" with no evidence"

This is the action of corruption and nothing else. The substance that allows this is the legal system. the legal system is flawed and pointing that out will help to protect expats and visitors going to the Philippines.

If these comments help just one visitor to avoid issues with the Philippine system or it helps just one Filipino to be allowed to exit without being deplaned it will be worth it.

I must also advise I have sent a complaint through the public complaints system in the Philippines about this precise issue and it has been forwarded, by the receiving section to President Duterte for consideration.
In that report I mentioned a lot of the points I have been making here in the posts and this indicates the current administration has taken the complaint seriously

markenji wrote:

I think it is the same for most countries.  Single Filipinas are not allowed to leave the country because of many reasons:
- the might immigrate
- they may be very good candidates for job vacancies abroad and compete with locals
and a lot more.  Sometimes, having a sponsor/fiance doesn't even help. 

I once applied for a  visa (not for Thailand though) with COMPLETE documents from me and my sponsor. I am employed.  I've been to the US and Malaysia as a tourist. I have money,  paid leave of absence, plane tickets, stamped invitation- everything.  In the end I just got denied because they can't guarantee my return.  Which is insane!  I have a job to come back to. Looks like declaring my then bf as sponsor did more harm.  I should have just claimed I would only be traveling for tourism - maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Now I have a denial stamp on my passport and wouldn't want to risk a second one.  sad. :(

This only happens in the Philippines. Other countries do not have restrictions on travelling. Why issue a passport if they do not want you to travel?
One of my assistants applied over 2 years for a passport and was refused 5 times for ridiculous reasons including, your ID is not 2 years old, Your drivers license is not 2 years old, You don't have evidence of SSS (She had), and so on.

The requirement under law is to have a valid ID (There is not mention of 2 years) PNoy put this restriction in place.

Philippine Immigration will question you about everything and it all comes back to "will you be going to work" It has nothing to do with "People Trafficking"
My assistants (2) had letters and invitations from us to travel to Thailand for training and a holiday.
Airfares (round trip,) accommodation booked in their names, evidence they were employed in the Philippines by our business and evidence of pay (good salaries), AND
They were questioned for 15 minutes by Immigration departing for the first time

Then on the second trip, questioned for nearly 20 minutes even thought they returned on the ticket and date they showed Immigration for the previous trip.
My daughter in law's sister (Filipino), travelled with them on the second trip, her first time out of the country and was not questioned at all.

It is not consistent.
You need to prove you will be going back and that you  will not be working overseas.

This is POEA Driven, not immigration

There are different visa available but I doubt you can get into the Philippines until the virus is over, about the land doesn't matter foreigners cannot own land

My wife received her visa to visit Germany but the only reason it was granted was she is married to an American living in the Philippines ,I had to provide my bank statement for 3 months her bank statement and an interview at the German embassy , her cousin application was denied

OMHO : This thing about tourist visas has many a developed countries government being pressed hard by her own citizenry to *refrain from allowing young single foreign tourists entry into any such better developed country, especially from 3rd world countries, as there has been a rampant abuse of the tourist entry visa by these young single woman whom enter the country on the pretext of tourism only to find that many end up being  employed, not only in vice industries but also many other industries where they end up competing with the local citizens. Here the foreign employer plays a big role as they get cheap/young/pretty/obedient/labour union free/exploitable labour.
Why i say this...Its a fact that where I come from thousands of these young single woman have entered the country on tourist visas & then managed to secure low-no skill/low paying jobs and some eventually entrap many a local men married/non-married.
So Yes Philippines is only one such country from where these young single woman come from & so I guess the philippine government is but trying to protect their own young citizens from being exploited by making it ever so difficult/confusing to let them leave the country.
If that same young pinoy lady is married to a foreigner/professionally qualified/has an existing work visa/rich with proof of self sufficiency/or is being sponsored by a single local citizen who is gainfully employed with a monthly salary scale >$5000sgd & having his own residence and planning to get married to that same young tourist which will make it very much easier for her to access that tourist visa.
These stringent measures are only going to get tighter in the years to come....again OMHO.

Oops double entry....OMHO
:D

Good day Po,
   I'm student foreigner, Stephanie by name from Manila. Looking for an expat employer job.
  Pls kindly msg me if you have any job offer I'll be really glad. Helper/carer, personal assistance or anything as a paying job.

Thanks sir/ma.