Seat belts safety

Friends did anyone notice in K. S. A, expats  are using seat belts while driving but Saudi's  never use.

Just see the driving person, if he is non Saudi he will use seat belt if he is Saudi he will not.

Why :P

Yes, I have noticed, when I am brave enough to uncover my eyes. Usually I stare at the shops so I don't see the madness around me. The drivers also have their children either on their laps while driving or jumping around in the back.Scary!!

That's is true usually, but it is NOT a rule of thumb! Some Educated Saudis do wear their seat belt, and a lot of expats don't (excluding westerners). When I drive with company of some Arabs or Asians wearing my seat belt, they laugh at me and think I'm too cautious, while my  Western friends do wear their seat belt even if they are in the rear seat!

wilson_derry wrote:

Friends did anyone notice in K. S. A, expats  are using seat belts while driving but Saudi's  never use.

Just see the driving person, if he is non Saudi he will use seat belt if he is Saudi he will not.

Putting it on gives me a strangled feeling; i can't. Penalized 2 times; Am on the hat trick chance :)

TheLegendLeads wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

Putting it on gives me a strangled feeling; i can't. Penalized 2 times; Am on the hat trick chance :)

Try using a seat belt, Its a matter of month or so, after that I'm sure you wud feel uncomfortable without it !!!:)

TheLegendLeads wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

if your caught with out using the seat belt how much have to pay the fine :D

saimans wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

Try using a seat belt, Its a matter of month or so, after that I'm sure you wud feel uncomfortable without it !!!:)

you know the day one when i came here in K S A,  i went with my cousin he told  me use the belt in k s a regularly, i said yaa i do use belt regularly..he said not the pant belt duh seat belt :lol:

wilson_derry wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

100 SAR

TheLegendLeads wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

100 SAR

Is there a life membership card available ??
Simply asking... :P

@ ghanshyampdave if you want we can guide you how to get the membership card. :lol:

wilson_derry wrote:

@ ghanshyampdave if you want we can guide you how to get the membership card. :lol:

I need driving license and a Car also :P

get your driving license make sure you don't use belt and your paid  for not using seat belt ;)

Just a word of caution as it is an individual choice.
Would have died twice if not for the seat belts.  Instead they broke my ribs but saved my life.  I will not get in a car without the seat belts.  Oh by the way both times I was a passenger.

oh god your lucky, Where did this happened in K S A?

Sorry I had not checked the E-mails to see you asked a question.  I was not meaning to be rude.

On vacation in El Paso, Texas on the way to a golf course in the desert.  Got hit by a full size Subarban driven by a 16 year old.  Totalled a new company van with only 260 miles on odometer.
Happened 16 years ago and I still suffer from terrible back pains.   Funny thing is after the accident I hurt a little but not tremendously so I took a taxi to the golf course and walked 18 holes carying the clubs on my back.  It was not until a week later that the big pains started.   The MRI revealed I had herniated C-5 disk, Bulging C-6 disks, two broken ribs and a torn rotator cuff.  Adrenalyn can work wonders.

wilson_derry wrote:

oh god your lucky, Where did this happened in K S A?

@ Alon Injed oh that was really painful experience