Job Offer

Hi

I have recently received a job offer from Al Hoty contracting to Saudi Aramco and i am trying to obtain as much information as i can before making the big decision.I am not sure yet where i will be based in the Kingdom.
Has anyone any experience of working for Al Hoty / Saudi Aramco?
Is it best to live in a western compound and is it expensive?

Any Information will be gratefully recieved.

Thanks Steve from Cheshire

Aramco is viewed as the best company to work for in KSA.  From what I hear, their compound is huge, like a small western city!  If you have an offer from Aramco, GRAB IT and RUN! You'll probably be based in the east.

Good luck! :)

Hi,

Just chk the job offer whether its directly with Aramco or with the Contracting company Al-hoty. Because the facilities you might be entitled to you will be totally different. The Camps at Ras Tanura and Dharan on the east coast are among the best places for the Aramco facilities. Also Yanbu on the west is considered to be good. In the central province also they have a facility @ Riyadh.

Most of the locations of the Aramco are having thier own compounds except central region. Plus there are numerous other small facilities all over the KSA.

So the bottom line is, If you have a direct Job offer from Aramco, its nothing like that, the best place to work at, in KSA (as told by Alliecat). But if its through the contracting firm, just chk out all the pros and cons.

Good Luck !!

Hi Steve,

Al-Hoty is one of the most reputable company here in the Eastern Region and yes they have huge contracts with Saudi Aramco. My uncle is actually the General Manager for the company and I know the employees are always satisfied with their employment. Being an expat, it is always better to live in a western compound as social life here in Saudi Arabia is very limited as you will find out. Living in a compound gives you something to do as it has facilities and other expats like us residing there. I work for one of the biggest real estate companies here in the Eastern Region and the yearly rent for a compound actually depends on its facilities, size of the villas and the age of the compound but based on my knowledge of the market, there are some that are of great quality and not that expensive. I hope this information helps and good luck on the move!

-Paul

Hi All

Many thanks to Alliecat, saimans & paulcastro for your prompt informative replies.
Yes my contract is with AL-Hoty.

Is it expensive to rent acomodation in a Western compound?

Many thanks

Steve

Like I said Steve, you can get good quality compounds at a good price it all depends on your preference of the facilities and the size of the villas. The compound prices range from mid range to really expensive. If you need help regarding accommodation in a western compound, I can help you out as I have already assisted several Expat.comgers from here move into several compounds within the eastern region.

-Paul

Hi All

Just found out I will be working at the Aramco School in Mubarraz.
Does anyone have any information about the conditions there?

Steve

Hello,

I was offered a job from Aramco in Tanajib with family residence in Ras tanura. Is anybody having same experience ? How is the  life in Tanura ? How is the life in Tanajib ? Can I travel everyday from Tanura to Tanajib ?

frenchguy777 wrote:

Hello,

I was offered a job from Aramco in Tanajib with family residence in Ras tanura. Is anybody having same experience ? How is the  life in Tanura ? How is the life in Tanajib ? Can I travel everyday from Tanura to Tanajib ?

Ras Tanura is the Best compound for Aramco after Dhahran and you can have the best of the facilities at Ras Tanura. Tanajib is around 250kms from Ras tanura, It is drivable, but surely not preferable and advisable on daily basis. Usually company takes care of the transportation, So i guess you will be working there @ Tanjib 5 days a week and coming back to RT on weekends !!

Thanks Saimans,

What about french school ? Are there any in the area ?

frenchguy777 wrote:

What about french school ? Are there any in the area ?

There is a school inside the compound for sure, But I guess its based on American Curriculum, Though I'm not sure !!

Hi Paul

I will be moving to the same place (Ras Tanura) in a few weeks (Aug 2013).  Any assistance or advice you could provide before my arrival would be very much appreciated.

regards
Marty

Hi Marty,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Feel free to create a new topic on the Saudi Arabia Forum as this one is dated 2012 :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Dear Sir

I too have been offered a position in Al Mubarraz  with Aramco through Al-Hoty. The recruiter was M2r. They have just contacted me and told me to go to London for a medical. They say I have to pay for the medical, visa and degree notarization upfront myself and they will reimburse me when I get to KSA.  Is this what they told you? Or was it a surprise?

I assumed they would pay for this upfront not me. Was it the same for you?

William

Dear Sir

I too have been offered a post in Al-Mubarraz in Saudi with Aramco through Al-Hoty. The recruiter was M2R. Do you have to go to London to get a medical and do you have to pay for it upfront?
This was a surprise to me as I thought they would pay for this upfront. but they want me to pay and they said they would reimburse me when I get there. Is this what they told you?

Regards
William

French school ???  You are in the wrong part of the World for finding a French school in Saudi.  Please......... French is a "less important" and "dieing" language.  Also, the the world population less and less people speak it around the world.  If you do not speak/ understand Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, and English go back to school, or call Rosetta Stone, or just stay in Paris with the French Frogs.  Did you notice you wrote your question in English ! GOOD Luck, Frenchy.

Hawke_David wrote:

French school ???  You are in the wrong part of the World for finding a French school in Saudi.  Please......... French is a "less important" and "dieing" language.  Also, the the world population less and less people speak it around the world.  If you do not speak/ understand Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, and English go back to school, or call Rosetta Stone, or just stay in Paris with the French Frogs.  Did you notice you wrote your question in English ! GOOD Luck, Frenchy.

So ... let me get this straight.  A newbie (you) joins the forum and is immediately rude and condescending to somebody who simply asked a question. What makes you think you have the right to tell somebody to stay in Paris? To bash his native language? :mad: 

It embarrasses me that you're American.  Keep that elitist attitude and if you *do* land in Saudia, you won't be here for long.

Hawke
A simple question requires an answer not a diatribe from a newbie.
With an attitude like yours you will find it hard to get by in any other country.
Perhaps you should be the one to stay home.

Alliecat wrote:
Hawke_David wrote:

So ... let me get this straight.  A newbie (you) joins the forum and is immediately rude and condescending to somebody who simply asked a question. What makes you think you have the right to tell somebody to stay in Paris? To bash his native language? :mad: 

It embarrasses me that you're American.  Keep that elitist attitude and if you *do* land in Saudia, you won't be here for long.

I guess just in case David happens to land in KSA... focus of his tirade would definitely shift.... and French wud become more agreeable :P

@kymadoce Got what you mean--good point :lol:

:rolleyes: @David, are you there?

TheLegendLeads wrote:

:rolleyes: @David, are you there?

No.. he went to Paris :lol:

I have been offered an opening with Al Hoty does anyone have any information to give me around making decisions as to go or not????

Hi Steve did you ever make a decision I am going for interview in London on 26th October what u think?????

Hopefully, I will start working at Saudi Aramco in Al Mubarazz this March 2014.

I was wondering if anyone has information on apartments and prices in this area.

Thank you in advance!

Finnbarr69

Wondering where you've submitted the application for ARAMCO and what are the necessary qualifications?

I submitted my docs. (degree/cert) during my interview with Al Hoty in Dallas, Texas back in March of 2013.

Can u clear the city name , I think it's district not a city , so please show me the city name , I will try to help u

Did you end up taking the offer?

I recently have been offered a contract in Dhahran through Al Hoty and am curious how people not working directly for Aramco find the experience.

-Nick

i look for a job in teaching English , trainer, teacher. instructor or lecturer. Plz anyone can help ne be appreciated.
Jaky

Hi

Am also is same boat. Got offer through al hoty and was wondering if there was anyone who had experience working with this outfit and could share that experience?  ( before I make the big decision)

Look forward to your reply.

Regards

Mo