Accompany spouse permit + work permit problems

Hi
I am originally from Mauritius and came to Port Elizabeth to study.  It has been six years since I am in PE. I got married last year in July to a South African citizen. In mid-November 2011, I decided to apply to change my study permit to an accompany spouse permit + work permit. I was offered a job at the university. I have not  yet received any updates about the permit. I was at the university yesterday and I was told that they have to appoint someone else as this is becoming a problem for them :(
Anyone experienced similar problem? Or any suggestions as to what to do?

Thank you.

Hi sunshine22,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I hope other members will be able to help you.

All the best,
Christine

Hi.

I applied for my LPP in august and is still waiting, so you really just have to be patient. I hear they are still only processing applications from June and July.

Good Luck

Sarah

Hi Sarah!
Thanks for the information! Yes this whole experience is teaching me patience! LPP ? I called last week to find out if there is any update. The very rude lady told me that everytime I call the customer service, my file get put at the back of the queue. She said she could see I had been calling quite often. So I don't know how true that is or she was just saying that to put me off and to stop calling.

Hi.

Sorry, LPP Life Partner Permit :D Hmm, that does sound very rude, is that from the DHA call center (0800 60 11 90) , because I have been calling them every 2 weeks and never get a directly rude reply, useless at must but not rude. Hmm I dont knoe, maybe ask to speak to a supervisor.. but considering mine is not ready yet and I applied before you, you must properly just brace youself with even more patience. :)

Thanks for the support. Yes true, most of them are nice but not always helpful. Yea patience hey.

Just be patient we are also waiting now since October and used an agent which supposedly was goign to be quicker. We are also phoning every 2 weeks. Some weeks they are really nice and say try again next week the last call I was told stop phoning you will get an sms when ready. Very frustrating and a spouse visa does nto even mean you can work here!

Hi.

Any news on your permit yet?
I was told mine has been approved, now I am just waiting (for more than 6 weeks) for the visa to come back from Pretoria.... Soooooo frustrating.

Funniest thing though, Home Affairs are blaming the delay on the post office... :D

@ MINASAB:
I was also told the exact same story: to stop calling and to wait for sms. I have been waiting. There are good days and there are bad days. Well I applied for the acc spouse permit + work permit. Goodluck.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

@ SARAHK:

That must have been a nice feeling to know that your visa has been approved! THE POST OFFICE?! LOL. Excuses and excuses. As far as I know, Post office dont have backlogs but yet again my recent experience with the post office is not very nice.