Affidavit and Notarial Contract - LPP

Hi All

First of all can I say how helpful I've found this forum so far, thanks!!

Ok, so I am going to be moving to SA with my South African boyfriend of 4 years. We should be able to prove out relationship relatively easily as we have a mortgage together and have had a bank account together for over three years. I have a questions however about the affidavit and notarial contract required for the Life Partner Permit.

The requirements state that I must provide:
(g) Proof of spousal relationship must be submitted on the prescribed
affidavit BI-1712A together with a notarial contract, where applicable

However, on the FAQs on the South African embassy website it says:
The spousal affidavit and notarial contract pertaining to a spousal
relationship referred to in section 1(1)(xxxvi) of the Act is a requirement to be
concluded in the Republic to allow it to legally sanction a permanent
conjugal relationship, within the Republic, other than a marriage or a
customary union concluded under the laws of the Republic.
The notarial contract is a formal agreement entered into by a South African
citizen/permanent resident and a foreign partner, notarised by a South
African attorney, setting out the details of their rights and privileges in terms
of their relationship. There is no standard format for this notarial contract
and each one will be unique according to the party's particular requirements
and circumstances. A notarial contract must be registered with the
Registrar of Deeds.

So I am slightly confused - must we got to SA, get an affidavit and notarial contract out in South Africa and then bring it back for me to apply for my LPP in the UK?

Then there's something about me depositing £600R? Can someone explain this to me please?

Also, one other question, assuming I can get a contract for employment, which part of the form BI1738 must I fill out for a work endorsement as none of the boxes on the the form talk about bypassing the requirement to prove that the employer couldn't find a South African to do the job.

I'll be applying for my LPP in London - has anyone done this recently and how long are they currently taking?

Any help will be gratefully received!

Thanks

Louise

Hi there, I am in the same boat as you.

Any information you can provide. Finding this process painfully frustrating as no-one can answering the questions I (and you) have.

Many thanks
Roy