Meeting new people in Accra

Hi, I moved from the UK to Ghana about 3 years ago. Apart from my work colleagues, I haven't really built up a network of friends/business contacts. I understand there is some sort of expat community/society here, if someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the forum efiasworld!

Hope that you'll make lots of friends here.;)

Harmonie.

There are two websites I know of that offer various ways to meet other expats. accraexpat.com organises meetings every month at different locations. There is one on 26th Jan. internations.org has meetings from time to time too. accraexpat also lists the organisations which meet regularly. There are events at the Grasscutters club at the British High Commission.
I belong to NAWA which has social nights once a month as well as other meetings. Hope you find something that you can enjoy.

I am coming to Ghana, specifically GA West ADP centre for World Vision. How is the area?Any prep I need before I come?How is the life there?Food?Nightlife?Hotels?Houses?Transport?

Thanks

I'm not actually sure where you will be based but if it is not in Accra or the other major centres then you will find things pretty basic. There will be transport, markets and bars but there won't be much that is specifically designed for expats. I'm sure you will enjoy the life though

One more querry.I have confimred al be in Ga West ADP, Amasaman. How far is this place from Accra itself?I have googled distance cant get exact measures.

How many Ghanaian Cedi make $200?I jus need to know so that I can know how to manouver the finances.

Looking at a map it doesn't seem too far out of central Accra but distance isn't as important as traffic. We are less than 20 kms out of Accra centre and yet it can take around 45 mins on a good day and an hour and a half on one that is conjested. There are a lot of road works around Accra that can add a lot of time to a journey.
At the moment it is around GhC 1.70 to a dollar

Hi,I understand there is a meeting for exparts on 26th January.Could I know where what time it is and where?

Thankx

Hi every one,could any one connect me to the Ugandan community in Accra?

Thankx

hello,friend
thank for your message, like wise you said i am i base in great Accra in lapaze,

thanks for joining us on this very site

Regards
Raph

Harmonie wrote:

Welcome to the forum efiasworld!

Hope that you'll make lots of friends here.;)

Harmonie.

hello,
thank for your message, like wise you said i am i base in great Accra in lapaze,

thanks for joining us on this very site

Regards
Raph

The accraexpat meeting is at Venus Bar and Grill. Go to the website for details

Am really honored by the response from members.Its exiting to be in touch.

Hi boprap,its nice hearing from you,are you Ugandan?