Job

hi to all,
i am alice from romania, i will came in few days in dubai for looking a job. I degree Law and i have 5 years legal experience. Someone can help me with some advise?

thank you

Hi Alice, Welcome in Dubai in few days. i dont know much about the job market in law, maybe someone in this forum can help.

what jobs do you target? and what salary?

Hi, tnx for answer to me...Well, firtsly i think is ok try anything, coz i m new in dubai and in this sistem u know...and i can start with any jobs  who including alittle my experience. and salary i think it must be no less than 9000 aed.
i donno....

You are very welcome, I agree with you, as most of employers will ask for UAE experience but at the end it is not important. i will suggest you look into companies that deal internationally, You have a very good experience and with your other capabilities ( i mean your beauty :) you can easily find a job as a CEO assistant or dealing at senior level. have you heard about JLT or Free Zone? did you apply to jobs or to agencies?

Some secretaries get up to AED 20000, it depends on the companies. and for you try to negotiate more, not less than 12000 of course depends on the position. your visit visa will gives you 2 months if i am not wrong.

Cheers

Hi Alice,

I agree with Vincepazo you will find job here easily only you have to search in the right place.

Did you find a place to stay in? have you friends here to help you settle or what's your plan?

Maybe you can search in Jebel Ali free zone there's many international companies here. I my self work here.

Anyway if you need information about this just let me know

David

alice1010 wrote:

Hi, tnx for answer to me...Well, firtsly i think is ok try anything, coz i m new in dubai and in this sistem u know...and i can start with any jobs  who including alittle my experience. and salary i think it must be no less than 9000 aed.
i donno....

Hi all,i've been here for almost a month and i still havent found a job. What's the best way to go about it? i would like to get into banking and finance. i have dropped my CV at some banks and also uploaded my CV on many recruiters websites but no feedback yet. I have read that some of the online recruiters don't reall help. So i need to know what's the best way to move forward?

Hello Rowena Mwikali and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to start a new thread on the forum, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Rowena, Banking and Finance is very competitive, plus the Banks in Dubai still struggling with the crisis and they are not many free position available. Also National banks and UAE banks are hiring Emiratis first. I don't want to look pessimistic.

for the recruiters you need to go to their office and meet them, not many are helpful, I suggest you try the medium size and small one because they will help you more, Try this one Manpower-me (if you did not yet) and go meet Florendo Padilla.

Also try LinkedIn, you will have direct contact with the Hiring manager. I personally get some interviews from there. all the professional are now using it.

for small companies if you are open to other choices try Dubizzle.com,you can find also some good opportunities.

Hope it will help

All the best

Hi Vincepazo...Thanks alot for the information. It's very helpful.

Hi all, I am new here and would like to share some opinions and get some advices from those living in Dubai and having expat experience. I am from Uzbekistan and recently I decided to come to UAE and check my fortune. As all other people doing I started searching job by sending CVs to employers. From dosen sent emails I did'n get any reply even from one receiver as I expected. My second step is to come to UAE and start searching job at place. Is there anyone who come to Dubai and found a job without having any friend and contacts? Could you please give your short info about your first experiences in UAE? I can only rely to my language knowledge. I am good command in English, Arabic, Russian and Turkish. Is it possible to find job without having job experience.

Hi Umka, and welcome to Dubai. It is absolutely true that having contacts help to find jobs and reduce time and steps. Dont worry even if the employer ask for experience it is not important. What you looking for?

Hi vincepazo, nice to receive ur reply. I started working as translator/interpreter after graduation, did some language teaching jobs, assitance jobs and now I am working as import manager one of pharmaceutical companies. I would like to start from kind of assitance job. By the way, does citizenship plays a role during candidate selection? I mean may be there are some fields where employers prefer one citizen to another.

Hi Umka, to answer your question, Yes, the nationality play a role when applying to certain jobs, you should try with Jafza in Jebel Ali. better go there and try to meet their HR department.

all the best luck

Thanks a lot, I will follow your advices.

welll....i tried to aplly to many recruitment companies and no succes... i tal with a recruitmnt officer...not coz he contact me...i found on facebook this one and he only sais to me send my resume to some emails and thats all...it was more easy and diretly the talk open with companies and says maybe about me....but not so much work....i hope in 3 weeks to find something good...everything not only in legal area....and tnx vince 4 reply...JLT site dont work on careers section..i donno why.....we will see what happen next...:)
good luck to all...

Hi Alice, nice to hear from you again. I'm sorry to hear that it is going slow with you, but keep trying and with hope you can find what you looking for in the coming days.

Regarding JLT i did not ask about the site, i told you to go personally there and visit some offices. Of course dont go blind but make some search about the companies there, also think about Media City and Internet City.

Don't forget to check Dubizzle, I found this randomly http://dubai.dubizzle.com/jobs/secretar … hbC8=&ps=2

it may interest you.

good luck :)

alice1010 wrote:

hi to all,
i am alice from romania, i will came in few days in dubai for looking a job. I degree Law and i have 5 years legal experience. Someone can help me with some advise?

thank you

ok ALice. let me check what can u do?

@ Rickitto > This is to inform you that this topic has been created in 2012, so it is quite old.  :dumbom:

Thanks,

Priscilla