Family Visa & Iqama

I have a question regarding visa and Iqama, applied for a job and had an interview. Am waiting for an answer now and possible Job offer.

I have advised the company that I do not have a degree but have experience in what they are looking for?

Will I be able to get a family visa without this? Also if I do, once am there will I be given a family iqama i.d without a degree qualification?

Please advise??

just to clarify - the company will provide a family visa, but will i get this without a degree and if i do get it will i get a family iqama without a degree?

UK786 wrote:

just to clarify - the company will provide a family visa, but will i get this without a degree and if i do get it will i get a family iqama without a degree?

No @UK786; this is bad news. Let me explain (to the best of what I know of course):

'The company will provide' usually means that they'll provide you with the necessary support letters and a family status.

The family status as per KSA law is:

- Return tickets to your home country once in a year.
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage for 4/more.
- 3 basic salaries as housing per year.

To apply for a family visa, you need to have a good profession on your Iqama and they check your attested degrees in the visa office.

Yes that's what they have offered on family status as you have mentioned. But will I get a family visa if I do not have a degree, only have a college diploma

I don't think so; but do talk to them.

Many locks open here with a key called in arabic WASTA (influence). Your future company may have one; who knows?

In the current climate in Saudia, it will be much easier for your employer to obtain family visa if you had a degree.

The family visa is dependent on your profession and therefore a degree is the bare minimum expected for a professional. (Your employers may struggle to get a consultant/professional status written on your Iqama, which could therefore hamper the family visa)

I said struggle - its still possible, but there may be difficulties.

Good Luck

So if a job offer comes through? And I apply for a work visa without a degree will I even get pass the 1st hurdle?
If I do, I guess I will have to check the profession on visa. If it is one where I can apply for a family iqama once am in saudi, will I be given one without a degree.

The profession on Iqama is very important; PLUS they need a bachelors degree attested by various authorities of KSA. Both of these are required.

I recall some 5/6 years back, one of my friends had a UK university degree attested by British Council but not by Saudi embassy in UK. We had to 'struggle' (as @SaudiUK said) a lot ending up in nothing.

So basically i have no chance of getting a visa to come to saudi work? and a professional profession.
even if i do come, i will not get a family iqama if i dont have a visa? is this correct?

UK786 wrote:

So basically i have no chance of getting a visa to come to saudi work? and a professional profession.
even if i do come, i will not get a family iqama if i dont have a visa? is this correct?

I dont think you will have a problem with obtaining a work visa...but the problem will be for family visa.

You will not know what profession you have visa for until your Iqama (min a week after you arrive) is produced. Your family visa is dependent on what profession is stated on the Iqama.

Won't my work visa have a profession on? When I apply for my iqama do my employee state what profession should go onto the iqama.

The profession will be written on the visa document. The same will be transferred to your Iqama when you reach here and your iqama is prepared.

This profession must be good enough to apply for the family visa (like Engineer, doctor etc). Some professions are not allowed to apply for family visas.

So before I come to the kingdom I will know what profession has been given for myself. So I guess if the profession is not good enough for the family iqama than I can always put a hold on to coming over.

Do let us know what profession they have issued in the visa (whenever you happen to see the visa). And we'll be glad to advise you accordingly.

Thank you guys - yes my final interview will be on friday. I have had a few, so fingers crossed. If I do get it,then will let u know what profession I get on the visa, then you guys can advise me if its good enough for a family iqama.

Hi guys,
Just needs some clarification / info from you guys.
Currently, my wife working with University Hospital in Jeddah as Staff Nurse.
I'm intend to move in Jeddah with my 2 kids as we can stay together again like other family.
I've been noted that my wife post is Single Status contract which do meant that the employer will do not sponsor wofe's family.
Question:
1.Is this meaning that we(me n kids) cannot enter KSA??
  Please correct if me wrong....

Thanks guys

muddy wrote:

Hi guys,
Just needs some clarification / info from you guys.
Currently, my wife working with University Hospital in Jeddah as Staff Nurse.
I'm intend to move in Jeddah with my 2 kids as we can stay together again like other family.
I've been noted that my wife post is Single Status contract which do meant that the employer will do not sponsor wofe's family.
Question:
1.Is this meaning that we(me n kids) cannot enter KSA??
  Please correct if me wrong....

Thanks guys

The "single" status indicates the visa is not a family visa.

In order for you to join wife, she needs to obtain family status visa.

Thanks SaudiUK.

Relieved to hear that. By the way, there a lots of confusing questionnaire in my mind. I'm really seeking your kindness to make it clear.

1. I'm planning to enter KSA with my kids in this short term by
   using Visit Visa calling by my niece's Arab friend company in
   Jeddah. Just to get close the kids with their mother in the
   meanwhile waiting for her iqama issued.
Question:
   Is there any risk in future about applying for Family / Visit
   Visa calling by my wife if I and kids has/used to enter KSA by
   using other party as above.
   What is your suggestion if my plan is risk? Is it better for
   me n kids to wait her iqama?

2. Schooling of kid's in KSA
Question:
   Can use family/visit visa on it?

3. in case if my wife not entitled for Family Visa.
Question.
   a. Can we use Visit Visa as to live in Jeddah continuously
      without needs to leave the KSA as to renew / continue it?
   b. Any risk of Immigration Action once to get back home town
      due to prolong stay in KSA by using Visit Visa?

Really to hear your kindness reply.

Thanks guys specially SaudiUK. "Salute you"

muddy wrote:

Thanks SaudiUK.

Relieved to hear that. By the way, there a lots of confusing questionnaire in my mind. I'm really seeking your kindness to make it clear.

1. I'm planning to enter KSA with my kids in this short term by
   using Visit Visa calling by my niece's Arab friend company in
   Jeddah. Just to get close the kids with their mother in the
   meanwhile waiting for her iqama issued.
Question:
   Is there any risk in future about applying for Family / Visit
   Visa calling by my wife if I and kids has/used to enter KSA by
   using other party as above.
   What is your suggestion if my plan is risk? Is it better for
   me n kids to wait her iqama?

Should not be an issue as long as the method used for visit visa is legal.

2. Schooling of kid's in KSA
Question:
   Can use family/visit visa on it?

No for schooling a valid iqama for children is a must

3. in case if my wife not entitled for Family Visa.
Question.
   a. Can we use Visit Visa as to live in Jeddah continuously
      without needs to leave the KSA as to renew / continue it?

Visit visa is not indefinate stay it is for 30 days and can be extended ....but you will need to exit at some time...they will not keep renewing indefinately.

b. Any risk of Immigration Action once to get back home town
      due to prolong stay in KSA by using Visit Visa?

as long as you exit before visit visa expires (after extension) it is not aa problem.

Really to hear your kindness reply.

Thanks guys specially SaudiUK. "Salute you"