Moving to Mongolia, UB soon

Hey!!

I`m moving to UB very soon, just waiting for my working visa to be approved. I do have a few friends in UB, but I`m always looking for more.
Anyone??

Hi jeanett.michel,

maybe a longer presentation would help ? Are you moving for professional reasons ? Any hobby maybe ?

Well, I was in Mongolia for a month in June/july this year. And I fell in love with the country and the people.
So now I`m selling everything I have and own here in Norway and I`m moving to UB to teach english...
Can`t wait!!!!!!:lol:

jeanett.michel,

Just so you're aware, there is a world of difference between living in UB in the summer and the winter in terms of air pollution.  In the summer the air pollution is not too bad, but in the winter it is horrendous, mostly from all the coal burning (both individual homes/gers and the power plants).  It makes Beijing look mild in comparison.  It's only early October and already there is a fair amount of it in the nights and mornings.  I don't want to discourage you, just want you to be aware of what to expect and not be surprised like many become.  I was aware of it before I moved, but even so the reality (and that coal smell) is hard to prepare oneself for.
Good luck with your upcoming move!

- Nickbert

Hey!
thanks for the warning...
I`m aware of the pollution problem, but as you said it would be difficult to prepare oneself for it.
I`m just gonna make the best out of it and give it a go...
But as we say in Norway, a difficult winter just make the summer that much better=)

I`m still waiting for my visa... =( hopefully I`ll be on a plane heading for UB next Friday...

Jeanett

Hello. my name is Muugii. I'm a journalist. I'm looking for foreigners who can speak Mongolian language, and who loves mongolia. We are gonna have a new tv show of foreigners in mongolia. So if you are interested please contact me. my cellphone number is 99909058. Muugii

Hey Muugii
That sounds like a lot of fun!
I do love Mongolia and I really like the language.
Problem is my Mongolian is pretty limited to survival phrases=)
But I have already arranged Mongolian language course for myself as soon as I get to UB..
so give me a few months=)

Jeanett

Did you come to Mongolia?

I`ll be in UB on monday=)

hi, I am interested in Mongolia. Do someone know how can I find job there in UB? I will be very grateful :)

[Moderated: off-topic]

jeanett.michel wrote:

I`ll be in UB on monday=)

How was your arrival?  Did you have any issues with the Immigration Office in getting yourself established here? My experience was that they are not always the easiest agency here to deal with ;-)

- Nick

Hi jeanett!

jeanett.michel wrote:

Hey!!

I`m moving to UB very soon, just waiting for my working visa to be approved. I do have a few friends in UB, but I`m always looking for more.
Anyone??

Hi Jeanett

So, are you already in UB? Still looking for friends?
You can contact me [email protected]

Thx, and hope to hear from you.

Hey, I am a Mongolian in UB. Do you still interest in Mongolia? What is your major (I mean profession)? I can help you to find job in Mongolia.

satibell wrote:

hi, I am interested in Mongolia. Do someone know how can I find job there in UB? I will be very grateful :)

Greetings! My wife (Mongolian) and I are preparing to relocate to Mongolia within a year . I am a recent college grad. I.T. and am looking for any job opportunities in UB. I know networking is key to securing employment and would like any feedback regarding finding employment I.T. field in UB. I am very excited about the prospect of experiencing living in a country that is on the up and up, 20+% economic growth is amazing!