US licensed attorney now registered as a foreign attorney in Mongolia

Dear expats,

Greetings from the Beckett family. We come from the great state of Texas with extended family in North Carolina and Kentucky. My husband, teenage daughter and I are new to Mongolia and living in the KH apartments next to Peace Bridge. I am a "Foreign Registered Attorney" in Mongolia.

We are learning our way around for shopping, etc. with the gracious help of our Mongolian friends. If any of you are on LinkedIn feel free to "connect" or please share any recommendations you have for joining groups to glean lessons learned and garner tips for working in UB.

Kind Regards,
Kim Beckett

Hello Kim Beckett,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

Hi Kim,

My name is Mark and I was previously a legal researcher in Mongolia, working there from December 2012 to December 2013. I worked at the National Legal Institute and the Judicial General Council. The Mongolian legal environment is truly fascinating. I'm sure you will enjoy your experience immensely.

I am now back in Australia completing my degree. It's my intention to return indefinitely to Mongolia upon graduation to work as a lawyer.

Although I do not live there anymore, I learned a lot about living in UB during my time, so please feel free to contact me if you need any assistance!

Good luck to you!

Mark