Stambolovo village, Veliko Tarnovo

Hi all.  jst wondering if anyone lives in or near Stambolovo village?

I'm looking at a house for sale there, but it appears quite close to the rail tracks that pass from VT to Pleven.

I was wondering f anybody knows how heavy the use is of the railway. Obviousley we don't really want to be next o a mainline in constant use. Any infomation would be appreciated.

cheers James.

@jasmith837  Hi James, do you mean Stefan Stambolovo?

if so the Sunflower guest house is based there (little gem of a place) especially if your viewing property in and around VT.  The owners; Graeme and Bev will be able to tell you anything about the place.

T

@Great escapist many thanks.  I will look them up.

There are two villages in that area with similar names, Stambolovo and Stefan Stambolovo.

When we were looking the that area, a long-term Brit resident in the area who knows it very well warned us that Stambolovo wasn't the best of villages and that we should avoid it, but Stefan Stambolovo was a good place to live.

That was ten years ago, so of course things may have changed. We didn't end up looking at houses in either village so I can't comment on from direct experience.

According to the timetable scheduled passenger trains run 4 times a day on that line, but there may be goods traffic as well.

@janemulberry, Many thanks for the heads up.

the listing says Stambolovo.  On the map it's quite close to Pavlikeni (a little south east).

I will ask the agent for the village post code.

james

I am sure that is the same village I was warned against. It looked just like any other Bulgarian village as we drove through on the way to Pavlikeni, but apparently at the time it was a small and tight-knit ethnic minority community that wasn't welcoming to outsiders.

But that was over ten years ago and of course, it may have changed. Hopefully someone with more up-to-date information will be able to chime in.

I suspect that the only change will be that the "small and tight-knit community" is now rather larger.....1f609.svg

@jasmith837 hiya James we lived in mihaltsi,  very close to Stambolovo... have a look there too x we are selling our house. X message me for more details.