Applying Disability

any tips on applying disability while you're in the Philippines?

1. once applied, so you need to contact them to send the evidence like medical record?
  2. if you applied, how long did it take for you to received feedback from them?
  3. applied first week of February.

thanks

mariaoliver02 asked. . . . any tips on applying disability while you're in the Philippines?

once applied, so you need to contact them to send the evidence like medical record?
if you applied, how long did it take for you to received feedback from them?
applied first week of February.

Don't worry about applying for disability, you will be long dead before the red tape ends. Or worse you could be long dead before you receive your denial letter.

I received disability and you'll probably need to get a lawyer or it will take you years from here

I received disability and you'll probably need to get a lawyer or it will take you years from here

-@rlfletcher60

Actually that does not bother me so much because SSA may no longer be able to afford payouts for purposes other than retirement including young children and disability. Too bad SSA cannot cover all financial distresses encountered in life but the fact is that even after Reagan fixed the trust fund in the 1980's, the other party has been spending the fund like drunken sailors (apologies to the few temperate Navy veterans). As is, in 10 years benefits of existing retirees will decrease to 70% meaning many expats will not be able to afford living here much less in the USA (but they may be eligible for food stamps and welfare there or find a nice sidewalk in LA to pitch a tent). To save the system we will have to let it pay for retirement only, not pay for kids, alleged "disabilities" and no supplemental security benefits either. The SSA trust fund is in dire trouble thanks to the party known for overspending.

@rlfletcher60 lawyer from here? does your lawyer need to contact them? I already applied should i still get a lawyer and let him

contact them on my behalf?

thanks

Hello everyone,

Please be informed that some political posts were removed from this thread.

Regards

Bhavna