Rentista residency clarification

Good morning folks.

I have searched the forum for clarification on Rentista residency; however, I was not able to find anything; thus, my questions.

For the Rentita residency I have seen that one must demonstrate "passive income".  Does this mean that I have to demonstrate "passive income" from rental properties in my home country?

Are there other sources of "passive income" that would qualify for the Rentista residency beyond income coming from a rental property in my home country?

Please note, that I plan on working with Lishali (spelling) as my time for moving draws closer.

As always, I thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Have a super-fantastic day!

As I understand it rental income qualifies as can other sources of non work related long term stable income. An annuity may qualify.  Long term dividend income may qualify.

@planner thank you.

I wonder if disability payments/income would count?

@ondami You have to show the passive income for at least 5 years. The monthly income requirement is higher with Rentista compared to pensioners. If the disability income is permanent, it might be able to be counted as pensioner income. 

@ddmcghee thank you. 

I will be able to quality for the pensionado residency as I plan on retiring in 2025; however, I am exploring the rentista residency as I would be able to start that process sooner than the pensionado residency as I would not have to wait on retiring and getting proof of retirement (retirement letter) to start the rentista residency process.

Sounds like I need to contact Lishali and explore my options.

Have a super-fantastic day!