Copy of an IPI on a property

Would you happen to know how to get a copy of an IPI on a property I own? Thank you

Welcome to the forums. What's an IPI?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's Impuesto Patrimonio Inmobiliario ?

Are you talking about your property tax bill?

@windsorwineguy:  What area are you in? 

You can check this government source: https://dgii.gov.do/cicloContribuyente/ … iario.aspx

@windsorwineguy:  I sent you a link by personal message until this link is processed. 

Real Estate Wealth Tax (IPI)

@windsorwineguy Hi! the IPI certification is a rather inexpensive document which may be obtained rather promptly. Its cost is currently DOP 300, and may well be procured digitally vía the DGII Virtual Office (Oficina Virtual) should you have access to such platform, as well as on site at any DGII office. Both the online version or physical one typically issued in a matter of minutes. Should you aim for the process on site, your Cédula or Passport copy would be a requirement the government official will require to confirm your identity and disclose the information. Hope this helps!

We open SRL company to buy a house in DR. I can't check taxes I have to pay on DGII site using RNC. it  says “you do not have a property or you are exempt“. Advice???

@windsorwineguy

Here is some info from DGII gov website:

If you open this on a CHROME browser, then this will be displayed in English, if its text (vs text in an image).

https://dgii.gov.do/cicloContribuyente/ … iario.aspx

What is the Real Estate Tax?

It is an annual tax that is applied to the total sum of the taxed real estate assets registered by individuals and Trusts.

Exemptions  *** this is good for some of us here, I just did a copy and paste***  Some of this is abit ambiguous (what is "rural lands" for example.  If its rural when you buy it but not in 20 years, then what happens).

The following are exempt from paying this tax:

• The home (and the lot on which it is built) belonging to people over 65 years of age, provided that this constitutes the only real estate assets of its owner.
  • 50% pensioners and income earners from foreign sources.
  • Rural lands.
  • Improvements for agricultural use located on rural land.
  • Properties exempted by special laws (e.g. Law 15​8-01).
  • All properties reached, whose joint value is equal to or less than RD$ 9,860,649.00