Solar panel and well submersible water pump kit

Hi everyone, I'm trying to find a supplier near Dipolog City Mindanao, that can supply solar panel and well submersible water pump kit, or is it better to just order online from another country, I don't need an installer, I'm looking for a local supplier of equipment.

I use Facebook, Ricky, when no one in my family can provide a referral.  I found a great local auto body man and solar installer, both through Facebook.

I've had failures too.  Sometimes they never reply.  I contact them first by Messenger.  Often language is an issue, so you may need to involve asawa or another relative.  The body man and solar shop both speak English very well.

Stef

@Ricky Hawk

I recently installed a solar system here in Dapitan... My guy may be able to help you?  Message me and I can give contact info.

@Wellsfry

Hi There, thanks for the answer, would be great to get contact details, thanks.

@Ricky Hawk

My experiences with Wells may be interesting. San Pablo Laguna. Excellent water quality 2 pipes down 30feet?

Up the road in Quezon 2 pipes down gave us water that tasted of iron. Someone said, the deeper you go the better the water.

Pulled out the pipes and added 2 more.  60 feet? We had water coming up under its own pressure? I created a water feature and laid plastic sheeting over a design in our garden  2 days later we returned to find orange residue on the sheeting.....lots of it!

The water taste was just the same as with 2 pipes.

Ace hardware sell a filter system which we set up and it was effective but only just because the iron sulphate clogs up the membranes.

The developper built 2 complex water filtration units to be able to supply lot owners (500) with clean drinking water.  I couldn't,t believe the technical set up by this company from Manila. The residents enjoy clean water and pay the developer for the privilege at twice the price per cubic meter that the local water board charge!!!

I met the top water board manager in Taung who explained that he had 2 deep Wells and would need our developer to help him dig 2 more to supply water to the new subdivision. Our developer decided better business to buy its own filtration unit and have its residents pay for clean water. I mentioned the heavy iron content to which he replied"oh we get rid of that!" Without the filtration units the water is not fit for cooking and stains the ceramic wc units. Maintaining them is another issue since they are a complex machine and the company is 2 hours drive away in Manila. What happenes when a fault occurs to 500 residents and the spare new part is not available for a while? The residue iron from the subdivision  is put into its drains which flow into the local river ?????

A sad situation and only the developer wins

@Peter Clark

Always a difficult issue. We are stand alone solar/batteries and pump from our well that is only 6/7 metres deep, the water looks clean but it's not, we do shower, clean teeth, wash dishes and clothes but don't drink. Problem is the calcium/lime build up on fixtures and fittings. Worse though we had the water samples sent off to the laboratory 5 years ago and revealed slightly hard water as in minerals, iron content was fine but the E.coli and Coliforms were borderline by WHO standards, a tad over but we or visitors never had a problem with the water.

I'm looking into a 4/5 stage filter system with UV sterilization but I don't really want to go down the water softener path as that becomes expensive and extra maintenance, dosing tanks etc.

I would simply love to go to the kitchen sink and get a glass of water instead of relying on the water stations selling the refills.

I sized a system that will run the house 5 bed 4 bath and powder room and is about P9/10K so cheap aside from filter cleaning/replacement. Time will tell.

Cheers, Steve.

I just installed a 5 stage (Big Blue's) with UV. Purchased everything separately on Lazada/Shopee and had my builder install.

Big improvement, went from non drinkable to drinkable, have not yet tested, but stains and odor is better, taste ok, probably could use some more softening but for now its ok until we can add to the system. We are a block from the sea, so water table is very shallow, maybe 20', well water is bad without a filter setup.

Filters good for approximately 6 months, so twice a year. The UV bulb is supposedly to last 12 months so we will see.

Thanks for your input vehicross, seems same page. We are on the beach, the well some 26/28 ft deep at the back of the property is only around 350/400 ft from the ocean high tide mark.

We had the water tested 4/5 years with the same lab that tests the local refill station every 3/4 weeks and was high in mineral content, calcium etc. but little to no iron but borderline by WHO standards for E.coli/coliforms.

Looking like you did at a 4 stage perhaps 5 stage big blue 20 x 4.5 inch filtration system and an 8 to 12GPM UV sterilizer

We have used the water here for years including brushing teeth and nary a problem, your thoughts?

Cheers, Steve.