CTPL or Comprehensive insurance

Hi all just some help please our comprehensive insurance on our car is expiring after one year when we bought the car new.

The car is a Toyota Fortuner and to renew the comprehensive will range anything from 34k to 42 k which is a lot.

I also believe to make a claim is another ordeal, so maybe save the money and pay for it yourself if an unfortuanate accident should happen. Otherwise stick with the third party at least that is covered for anything stupid

Appreciate your views, comments, experiences and recommendations.

If this topic has been covered in the past then i apologise, just let me know then i can see if i can find it.

@ aklokow

Renegotiate with your insurance company, broker the current value of the vehicle, Ben argues the toss with them every year and the price for the policy drops 2/3K per year.

As for a claim? Hopefully none of us ever have to go there.

Cheers, Steve.

@aklokow

Hello i can help you regarding your car insurance. Heres my number***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@aklokowHello i can help you regarding your car insurance. Heres my number ***        -@mary catherine tan

OMO but you should send this member a PM as the moderators will remove your phone number post haste.

Cheers, Steve.

That's  probably the best offer he's had all year Steve🤪

@aklokow Here in the province, driving is fairly slow and vehicles are not usually totalled. You can get hit and run by tricycles and jeepneys while you are parked. So, to repair body damage, realize that it is much, much cheaper to self insure your new car. It is amazing how they can fix body damage, they are true artists and a typical bill might run 4000-8000 pesos. I think all of these plans I hear about for 30-45k are way overpriced BUT it is possible to be of value if you live in a large city where repairs may be much more options expensive. As it is, I self insure my Fortuner here and I also would be concerned about a repair shop working with an insurance company on assignment as in the US. The shop owner wants his money on completion and will not generally handle insurance bureaucracy here where cash is king.

Good point danfinn, I suppose no different to me not going for private health insurance. Self insure as you say.

Cheers, Steve.

@danfinn

Thanks for the input, which makes a lot of sense, we are also in the province and drive very little, now and then a long distance which is 12o km one way but takes 2 hours.

I think you have convinced me to be self-insured, makes total sense.

Thanks

Andre