Request for an Attorney in Paranaque

Dear all

The good days have gone.

Any advice on credible reliable property solicitor in Pananaque area? I split out from my girl friend after 3 years and I have a house under my sole name.

I appreciate your recommendation.

Dodi

Hi dodi, if the house? Do you mean lease/rent or a condo.

What is your question? Your ex is going after you financially or trying to get rid of you from the property? Something else?

Attorneys/ mouth pieces cost money and are slow especially if you are a foreigner, you know milk the cow.

Surely you can come to an amicable agreement with your ex then simply get it ratified.

Good luck and hope you find your answers.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl

Thank you for your feedback.

It is a house. I own the lease for the building for 25 years.  I am the sole owner and sole occupier as shown on the building permit and certificate of occupancy.  My ex girlfriend owned the land and has a different address from mine but she was using my house.

I asked her to move out back to her property but she refused.  I hope this clarify matter.

Regards to all.

Sorry dodi but not really.

If you hold a 25 + 25 year lease on that lot did you pay the girlfriend the lease agreed in advance to purchase the lot/lease or monthly and whether or not existing infrastructure or a new house was that specifically written into the lease agreement? Improvements and chattels etc. Cover your ass.

I have an encumbered title over the land, stating the lease and title can't be sold until release, a lot like a mortgage with a bank  and only took 3 years to achieve, welcome to the Philippines. the property can't be sold unless I or my executor releases the lean.

While not sure if you lived together/cohabitated through those years and not up with the laws here in PH. when it comes to G/F B/F I am in a different situation as we are a same sex couple for 13 years and Filipino law to date doesn't recognize, my gain loop hole what ever.

What does your ex G/F say/ask, require? While OMO you should have had this in hand from day one.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl

Thank you sir for feedback.

I paid in advance for 25 year lease for the lot that is under my ex girlfriend name, stated in the lot lease contract.

I build the house myself being a professional Engineer.

I am not sure yet what my ex girlfriend want specially her resident address is not same as mine.

That is why I need to engage a solicitor.

Regards

No sorry you need to man up and talk to her, civilly. Avoid legal eagles every time if you can. Do you live here in PH? In your house that you built?

You have not mentioned the problem between you and your ex, only that she shares the same address, that would probably mean she still lives there?

Next option if you can't reconcile sell the lease and buildings and move on or simply hire a bulldozer and knock it all over. As said go sort it out with her before you involve leeches.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

I myself do not know much about this subject but I did see a you tube video recently by The Filipino Pea and this was one of the subjects she touched on with the solicitor/lawyer she was getting the information from. I am not saying this video was a recent release of hers, just that I saw it recently so it could be from a year or more ago.

One thing I do not understand though is that you said in your first response to Big Pearl - My ex girlfriend owned the land. Does that mean she does not now?

An add on here, my lease is from my better half and we are a same sex couple and not recognized under PH. law, so no problem to lease from my partner or the bloke down the road and while I'm not up on conjunctional law here in a DeFacto relationship I am well aware that a husband and wife cannot lease from each other as considered the same entity, perhaps the OP does need to consult an attorney if not worked out amicably.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl

perhaps the OP does need to consult an attorney if not worked out amicably.

Amicably translates to either the sale of the hereditament (difficult if no clear title) or you paying your ex off. Good luck on the negotiations with that one. And you thought Dodi when you divorced your British wife that all your problems were behind you..

To Future Expats:

Let this post be a learning experience for you. Never invest more than you can afford to loose.

The video I mentioned above was titled (LAWS IN THE PHILIPPINES YOU NEED TO KNOW/HOW TO AVOID TROUBLE IN THE PHILIPPINES) and is dated Sep 21. Seems to cover your issue at the start.

I do think you should speak to your ex first and find out what she wants from you then depending on what she says speak to a solicitor. You may only need a one hour consultation to find out enough for you to make a decision.

@bigpearl Thank you Steve.

I went to Manila last week for 5 days and gave a friend SPA to deal with this matter.  I am back today to Saudi to start work tomorrow.

My ex girlfriend does NOT share same address with me. She lives with her mother. She owns the land that I leased for 25 years.

Regards

Dodi

@Cherryann01

Thanks for your response.

Yes. My ex girlfriend still own the land that u leased for 25 years. The building is under my sole name.  She does NOT share same address with me. She lives with her mother.

Regards

Dodi

@Enzyte Bob

Sir, I agree 100%.

I can take the loss.

Regards

Dodi