Ikamet extention, please note NOT INTERESTED in promotions

I am Dutch and we have an Ikamet for 2 years, fine for now, however so many people (especially pensioners (renting) from Germany who go back (Alanya is getting too expensive or Ikamet are used as an argument))

True, things (also in EUR/USD) become more expensive (but also in Europe), me not getting any income is not so good, but comparable in Alanya (Mahmutlar) are relatively fine. Cigarettes are still very cheap, alcohol is fine, restaurants are (depending) also increasing, but service in general is excellent and price is a bit lower then Europe. Gas and electricity are very well priced (CHEAP I have to say) and Aidat is far too low (in general)

Ikamet of course should be a concern, but Turkey is not (in my view) sending away people who spend (even if no income, but only a bit of capital)

For people who rent there is a clear challenge, even for some of the owners, I am just would like to see your experiences.

Nothing more

Again no people who can help, we can find ourself and we do.

@cdw057

You've not stated your particular circumstances. I know that some are very reluctant to share such info

1) Your ages?

2) Do you rent or have you purchased?

Are you living off the proceeds of your house sale in the Netherlands?

3) How long will funds last

4) Are either of you still working?

5) How many years until your state or private pensions kick in?

In my case:

A) 58 single man

B) I shall be purchasing but will also have £150k minimum in my UK bank and a private pension of £27k GBP per annum (in payment & taxed in the UK), with my state pension (currently £10k GBP) coming in under 9yrs. So there is no need for me to touch my lump sum as can live a good life off the £2.2k gbp/2.5k euro/75k TRL I currently receive each month.

C) No need for me to work but interested employers have advised they will sort out my working visa. Both English speaking roles in tourism and, if I take a position, I will pay turkish taxes on the income

@marktmorgan Apologies

I am 61, unemployed but with some capital, married with an own apartment, TAPU value much lower than real value (one consideration). No other property then the one in Turkey (luckily?), pensions should kick in 4 years from now. Easily for me and my wife to afford EUR 2000 pm (much more, but that is another matter)

Pensions will be very interesting, having worked in Netherlands, Luxembourg, Netherlands again, UK, Luxembourg again and in Hungary. Should come together to a nice monthly amount (however who will collect and report (as I understand it should be Hungary (but I do not speak Hungarian and Hungarian capabilities in Turkey are not wide spread lets say).

No concerns for now and I trust own assets will make Turkish autorities comfortable, still.