Re-entry on day visa.

Greetings,

Does anyone know if you can enter the country, leave, and come back on the same visa?

Cheers,

Not on the current (single-entry) tourist eVisa. To leave and come back on the same visa would require a multiple-entry visa, which will be available to apply for as of Aug15th, allowing the traveler to come and go as they please as many times as they wish for the duration of their eVisa. (if I correctly understood your question, that is)

hello, just check your visa, if it says "Nhieu lan" (multiple entries) then yes you can.  But it says "01 lan" (single entry)  then bye bye and need to ask for new visa to enter again

Vietnam-visa.jpg

Greetings,
Does anyone know if you can enter the country, leave, and come back on the same visa?

Cheers,
-@RTLisSB

On a new 90 day visa (issued on or after 15 August) no problem, as long as you have requested the multiple entry Visa.

based on something cryptic I read, it may be possible to purchase either a single entry 90 day Visa or a multiple entry 90 day Visa (assumedly at different prices).

we will know for sure on August 15th.

@Aidan in HCMC Sounds like you do.

Thanks, that helps.

Roger

@ajairon Awesome, thanks.

@OceanBeach92107 Fantastic!

Thanks!

hello, just check your visa, if it says "Nhieu lan" (multiple entries) then yes you can. But it says "01 lan" (single entry) then bye bye and need to ask for new visa to enter again
Vietnam-visa.jpg
-@ajairon

The example visa you provided appears to be a VOA (Visa On Arrival), which were being issued by VN immigration officers (the example issued at Tan Son Nhat Int'l airport).

Currently, the only candidates eligible for a VOA are persons entering VN with a registered tour operator having a set travel itinerary, or, persons holding an official letter of invitation from a gov't approved VN sponsor.

I don't believe either of those criteria apply to the OP.

hello, just check your visa, if it says "Nhieu lan" (multiple entries) then yes you can. But it says "01 lan" (single entry) then bye bye and need to ask for new visa to enter again
Vietnam-visa.jpg
-@ajairon
The example visa you provided appears to be a VOA (Visa On Arrival), which were being issued by VN immigration officers (the example issued at Tan Son Nhat Int'l airport).
Currently, the only candidates eligible for a VOA are persons entering VN with a registered tour operator having a set travel itinerary, or, persons holding an official letter of invitation from a gov't approved VN sponsor.
-@Aidan in HCMC

I was under the impression that visa agents have been successfully applying for VOA tourist visas of less than 30 days for nationalities not currently on the 80 county list approved for evisa.

Some are only able to have 7 day visas approved, and only entry via an airport checkpoint is possible (no land crossings).

I'm seeing my former visa agent (specializes in Pakistan) post about these approvals all the time, though I've not seen her mention the requirement of a prepaid tour itinerary.

I remember that was a requirement early in 2022, so I could very likely be wrong.

Vietnam-visa.jpg
-@ajairon
-@Aidan in HCMC

I was under the impression that visa agents have been successfully applying for VOA tourist visas of less than 30 days for nationalities not currently on the 80 county list approved for evisa.

Some are only able to have 7 day visas approved, and only entry via an airport checkpoint is possible (no land crossings).

I'm seeing my former visa agent (specializes in Pakistan) post about these approvals all the time, though I've not seen her mention the requirement of a prepaid tour itinerary.

I remember that was a requirement early in 2022, so I could very likely be wrong.
-@OceanBeach92107

I believe you are correct. Thank you! I had forgotten about the countries not approved for eVisa applications.

Still, VOA not applicable to the OP (Canadian).

Vietnam-visa.jpg
-@ajairon
-@Aidan in HCMC

-@OceanBeach92107
I believe you are correct. Thank you! I had forgotten about the countries not approved for eVisa applications.
Still, VOA not applicable to the OP (Canadian).
-@Aidan in HCMC

My apologies.

I thought we were going off topic so my reply was off topic too...

😉

@OceanBeach92107

I suspect they are issued the invitation at the point of sale abroad by agencies holding a sponsorship account. Might explain local agents not seeing it too often.