Pinay Offloaded then can't get embassy support

Hey, All,

I was an expat in Phils for a few years long ago and now Thailand. My Pinay fiance wants to come to Thailand while I finish medical things over the next year and Thailand is cool with it. Philippines is not cool - at all.

First try she was offloaded in Manila and told to get a CFO with support letter from me by Thailand Phils embassy. Doing all of that, things still failed twice due to my illness and timing and due to CFO taking forever. 5 round trip tickets down the drain.

My health is improving a little. Perhaps enough I can fly to Phils and travel with her. Any advice on how long I would need to stay, paperwork needed, etc.?

We will be moving back to Bacolod in a year or two, but would like to be together over that next 2 years while I am mostly bed-ridden from an accident and my insurance does not work in Phils.

Cheers all! Thank you for the kindness.

Welcome to the forum, SailingHome. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Ouch on those air tickets.. and I'm not sure what a CFO is?

Have you actually met and spent time in person with this woman? I ask because generally one has to prove a relationship (not just online) before they will let them travel. That is also why it helps to be there with them. The first time my girlfriend and I flew to Singapore and Thailand from Cebu, in 2016, they spent 20 min interviewing her and I separately. She was 36 then. Wanted to know how long we'd been together (2+ years by then), looked at pics on our phones, etc. I had also brought receipts for our condo rental, utility bills in my name, the car reg, etc. Not to say all that is required, but you get the idea. They don't want them flying off and into possible trouble. The trip the following year they still queried her briefly, but since then no issues.

@pnwcyclist I'm thinking CFO is some sort of "Financial Obligation" for our op.

Interesting what you went through with your GF. Understandable to a degree, they want to make sure she isn't being trafficked and not going to be a financial nuisance or left behind with no way to get out I suppose.

The reason I said it was interesting is because this past March when my GF/Fiance and I flew to Thailand for 4 days nobody questioned her in the least. Probably because of our age? We're older.

Yes, I stand under their desire to protect their own citizens. The frustration is the lack of clear rules at the hands of airport agents to guess for themselves and if a failure, it is in the record.

We've known each other 3 years and are members of the same church (Mormons.) Church leaders are even willing to sign quarantee she will go home. We just need her to come to Thailand long enough for me to regain my health.

Since there is no hard and fast ruling, can anyone guess how long I need to visit there before we fly together? I can't get the meds I need in Phils, and, honestly, just started walking again 2 weeks ago after 4 years of being broken. We are not a common case, but that is what rules are for.

Marriage would simplify the travel problem.

@pnwcyclist I believe this is the CFO. My then fiancé had to visit this place in 2007 for some reason when we were getting her visa in order.

CtadKN.jpg

@Moon Dog I believe it's a compulsory course for Filipinas who are planning on travelling overseas, Those who are travelling as OFW's don't have to worry but those those who are travelling overseas as a spouse or fiancée to be with their intended or husband, just be aware for some reason these courses are run by nuns and for some reason they will do their best to convince them that they are going to be, at best, beaten and abused by their foreign husband or intended or abandoned and sold into sexual slavery.

@FindlayMacD This was my ex-wife's experience of attending that course in Cebu back in 2006.

@FindlayMacD This was my ex-wife's experience of attending that course in Cebu back in 2006.
-@FindlayMacD
at best, beaten and abused by their foreign husband or intended or abandoned and sold into sexual slavery.

As it turned out this 'pearl of innocence' in the eyes of the Nuns ended up taking you to the cleaners.

@FindlayMacD My wife and her sister both took the 1 day CFO course in Cebu. The photo is in Manila, we had to go there to have her newly issued visa stamped. I was not allowed in so I hung around outside taking pictures. My sister in law just told me they had some crazy stuff in the course like a photo of a naked Filipina standing outside in the snow.

@FindlayMacD My wife and her sister both took the 1 day CFO course in Cebu. The photo is in Manila, we had to go there to have her newly issued visa stamped. I was not allowed in so I hung around outside taking pictures. My sister in law just told me they had some crazy stuff in the course like a photo of a naked Filipina standing outside in the snow.
-@Moon Dog

I hear all Cherry Blossom members are 'fast tracked' :)

@Moon Dog I believe it's a compulsory course for Filipinas who are planning on travelling overseas, Those who are travelling as OFW's don't have to worry but those those who are travelling overseas as a spouse or fiancée to be with their intended or husband, just be aware for some reason these courses are run by nuns and for some reason they will do their best to convince them that they are going to be, at best, beaten and abused by their foreign husband or intended or abandoned and sold into sexual slavery.
-@FindlayMacD

So not much difference than been a OFW in some countries then.

I have read an old article that says that a CFO is not required for a Filipino to leave the Philippines for the purpose of tourism but they must obtain any relevant visa. This however seems to be a rather complicated subject and it is hard to see exactly where to go for a definitive answer.

Yep, backwards like most things here at all levels, my better half, as a gay couple had to go through that crap 11/12 years ago to move to Australia and told me it was all sh1t and a waste of 4 odd hours simply to keep a plebian employed like most wasteful energy not only here but many countries. In Australia we call them Quango's, but much more evident here at all tiers.

Not that my comments are helping the OP but I simply wonder if they ever met given the problems the OP has encountered, met photos, met Chat history before and after meeting, the research involved is simple going to Thailand, US or Australia very different, My better half has been to Thailand, Malaysia and plenty of other countries that allow visa free Filipinos into their countries without all that crap.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

I am not sure if they have met in person also and what the O/P means exactly by both members of the church (Mormons). Is that just the same religion or does he mean both members of one specific church?

He indicated that he may look into flying to the Philippines to  bring his G/F back to Thailand and was asking how long he would need to stay. If his medical condition is as bad as he describes, I am not sure his Thai Medical Insurer would be happy about him leaving the country and if there were any complications while he was in the Philippines and he needed urgent medical care then they may invalidate his claim. I would imagine that the insurer would insist on him staying in Thailand for the full period of his recovery.

@SailingHomeSorry to hear about the offloading of your GF. It I very hard to give any exact answers when your exact situation and relationship with her are not disclosed. It is possible that the following statements and questions may be of help for the future.Many years ago I was informed that in 99% of the cases where a single Filipina of child-bearing age (or is between 20-59 years old) and seeks to leave the PI alone, she will be stopped. Note: The CFO has a special seminar for youth migrants ages 13 to 19 years called the Peer Counseling Program.To attempt this without the CFO and the proof that she is your fiancee is a big risk where you will most likely waste money.  I hope you made sure she had all details like hotel booking, financial capacity, and your relationship status.Have you established and maintained any residential status in the PI?Was there any explanation give at secondary inspection? [Travel Control and Inspection Office] Did she request it where your medical history and need to be away from her in Thailand was presented? Was she referred to the IACAT office?Was she provided with a "requirements to be Complied with " slip with the tourism section filled with 1-4 circled?Did she document her connection to her family or ties in her province including a bank account that is not near empty?Have you provided her with a "selected overview" of your medical needs and care options that took you to Thailand vs. the PI and established her as your domestic partner where you have assigned (i.e., called an advanced directive in the USA) her for both short-term and long-tern care?Has she looked at the CFO appointment for Manila? https://rapidvisa.com/getting-a-philippines-cfo-seminar-appointment/ There may still be offices in Cebu, Davao City or Clark Pampanga. I think it is still about P400 and reported to be country specific. My only experience was with my now deceased wife, as she attended and received her certificate and passport sticker for travel to the USA. Your "official" relationship with your GF may need to be based on what actual contact and frequency of contact that you and her can prove. So many details are have not been disclosed here but at least you can see a path forward with this and the many posts already received... perhaps?