Evisa from UK

hi I have applied for the 30 day evisa from the uk but i have read on the UK gov website that to validate the 30 days I will need to leave the country after 15 days is this true? or can I just stay for the whole 30 days then fly home?

hi I have applied for the 30 day evisa from the uk but i have read on the UK gov website that to validate the 30 days I will need to leave the country after 15 days is this true? or can I just stay for the whole 30 days then fly home?
-@racheljem

Hello racheljem, and welcome to expat.com!

As a UK citizen you are entitled to enter Vietnam, visa free, for a period of up to 15 days. Prior to the end of that 15 day visa free period you would have to exit Vietnam and if you wished return the same day, again visa free, for an additional 15 days. This 15 day visa free entry is a privilege extended to citizens of the UK.

With an eVisa, you have the option of applying to stay in Vietnam for up to a maximum of 30 days. Your entry/exit dates, as you had indicated on the application, will be stated on your eVisa once it is approved. With your approved eVisa in hand, you are entitled to an uninterrupted 30 day stay.

I hope this clears things up.

I am very curious about the UK gov't website you mentioned. Would you post a link to it so our other members may view it, please?

Feel free to ask any further questions you may have.

Again, welcome to expat.com. Hope to hear from you again soon.

-@racheljem

It sounds as if the post you are referring to is talking about someone who entered Vietnam on a 15-day Visa exemption for UK citizens and then wanted to purchase a 30-day evisa & stay longer in Vietnam.

In order for that person to activate the 30-day eVisa, that person (in country on a 15-day Visa exemption) would indeed need to exit the country on or before the date of their visa exemption expiration and then reenter the country with the 30-day eVisa.

If you enter the country on a 30-day eVisa, you wouldn't be required to leave the country until the expiration date of your 30-day visa.