Good international health insurance policy

Hello, can anyone recommend a good international health insurance policy for use in Malta and elsewhere in the EU?

For context, my wife and I are moving to Malta from the USA for 3 months starting Nov. 1 2023 and will staying in an Airbnb in St. Paul's Bay. On just a tourist visa this time (we are both newly retired) but we do need to buy international health insurance for both Malta and the other Schengen/non-Schengen countries we plan to live in for the next year.

I will be 65 next Feb but my wife is only 51, so we will need to rely on foreign insurance and health care for a while to keep costs down.

We have solicited insurance quotes from several firms but would be grateful if anyone had recommendations on who to insure with. We are not eligible for EU public coverage and we don't plan to work abroad. Thanks!

This tend to be something you have to buy in your country of residence and then be sure it covers your travel plans.

Your credit cards etc might provide basic travel insurance but for health insurance, especially as an american, I would say you need to find a US based provider.