What shall I put in my suitcase?!

Hi,

My name's Jess and I am moving to the UAE in a couple of weeks to begin a teaching job. At the moment I am struggling with the prospect of having a 20kg suitcase full of all the belongings I would need for a year in a new country! I would really appreciate some advise for a kit list from people who are already living out in the UAE.

I am from the UK so this will be a completely different climate and culture for me, therefore I would be really grateful for any help you can offer!

Also, I understand that there are some medicines are not allowed through into the UAE without a doctor's note. I have looked and looked all over the net and I can't seem to find out which medicines these include! What about paracetamol or buscopan? These are medicines that you don't need a prescription for in the UK. If anyone knows I would appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Jess

Mainly the strong prescription and opiate based painkillers, tranquilizers and barbituates. If you are bringing them in, you should also bring an Arabic translation of the prescription.

Aspirin, Paracetamol and Ibuprofen are widely available here over the counter.